Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but We have also offloaded multiple starting best 22 players, and frankly there is sweet **** all to replace them. Our playing list is in all sorts…

I reckon we are going to take a huge backwards step next year unless some major breakouts occur across the list. Wether that backwards step is the right thing to do to develop the kids is the question.

We are entering 3rd year of Scott’s 4 year deal. He and barnham would starting to get very nervous for next season I think. If it’s a shit show, they are dead man walking.

I am not confident we are doing the right thing, but I’m always happy to be proven wrong….
Who other than Stringer did we offload?

Caleb Daniel for 25 is mind boggling.

Riolo for 6 and whatever makes you think that any semi component club can build quickly because the rest have no idea.

As for us, on face value, looks like we've done nothing but go backwards. If this is supposed to be a decent draft we needed to nail an extra pick alongside Kako.

There is no point going backwards and still having guys like Setter field and Sheil on the list.

And why is Weideman still on the list.

Weid’s still on the list because he’s one of the better key defenders in the VFL

5th key defender on the list, has no trade value and Can’t replace what he does that easily. Helps structure and shouldn’t play AFL.

As for Sheil and Setters. Had no trade value. Better then almost everyone in the VFL good depth/selection pressure

Who other than Stringer did we offload?

Jake Kelly - 20 games in 2024
Jake Stringer - 23 games in 2024
Dyson Heppell - 18 games in 2024
Nick Hind - 15 games in 2024

who is ready in waiting we know can come in and fill those spots? No one but the kids.

Jake Kelly - 20 games in 2024
Jake Stringer - 23 games in 2024
Dyson Heppell - 18 games in 2024
Nick Hind - 15 games in 2024

who is ready in waiting we know can come in and fill those spots? No one but the kids.
3 of those 4 95% of the sypporter base spent the entire year screaming they shouldn't be getting games.

Now they're important best 22 losses?

Please.

Edit: And a quick search shows you calling giving Heppell another year a turd decision last year and that you didn't disagree with delisting Hind because he wasn't what we needed moving forward.

Hawks overpaid for Barass.

Bloke is 30 next year.

He is good but similar to Jack Darling and Kennedy he has always been Robin to McGovern's Batman.
Yeah, Sammy M had that unique ability to push really hard - which can go either way. Hollowing out the 2-3 year window by bringing in older players or winning it all.

I’ll be death riding Hawthorn (as much as Melbourne) … not because we have their future picks but just because I hate them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back