Game Day 2024 Grand Final - Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions

Who wins?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He gets alot of flack, but I like seeing the older, long serving guys like Zorko celebrating their 1st GF win.

Even better when they are one club players
Ryan Lester. Debuted in 2011, survived the Justin Leppitsch era that I generally associated him with.

Did we ever find out what BT’s announcement was
I watched the ch7 coverage until the end. There was no grand announcement from BT. The last 45 minutes or so in the Brisbane rooms was Bruce, Selwood and Dale Thomas doing interviews. No sign of Roaming Brian. Thank f***

I watched the ch7 coverage until the end. There was no grand announcement from BT. The last 45 minutes or so in the Brisbane rooms was Bruce, Selwood and Dale Thomas doing interviews. No sign of Roaming Brian. Thank f***
So flipping weird that 7 made a point to announce that there will be an announcement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good would it be to be Darcy Fort right now?

He must be living life.

I'm one of the few that like BT, due to the memes, but he's really going douth with his calling.

Making more errors than ever and it's getting less funny.

Time to retire and let Matty Hill or Alister Nicholson take more games.
One of my big grievances with BT is his inability to let stuff go.

Like the Zorko 50m penalty. Fair enough, you thought it was a tough 50 but move on. No need to be bringing it up 2 quarters later when a player is slow behind the mark.

Or any goal that he believes is out of bounds, he'll go on about it for the rest of the call and reference any future decision back to that.

Oh give it a rest.

Are you going to be carrying on like this in the event that Jake Waterman wins a premiership?

It's a wonderful element of our game, and clubs are required to give up draft collateral these days.

Waterman is a different situation because he wasn’t a particularly highly regarded draft prospect.

But aside from that, I’ll generally always side with fairness over sentimentality. It’s a system that’s inherently disproportionately beneficial to successful long-standing AFL clubs, and trading a handful of bunch of mid to low round draft choices is in no way fair compensation for getting the consensus best player in a draft year. I don’t mind a father-son system but make the clubs pay fair compensation, enough of this BS stockpiling picks in the 30s and 40s and ending up with talents like the Ashcroft brothers or Nick Daicos.

Just goes to show with a large amount of very high draft picks, superstars from discounted academy and father son selections and strong AFL support on a neutral ground Grand Final, any team can win it.
You forgot priority picks to get them going again

Am I right in saying Lachie Neale is the first Fremantle player to have gone on to win a flag?

Have to say that Freo letting him go was pretty disastrous. Yeah they got good draft compensation, but look at what he’s done in Brissy - club captain, two Brownlows, four-time All Australian, premiership player and nearly a Norm Smith medallist. I know Brissy offered him more than Freo could afford but in hindsight it’s a pretty big stuff-up to not be able to fit a player of his calibre under the cap.

One of my big grievances with BT is his inability to let stuff go.

Like the Zorko 50m penalty. Fair enough, you thought it was a tough 50 but move on. No need to be bringing it up 2 quarters later when a player is slow behind the mark.

Or any goal that he believes is out of bounds, he'll go on about it for the rest of the call and reference any future decision back to that.

He wouldn’t stop talking about players overcompensating for the wind because 2 or 3 set shots were left out to the right. I dunno dude, maybe they were just bad kicks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - Sydney Swans v Brisbane Lions

Back