Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I would've sacked after the game where he cried if we were looking at this year in isolation, emotional susan moments after a minor round game are a massive cooked signal.
He did it after the Sydney game last year. He's a manipulator and performs these little acts right on cue. I don't believe for one second the tears were real.

First lot of "tears" was the Sydney game after starting the year poorly. Got smacked in the showdown the week after being thrashed by Collingwood.
Second lot of "tears" was produced after we scraped over the Saints by a point after being thrashed by Brisbane at home on the 20 year anniversary of the '04 GF where he was loudly booed off the ground.
The Ginnivan semantics were after we got thrashed in a home QF.
Orchestrated for maximum effect.

I would've sacked after the game where he cried if we were looking at this year in isolation, emotional susan moments after a minor round game are a massive cooked signal.

Boohoohoohoo we beat st Kilda ohhhh da players love me and the fans are nasty flogs booing me waaaaah 😭

To all the media and supporters in the AFL, ask yourselves one thing, at your club, would you put up with a 12 year coach that turns to jelly in finals, a coach that never interacts or mentions the fans. A coach that never excepts any responsibility for the heartbreak his coaching delivers, I could go on but it's been said hundreds of times before.

If the answer is no, get behind the Port Adelaide supporters that want change.

Your club could be next, take your money turn up at games, buy merch and be quiet, while the guy coaching you gets paid $900,000 .

The AFL is ruining our game and our rights as paying members.

I think they were because he made the week all about himself.
He has become central to every single narrative that runs through the club. Partly brings it on himself, partly media-led.

It’s just not a good thing to have everything at a club be about the coach. Totally unsustainable. Can’t continue.

He has become central to every single narrative that runs through the club. Partly brings it on himself, partly media-led.

It’s just not a good thing to have everything at a club be about the coach. Totally unsustainable. Can’t continue.
It staggers me that we're continually portrayed as the bad guys here. How dare we demand success for our club? How dare we boo poor Kenny, who's been such a loyal servant of the club for more than a decade? I'm sick of it.

Remember when Ben Brown kicked 10 goals against Port in 2019 a week after North kicked one goal in an entire game? Good times!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It staggers me that we're continually portrayed as the bad guys here. How dare we demand success for our club? How dare we boo poor Kenny, who's been such a loyal servant of the club for more than a decade? I'm sick of it.
150+ years of history has been building to the pinnacle of keeping the Hinkley Hillbillies employed for life.

Nothing else matters.

150+ years of history has been building to the pinnacle of keeping the Hinkley Hillbillies employed for life.

Nothing else matters.
That 2025 Giants membership is looking likely.

To all the media and supporters in the AFL, ask yourselves one thing, at your club, would you put up with a 12 year coach that turns to jelly in finals, a coach that never interacts or mentions the fans. A coach that never excepts any responsibility for the heartbreak his coaching delivers, I could go on but it's been said hundreds of times before.

If the answer is no, get behind the Port Adelaide supporters that want change.

Your club could be next, take your money turn up at games, buy merch and be quiet, while the guy coaching you gets paid $900,000 .

The AFL is ruining our game and our rights as paying members.
Also, Ken acts bigger than the club itself. It’s always about what’s best for him or what’s right for him, like when it’s right for him to step away—not what’s best for the club to move forward. The players just don’t play for Ken, and it’s their fault. Poor Kenny, he has it so hard because of those ungrateful Port supporters.

It’s so easy to not like him and people wonder why we speak about him the way we do.

Was speaking to an ex player yesterday who played only a few games under Choco.

But he summed it up pretty well, asked him about the last two finals campaigns and he just said "they're pretenders".

Then wen't on to talk about how close Ken came to being sacked a couple times this year, & basically how untenable the situation was.

But at this point I'm fully expecting us to roll on into next year with Ken, no succession plan formalised, no real changes, after the first couple successive losses the boos will start, media attention and heat will skyrocket and get bad enough they will then be forced to announce the succession, and the whole year will be a write off.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No chance. He's not here next year

Carrying on like we'd won the flag at the Cattery was another embarrassing lowlight.
What annoyed me even more that night was how well we played in the first quarter. Those 30 minutes of football proved categorically that the players have the talent, and that they're good enough to compete with the big boys. We just can't sustain it under this coach, which is why he needs to leave. I'm confident that we'll see that type of football more often under Carr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back