No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Can understand Brisbane, Sydney, GWS, and possibly Hawthorn. But Carlton and especially Collingwood ahead seems a bit silly.
First 3 yes. Plastics are losing a few, though they have a pretty strong list still.

Don't agree on the rest, far too much Hawthorn hype and they're already awarding themselves the 2025 premiership so if they flop it will be delicious.

Geelong... for a bunch of supporters who claim they're going to drop and are so against handing over their future first to us, they seem antagonised by being rated where they are by the bookies for next year. They think they're set for top 4 again, which wouldn't surprise me. But at the same time it's funny because of how adamant in the main board thread how much they will drop (well outside the 8 apparently because of retirements and "hard draw". Most of those they thought would retire have signed on and they never have a hard draw)

Last edited:
BT couldn't spell subtlety let alone exercise any.

When Daniher kicked his late goal BT gushed over how many teammates got around him and said stuff like "I've never seen that before!!" On cue, his co-commentator (Brayshaw?) said "what do you think that's all about?" BT said "I wouldn't know ... but he looks like a man who is saying 'I've done it all' ". Or words to that effect. And then there were some more stumbling remarks and interjections before they got back to calling the game.

Amateurishly directed and clumsily acted.

Remember the days of classy, intelligent, understated commentators? Not sure we ever had them in footy - certainly not since the commercial networks got hold of that cash cow - but soccer used to have a few.

You mean don't enjoy such insights as:

• "(Team A) will be looking to score the first goal."
  • (Team A) is 12 goals down but kicks two goals in a row: "You can sense that (Team A) is starting to lift."
  • (Player from Team A lining up for goal): "He really needs to kick this."
*. "(Team A) will be looking to restrict (Team B's) scoring."

Don't know how much more analysis you require. You must have incredibly lofty standards ;)

• (Team A) is 12 goals down but kicks two goals in a row: "You can sense that (Team A) is starting to lift."

Don't know how much more analysis you require. You must have incredibly lofty standards ;)
He is simply complying with the Australian Commentary Standard where it's recommended that the audience comprehension capacity, or the acc, should not exceed that of the average Collingwood supporter.

Yes BT is a genius, Swans 41 pts down at one stage & having a shot and he said “you’ve just got to kick this” 😂😂

Finally after 8 years of hearing the Sydney bullsh&t about AFL conspiracies over umpiring, we won’t hear another sook again about 2016. The fact is they don’t turn up the heat on Grand Final day. They did for a while against us, but we were eventually just too good, and how sweet that was?
They will still sook about 2016 it lives rent free in their heads they will never let it go

They will still sook about 2016 it lives rent free in their heads they will never let it go
I wonder if they're starting to live rent-free in our heads.

They might not want to let it go but perhaps it's time that we did. It's demeaning after 8 years to still have to engage on the subject.

We won comfortably. We have the flag. The rest can suit themselves, as the saying goes.

They might not want to let it go but perhaps it's time that we did. It's demeaning after 8 years to still have to engage on the subject.

We won comfortably. We have the flag. The rest can suit themselves, as the saying goes.
You’re correct. But occasionally it comes up, it even came up with Dan Hannerbury this season. I really do think it’s very poor sportsmanship. How dare we lose to them type of rubbish. We took a long time to finally crack one and the lack of grace they’ve shown since is the main reason I barracked for the Lions yesterday.
I think as a supporter group we were very mature with win in 2016 and mature with the loss in 2021. Can’t say the same thing about Sydney.

Finally after 8 years of hearing the Sydney bullsh&t about AFL conspiracies over umpiring, we won’t hear another sook again about 2016. The fact is they don’t turn up the heat on Grand Final day. They did for a while against us, but we were eventually just too good, and how sweet that was?

They're sooking about 2016 even in their current autopsy thread.

They don’t live rent free in my head but I definitely enjoyed watching them getting destroyed in the GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re correct. But occasionally it comes up, it even came up with Dan Hannerbury this season. I really do think it’s very poor sportsmanship. How dare we lose to them type of rubbish. We took a long time to finally crack one and the lack of grace they’ve shown since is the main reason I barracked for the Lions yesterday.
I think as a supporter group we were very mature with win in 2016 and mature with the loss in 2021. Can’t say the same thing about Sydney.
I have mate that supports Sydney and he was over the moon for us doggie supporters.

Perhaps the real story of 2016 is that the umpires kept Sydney close and prevented a 2022 and 2024 like blowout.
I'll have to watch the game another 1954 or 2016 times to check.

I have mate that supports Sydney and he was over the moon for us doggie supporters.
It's funny but whenever we get a new staff member at work and the inevitable question of who everyone barracks for comes up and I mention that I am a Doggies supporter, everyone says that they loved 2016 when we won (and nobody ever mentions the umpires). Many say it was their favourite ever Grand Final excluding their own premierships.

It's funny but whenever we get a new staff member at work and the inevitable question of who everyone barracks for comes up and I mention that I am a Doggies supporter, everyone says that they loved 2016 when we won (and nobody ever mentions the umpires). Many say it was their favourite ever Grand Final excluding their own premierships.
Is it just a bigfooty thing, maybe?

Social media Swans fans in general are fully convinced that the entire AFL community is on their side.

It’s not just Swans supporters that go with the narrative, it’s much more widely spread on social media. Many just accept that the umpires gave us a leg up. The more times they repeat it the truer it gets for them.

Has anyone mentioned that Josh Dunkley’s dad, old Andrew, is still bitter with the Sydney Swans and now his son has won 2 flags against them.

Sydney should have played Taylor Adam’s. You can’t underestimate hunger, desire and determination.
This is why we needed to play West and Garcia in the final this year instead of two others.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back