Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

John Butcher playing for Myponga/Sellicks beat Victor Harbour (with bryce gibbs) by a point. Butch playing a big part in the winning goal.

Last edited:

Get ready to be mad.

I’ve been chatting with RussellEbertHandball about Port’s AFL history. He’s send me some data from 1997 to 2007. I decided to go after the rest. I can now totally prove to all that the “This is not the SANFL anymore” is a nonsensical statement.

The Port Adelaide Football Club has been playing in the AFL for the past 28 years. Considering all matches played since 1997, Port has the FOURTH best winning percentage of the entire league. We have settled that we belong to the league and deserve to be among its top clubs. We are no minnows.

f7f74f62-4cd1-4b68-8833-7fa68cce5a83.jpeg

There’s an issue, though. We have no issue playing in the Minor Round. However, we SUCK in Finals. We suck badly.

This is how many GF a club has reached in proportion to the times it finished the Minor Round in the Top-3:
2d887f6a-1a80-44c7-9954-54235527177c.jpeg

We are the 2nd club in number of Top-3 finishes. We are tied in 11th for GF played.

We can be more than we are. We should be more than we are. But, for that, we need to address our issue with chocking.

John Butcher playing for Myponga/Sellicks beat Victor Harbour (with bryce gibbs) by a point. Butch playing a big part in the winning goal.

By faking cramp and letting someone else take the shot? :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched parts of the GSFL grand final stream as I have an interest in the VHFC.

Butcher took the mark at CHF then kicked it deep into attack where someone took a mark and goaled. Put Myponga a point ahead and siren went about a minute later.

Get ready to be mad.

I’ve been chatting with RussellEbertHandball about Port’s AFL history. He’s send me some data from 1997 to 2007. I decided to go after the rest. I can now totally prove to all that the “This is not the SANFL anymore” is a nonsensical statement.

The Port Adelaide Football Club has been playing in the AFL for the past 28 years. Considering all matches played since 1997, Port has the FOURTH best winning percentage of the entire league. We have settled that we belong to the league and deserve to be among its top clubs. We are no minnows.

View attachment 2123205

There’s an issue, though. We have no issue playing in the Minor Round. However, we SUCK in Finals. We suck badly.

This is how many GF a club has reached in proportion to the times it finished the Minor Round in the Top-3:
View attachment 2123208

We are the 2nd club in number of Top-3 finishes. We are tied in 11th for GF played.

We can be more than we are. We should be more than we are. But, for that, we need to address our issue with chocking.

Yeah mate, we know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back