List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727568210766.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Last edited by a moderator:
I said it before 6 & 20 will be the best we get for Rioli and 9 & 17 for Bolton.

But we have more chance of getting 9&10 for Bolton than 6&13 for Rioli, market & time will tell.
And both players being contracted and both clubs desperate for these player
we just sit back make them sweat until they come back to the table tail between legs

We really are in pole position with all clubs making appointments in our Callender
Get overs for all trades !!!

The Campos are meh. Neither are top 30.

Essendon the only other one that will need to add points and we could get 28.

Ben Camporeale meh you reckon???

chrome_screenshot_29 Sept 2024 3_45_17 pm AEST.png

I'd say BOG in last year's futures game against the best of the best winning ahead of all the usual suspects in FOS, smillie, Lombard, Reid, Moraes, Ashcroft etc says otherwise..... what's that you could say it was a fluke... a one off?

How about:
"Four players have won the 2024 McCallum Tomkins Medal as the fairest and most brilliant performers in the SANFL U18 competition.

In an historic first, Glenelg’s Ben Camporeale, South Adelaide’s Phoenix Hargrave, Sturt’s Oscar Merrett and North Adelaide’s Blake Oudshoorn-Bennier each polled 18 votes at the end of the minor round.

With two rounds to play, Camporeale, Hargrave and Merrett were all locked on 18 votes but were joined by Oudshoorn-Bennier, who polled three votes in Round 17 and one in Round 19, to make it a four-way tie.

Tiger Camporeale, who was SA’s U18 MVP at the AFL National Championships, appeared in just six matches where he averaged 32 disposals per game.

Hargrave, who was runner-up for the McCallum Tomkins Medal in 2023, averaged 25 disposals in his nine appearances for the Panthers while Merrett racked up an average of 19 disposals in his 17 matches.

Roosters midfielder Oudshoorn-Bennier averaged 26 disposals across his 17 matches as he joined Rooster Angus Tully, who won last year’s McCallum Tomkins Medal.

North’s Sam Cumming and Eagle Zac Schwarz were next with 17 votes each."
No sign of Sid Sraper I notice?

"South Australian midfielder Ben Camporeale has had his consistent 2024 AFL U18 National Championship campaign rewarded after receiving the John Halbert Medal.

Strongly-built Glenelg tyro Camporeale earned the SA U18 MVP award, after his solid showing across all four of the Croweaters’ matches.

This came on top of his selection in the U18 AFL All-Australian team"

Ben Camporeale meh you reckon???

View attachment 2125800

I'd say BOG in last year's futures game against the best of the best winning ahead of all the usual suspects in FOS, smillie, Lombard, Reid, Moraes, Ashcroft etc says otherwise..... what's that you could say it was a fluke... a one off?

How about:
"Four players have won the 2024 McCallum Tomkins Medal as the fairest and most brilliant performers in the SANFL U18 competition.

In an historic first, Glenelg’s Ben Camporeale, South Adelaide’s Phoenix Hargrave, Sturt’s Oscar Merrett and North Adelaide’s Blake Oudshoorn-Bennier each polled 18 votes at the end of the minor round.

With two rounds to play, Camporeale, Hargrave and Merrett were all locked on 18 votes but were joined by Oudshoorn-Bennier, who polled three votes in Round 17 and one in Round 19, to make it a four-way tie.

Tiger Camporeale, who was SA’s U18 MVP at the AFL National Championships, appeared in just six matches where he averaged 32 disposals per game.

Hargrave, who was runner-up for the McCallum Tomkins Medal in 2023, averaged 25 disposals in his nine appearances for the Panthers while Merrett racked up an average of 19 disposals in his 17 matches.

Roosters midfielder Oudshoorn-Bennier averaged 26 disposals across his 17 matches as he joined Rooster Angus Tully, who won last year’s McCallum Tomkins Medal.

North’s Sam Cumming and Eagle Zac Schwarz were next with 17 votes each."
No sign of Sid Sraper I notice?

"South Australian midfielder Ben Camporeale has had his consistent 2024 AFL U18 National Championship campaign rewarded after receiving the John Halbert Medal.

Strongly-built Glenelg tyro Camporeale earned the SA U18 MVP award, after his solid showing across all four of the Croweaters’ matches.

