Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel an enormous amount of "closure" about this game.
To finally see Collingwood win a close grand final, has had a huge emotional effect.
It's like things have finally been made right and I can just enjoy the game for the rest of my life, with 3 or possibly more, beautiful premiership posters on the wall looking down at me.
Does anyone else sense this, or am I just going crazy.
No, you're not crazy.

In the last two minutes of the game, I actually re-lived 2018 in my head thinking we're back in the same spot again.

As soon as the siren sounded that we'd won the Premiership, all that pain from losing the 2018 GF disappeared in a second. Things were right again as you said...

No, you're not crazy.

In the last two minutes of the game, I actually re-lived 2018 in my head thinking we're back in the same spot again.

As soon as the siren sounded that we'd won the Premiership, all that pain from losing the 2018 GF disappeared in a second. Things were right again as you said...
Some of that pain was only diluted, still hurting but a little less.

Watching the full replay again and seriously, anyone who thinks we got the rub of the green should be sterilised and banned from breeding

Absolute rocks in your head lol

Last edited:

This has taken away so much of the past Grand Final pain. 90 was a sense of relief, 2020, unbelievable but this was a better feeling than them all.
SIDE by SIDE and BACK to BACK

Yeah, this is what I'm getting at. This feels even better than 1990 and 2010, even though they were fantastic.
It's a real emotional thing.

Yeah, this is what I'm getting at. This feels even better than 1990 and 2010, even though they were fantastic.
It's a real emotional thing.

2010 gets the nod for me

Pumped the Dogs
Pumped the Cats
Historic draw
Pumped Saints in the replay

They also treated us far better on family day too

i looked back at the 3 premierships in the last 30 odd years and my life improved after each one. I think they had a positive impact on my state of mind...spuring on decisions about career change and personal issues...

I expect we'll see a general improvement in productivity around australia and a lowering of interest rates so its good news for the country

Hey, you know what? It’s quarter time and the Pies have just kicked an inspirational goal to go up by 10, Charlie Cameron’s doing ******* nothing… why don’t we run a ******* stupid “You Be The DJ” poll where two of the options are absolute dribble to split the vote, and the third is the de facto Brisbane theme song? That’d be a great idea for a Grand Final, don’t you think?

giphy.gif
This! The frozen song is Daniher’s after goal song and I assume whatever the hell the third one was is another players. The footy was practically being bounced to start the second term and they still had this shit blasting away.

Apparently the third term song was for Collingwood, but none had any obvious connection.

Was a fair Brisbane flavour with the ground entertainment stuff including the coin tosser being a lions fan.

No, you're not crazy.

2018 came to mind a few times throughout the day. Hipwood’s soft free for their first shot on goal was in the same pocket and a similar spot to Sheed, thankfully Hipwood sprayed it.

Pendlebury was blocked in the ball up that lead to Cameron’s last goal. It wasn’t really captured on the broadcast, but at the game I was thinking not again.

Haven’t ever watched a replay of 2018, but the game flow seemed similar except it was us peppering away for points instead of the opposition.

This! The frozen song is Daniher’s after goal song and I assume whatever the hell the third one was is another players. The footy was practically being bounced to start the second term and they still had this s**t blasting away.

Apparently the third term song was for Collingwood, but none had any obvious connection.

Was a fair Brisbane flavour with the ground entertainment stuff including the coin tosser being a lions fan.

Absolutely.

Also, “not 15m!”. Off an intercept!

245a75fe7dee8b832fbfef468aea0654.jpg

I was a little bummed that we couldn't get our photo taken with the cup like in 2010. Wanted to get one to give the 2010 one a buddy. Any particular recommendations for places that do absolutely stellar Collingwood tattoos? Keen to finally get one trying to think of what I want done as well.

So proud to be a pie. So many special moments. Or “minutes” as fly might say.
Just really felt a positive refreshing vibe and energy from the players throughout the day. Vastly different from GF years gone by watching them put their battle faces on, including the old school macho coaches of yesteryear.
Fly has really changed our club in a big way in such a short time. Credit also goes out to Jeff Browne, Wrighty and Ned.
Love Darcy’s words after the game paying respect to past players who may not have been able to lift the cup over many attempts.
I could say more, but that’s all for now. Enjoy it folks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions only lost by 4 points and it was a see saw battle... you're not going to get 5 Magpies in the top 5 Norm Smith candidates..
Not asking for that, just questioning Coleman as second best on the ground. For mine, the best players need to perform when the game is on the line, he didn't.

I guess you could say the same about Hill, but it's a bit different for forwards and his first half impact was stronger. He also had 7 2nd half disposals to Coleman's 5.

Only two of the five judges had Coleman as second best, I believe they got it wrong. The game may have been close, but we had the far better individual and team performance. Two of the five judges gave no votes to Brisbane.

This premiership leaves the other two in the shade in my opinion. There is a passion and connection we have never experienced before and I have genuinely felt I was a part of the entire campaign.

The fact that is was a heartstopper and we were finally ahead when the siren sounded adds further layers to this incredible experience.

Congrats, bloody tight game but you were just a little bit better for most of the day and deserved winners.

The way you managed to push back and score every time we started to build a bit of momentum was a sign of real maturity and I felt like you controlled the game almost all day even if it was only by a small margin.

As much as we all love to hate Collingwood your current team is pretty hard to dislike. Blokes like Pendles, Sidebottom, Daicos and Moore are all class.

I love it when salt comes for Collingwood, means we are hated and feared and back in our rightful spot, the top of the football world. Work today is gonna be so good full of salty Brisbane lions and broncos fans.
You'll love it even more when we go back to back

The way you managed to push back and score every time we started to build a bit of momentum was a sign of real maturity and I felt like you controlled the game almost all day even if it was only by a small margin.
Your post is one of maturity too, thank you.
If only the emotionally challenged, (overcome with hatred of us) supporters of other teams could see that.

Absolutely.

Also, “not 15m!”. Off an intercept!

245a75fe7dee8b832fbfef468aea0654.jpg
The umps had a mixed view of what constituted 15m that quarter. One lion (McCarthy?) ran well further than that without bouncing to kick a running goal.

I queued up for ages yesterday but couldn't get near the merchandise - had to abort because the players were coming out.

Anyone know if the club shop is open today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back