Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought that title belonged to expected scores lol

But your not wrong heavily over rated should be based on games played not the age profile
A stat to tell supporters that you’re a young list and therefore expect inconsistencies until they’re no longer young. 20 years later and we’re still hearing it in press conferences.

This is the clearest messaging so far that we are going to blow up the list and start again. I'm all for it and I hope that we finally do this properly. We've hamstrung ourselves with ridiculous contracts to Parish and McGrath but it is what it is ... Strap in and let's see what they do from here

It's why Essendon and Brad Scott are such a great fit for each other.

What other combinations delivers you 2 years of delaying what was the obviously inevitable?

It's why Essendon and Brad Scott are such a great fit for each other.

What other combinations delivers you 2 years of delaying what was the obviously inevitable?
this is why I simply cannot fathom why we didn't delist a bloke like Sam Weidemann with the others.. epitome of a journeyman and we hold him for some unbeknown reason cause he may provide barely adequate depth.

this is why I simply cannot fathom why we didn't delist a bloke like Sam Weidemann with the others.. epitome of a journeyman and we hold him for some unbeknown reason cause he may provide barely adequate depth.

Weidemann? He barely rates a mention on the list of serious errors of judgement.

How about Essendon and Scott lulling each other into believing that Scott needed more than 25 minutes to look at the list to work out what the problems were? People are such cynics when they want to be but boy does that cynicism dissipate when it becomes inconvenient (which is not a comment I am directing at you, Yoda, it's just a general observation). You've got deluded Essendon directors who think the list is good doing business with a coach, in whose interests it is to have a 1 to 2 year long gap period, and who himself has a proven track record of not being able to see the forest for the trees when it comes to list management.

What about re-singing all of the dysfunctional / uncomplimentary parts of the list mostly to long term deals while spending 2 years having a look at the list?

Weidemann? He barely rates a mention on the list of serious errors of judgement.

How about Essendon and Scott lulling each other into believing that Scott needed more than 25 minutes to look at the list to work out what the problems were? People are such cynics when they want to be but boy does that cynicism dissipate when it becomes inconvenient (which is not a comment I am directing at you, Yoda, it's just a general observation). You've got deluded Essendon directors who think the list is good doing business with a coach, in whose interests it is to have a 1 to 2 year long gap period, and who himself has a proven track record of not being able to see the forest for the trees when it comes to list management.

What about re-singing all of the dysfunctional / uncomplimentary parts of the list mostly to long term deals while spending 2 years having a look at the list?
Scott doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to managing a list, that much is evident from what we are seeing and what North experienced. I just wish we keep him away from list decisions and probably Vozzo too. I say this as for example Scott surely had input into signing Parish for such a long contract. Jade Gresham getting signed for $700k a year. Sounds like we offered Jake Kelly 2 years and although I liked that we got him a few years back with his profile, it was evident this year he was meteorite level cooked, thankfully he put himself out to pasture. We aren't seeing any genuine purge of a dysfunctional list and likely won't as the heirarchy don't trust our recruitment and are in preservation mode just making sure we don't completely bottom out.

preaching to the choir. Its like Adrian is still around and controlling things without actually being around

He may not be around but the decisions on the list sure as shit have his fingerprints all over it.

Scott doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to managing a list, that much is evident from what we are seeing and what North experienced. I just wish we keep him away from list decisions and probably Vozzo too. I say this as for example Scott surely had input into signing Parish for such a long contract. Jade Gresham getting signed for $700k a year. Sounds like we offered Jake Kelly 2 years and although I liked that we got him a few years back with his profile, it was evident this year he was meteorite level cooked, thankfully he put himself out to pasture. We aren't seeing any genuine purge of a dysfunctional list and likely won't as the heirarchy don't trust our recruitment and are in preservation mode just making sure we don't completely bottom out.
I don't think that's the correct read on the situation. We're seeing a couple of contracted players who won't be part of our future getting nudged out the door. If you 'purge' contracted players you're unlikely to get anywhere near what little they're worth in a trade and then you have to replace them with someone in the context of a limited talent pool.

Free agents cost more, McKay isn't worth $900k/yr either but that's what you pay to get someone through the door. Battle isn't worth that kind of money either but that's what he's getting offered to move to the horks. If you desperately need a small forward and there's only one on offer then you pay the asking price or make do with Davey and Menzie playing every game.

Its easy to say the list needs changing. We all know that. Theres a lot more that goes into actually doing it than just saying and knowing it though. Especially when we are turning over 20 years of Dodoros list building principles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back