This came on top of his selection in the U18 AFL All-Australian team"

Yes skills are ordinary. Be a gun at SANFL/VFL, less convinced at AFL. Think Lucas more likely to stick as an outside running role player.

Last half-hour of trade decade, Blair Weaver Jr's phone rings.

"Ok, Blair. You win. 9 and 10 for Shai."
"I'm sorry. That deal is no longer on the table."
"But you said last week-"
"We live in a different world to last week, David."
"(Sigh) What do you want?"
"I wanted pick 3, but you couldn't deliver. So I want 9, 10 and 16. For Shai and 21. Upgrade my pick. Make me feel better for letting me down."
"I'll call you back."
"Clock's ticking."

ring-ring

"David."
"Fine. 9, 10 and 16 for Shai and 21."
"But five minutes ago - "
"We live in a different world to five minutes ago, David."
"(Sigh) What?"
"9, 10, 16 and 26 for Shai, 21 and 29. And... (clicks fingers at Toce. Toce: "Simpson") And Simpson."
"I like Simpson."
"You don't know who Simpson is. Gimme Simpson and I'll throw in pick 39."
"You're screwing me, Blair."
"Come on, David. Do this deal and you get Shai Bolton and you get to save football in Fremantle. Say it with me, you purple pancake-eating mother****er."
"(Sigh) Fine."
"Great. (Click). Phone it in."

"I wanted pick 3, but you couldn't deliver. So I want 9, 10 and 16. For Shai and 21. Upgrade my pick. Make me feel better for letting me down."
"I'll call you back."
"Clock's ticking."

ring-ring

"David."
"(Sigh) What?"
"9, 10, 16 and 26 for Shai, 21 and 29. And... (clicks fingers at Toce. Toce: "Simpson") And Simpson."
"I like Simpson."
"Come on, David. Do this deal and you get Shai Bolton and you get to save football in Fremantle. Say it with me, you purple pancake-eating mother****er."
"(Sigh) Fine."

Greatest post I’ve read…

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

"I'll call you back."
"Clock's ticking."

ring-ring

"David."
"(Sigh) What?"
"I like Simpson."
"(Sigh) Fine."
And we want them to stack our coke vending machine for 2 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane cannot get Ashcroft and Marshall if we select Ashcroft at #1 and any club select Marshall before pick 25.

The maximum a club can go into deficit is 985 points. (The value of future pick 18) and they are about 1800 points short for both kids. We can make them pay up with their F1 as well as pick 18 or they likely miss Marshall. Other alternative is they trade out a player.

100% spot on! The thing is that it's completely realistic to say that Ashcroft is legitimately the number 1 prospect. The club needs to be ruthless in either scenario of: trading picks with them in a strong draft. Or making them pay top dollar for Ashcroft. It's not an Irving Mosquito scenario where they won't match and it blows up in our face and we end up with a Dud. All 17 clubs are our enemies and competition. The Bears just won a flag and with their history of getting injured players like Daniher, Ah Chee and McCarthy back on the park are now the no. 1 destination club in the comp.

Any chance to weaken them should be taken. After we bleed GC, WCE and Freo of their picks/ points we're basically the only game in town to deal with. In the "strongest draft in 20 years" we need to be ruthless in all our dealings. There's no reason we can't win out in every trade with Rioli, Baker, Bolton even Graham and especially with our pick swaps. Teams are desperate to get in on this draft, so we should only deal with desperate clubs willing to pay the inflated premiums. No more of these unbeneficial swaps where Max Holmes pick becomes the Tom Browne pick being practically identical but losing a year. A pick swap should only be done where the potential hugely favours us. Leon Cameron is Sam Darcy's godfather and even he bid on him to make Bulldogs pay the price.

We need to be ruthless these next few drafts before Tassie joins because it's gonna be an added 10 years of misery if we balls up the rebuild like a North Melbourne. We've got 3 years of pain but get it right and we should bounce back. Here's hoping Toce is at least competent

"I'll call you back."
"Clock's ticking."

ring-ring

"David."
"(Sigh) What?"
"I like Simpson."
"(Sigh) Fine."

686e8ffb-aa9b-4f98-a5db-6d749db19e2a_text.gif

A bit far fetched. But a great movie.

"I'll call you back."
"Clock's ticking."

ring-ring

"David."
"(Sigh) What?"
"I like Simpson."
"(Sigh) Fine."
You forgot to add Knobel

quick call him back

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back