Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely there taking the piss

I saw something the other day about the council that controls East Fremantle's home ground - and in particular the ongoing redevelopment of same - demanding the club change its nickname from the Sharks, because it can be triggering for people who've been affected by shark attacks. I don't know if that proposal got up, or was just mooted by some radical weirdo councilors/ratepayers - there's some strange people down that way.

Last edited:
I hope Sydney win just so Taylor Adams misses out on a premiership two years in a row.

Fcuk that guy!

No. For someone coaching a squad considered to be flag favorites since the beginning of the year, a flag may only mean to have reached expectations.

Now, for instance, if one takes a team deemed spoon-worthy into Finals, even if losing EF, he would have achieved more as coach in the season than the Premier.

Of course, the first coach could lead his team to a totally dominating season. Still, it would be up for debate against the second. Not even then the former should be a shoe-in for the award.

I think this year Sam Mitchel would be more deserving of the award, tbh.
Yeah Mitchell would have got my vote.

With all these rumours of players wanting out to North, can you imagine the fallout if they make a GF before we do?
Not really, we have been around the mark for a while.
Even when Ken goes there’s no guarantee we won’t be in Crows no man’s land for many years.
Honestly I’d say we would more likely to struggle for years under a new coach than win a flag.

Apparently it’s not a joke 😂. That is seriously an absolute shocker.

I honestly thought it was an image of their mid 90s one.

The biggest penalty of any distance in NFL I reckon is 15 yards (15% of field)

Nope. Defensive Pass Interference is marked on the line of the foul. A team can move from midfield to the 1-yard line with one yellow flag…

take note VFL - no send offs

It would work differently in footy than in league. I’m in favour, actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Defensive Pass Interference is marked on the line of the foul. A team can move from midfield to the 1-yard line with one yellow flag…

It would work differently in footy than in league. I’m in favour, actually.
I’m well aware of DPI but this is a penalty at the point of the offence not an arbitrary distance, the same thing exists in AFL and is necessary despite the umpires often over using this power and penalising nothing incidents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back