Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard club is putting alot of time into swingman Wade Derksen

Issue is he is contracted but what can GWS ask for when theyre playing Keefe over him

Taylor also missed plenty of football and didnt get the call up

Id say if we can land him then 2MP/ Lav/Weidemand/ Stringer ect could be easier to move out
Haven’t seen much of Derksen since he was drafted. But was very impressed when I watched him in Darwin years ago.

Have heard club is putting alot of time into swingman Wade Derksen

Issue is he is contracted but what can GWS ask for when theyre playing Keefe over him

Taylor also missed plenty of football and didnt get the call up

Id say if we can land him then 2MP/ Lav/Weidemand/ Stringer ect could be easier to move out
For those playing at home, I've never heard of him either. Found this;

"The GIANTS added athletic key forward Wade Derksen to their list in the 2022 AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft. Plucked out of the WAFL by the GIANTS in the middle of the year on the back of an eye-catching 22-disposal, four-goal, seven-mark performance for the Peel Thunder, Derksen is a latecomer to the game after starting off playing rugby. Standing at 197cm, Derksen was previously part of Essendon’s VFL program before playing with Nightcliff in the Northern Territory. Derksen showed strong form for the GIANTS at VFL level in 2023, finishing as the side’s leading goalkicker for the season with 35 majors from 18 games. He was rewarded with a two-year contract extension which will see him in orange and charcoal until the end of 2025."

Weideman will only stay if Laverde goes. Nothing wrong with having a cheap body plying VFL. There is not a lot of experience left in the KPD department if both go. It would be the same situation as Goldstein. Plays VFL. Is an experienced body if needed. Bare minimum he helps the VFL side as he is good at that level.
Boot the ****ing Weid. Preferably in the ass out of our club.
Was a forward, turned bucket of shit, turned meatpie He's GONE! It will save other spectators from rupturing their stitches in laughter playing him.

Haven’t seen much of Derksen since he was drafted. But was very impressed when I watched him in Darwin years ago.
He was okay for our VFL team but always looked like VFL was his level.

Come to our club on $12M Mac, and see if you can't catch a back stress fracture from the spongey floors...

‘So what we’re going to do is spend half the salary cap on intercepting defenders and watch them spend the next 5 years helplessly trailing their opponent into the ball as the opposition careen out of the middle of the ground like bargain hunters rushing the doors on Black Friday.

Excited Episode 9 GIF by The Simpsons

‘So what we’re going to do is spend half the salary cap on intercepting defenders and watch them spend the next 5 years helplessly trailing their opponent into the ball as the opposition careen out of the middle of the ground like bargain hunters rushing the doors on Black Friday.

I’d play him forward next to caddy. Match up nightmares

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the way the guy plays, but his eruption during the half time break has me a tiny bit concerned at that price point
Exactly right, too much aggression for my liking.

I love my team full of mild mannered Clark Kent-types who are simultaneously finishing their Botany degrees.

Intercepting may be his one wood but he played a pretty tight lockdown game on Curnow earlier in year and the game got turned on its head when Hardwick inexplicably threw him in ruck in third quarter. He is already such a rare talent and has so much scope for growth.

Anyway isnt the poster who tweeted that the same guy that tweeted the nonsense re Tstatas?

He plays at both ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back