Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree! I want another public holiday. We need a mad Monday!

I tentatively booked this week off 2 months ago and told work that if we win the flag I'm taking it off.

Big issue I think, we're a lot more popular now. It was just way too crowded.

2010 was definitely better - I agree. Was a big stage, they spent more time out there from memory.
And I was easily able to buy some memorabilia. Don't remember massive queues for stuff.

It's only gonna get worse now. Their popularity exploded after 2010. Imagine how many members we'll have next year. And so many people jump on board don't even have memberships.

AFL membership Gold wait will blow out more too.

Yeah I get that. Just ultimately calling it as I see it.

Agree on AFL Membership. So glad I Was smart enough to sign both my children up when they were born.

Daughter turns 12 next month so she'll be a Gold member in the next 2 seasons I reckon

Just as i predicted in my last years post WE ARE THE FLAGPIES ! ,FOR REAL NOW !
Yippeee.
You see guys but geez its tough to win them so sweet even by 4 points makes it sweeter, SWEET SIXTEENTH PREMIERSHIP..

With fly and this coaching staff can we get another flag with this current crop of players ?
Pendles, Sidey Howe and A FEW OTHERS OVER 30 now are we still in the frame to go back to back.

Bobby Hill what a STAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all the people who thought COX was too green to become a premier ruckman look at him now not bad for an Amercian who knew nothing about the game he learnt the nuances of the game and now he is a flag pie etched into our history well done Coxy !

Felt very sorry for Taylor Adams and Noble who deserve the medalllions too, but Ginnivan guys not so sure only played average.

Frampton did his job but rather a journey man who was in the right place at right time.

What about Mcstay...............The forward we drafted for the big game was not there isn't it ironical that we won against his old club ?

I think next year Taylor Adams noble and Mcstay their hunger will push this team to get further success.

Our recruiting was spot on 2023 THE YEAR OF THE MAGPIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone other than Rusty think that he was a chance to kick that goal?
Nope, it was one hell of a roost.

On Offsiders yesterday they had Luke Ball on and he said he was sitting in the stand with Nick Maxwell and Nathan Buckley and that the 3 of them all said no way can Sidey kick this, never kicked one from 55 out.

We all know what happened next.

That being said, I was in the mood to give it to Brissy fans/oppos who showed us no such grace in years prior.

However when sneaking into the G for the presentation I saw a younger kid crying and his dad and couldn't help but console them with a quick few words, having felt their disappointment back in 2018. There's a time and a place for everything :)

if there's one thing that i've learnt in life is that if you react differently from what people expect, then you'll make a bigger impression on them in the long term....and in this instance, they'll never forget the gracious pie fan that said nice things and made their pain even worse....

On Offsiders yesterday they had Luke Ball on and he said he was sitting in the stand with Nick Maxwell and Nathan Buckley and that the 3 of them all said no way can Sidey kick this, never kicked one from 55 out.

god did that to make up for all the wrongs that he inflicted on us over the years....

Can’t wait to hear Whateley’s intro on Sen in 10 mins time. Should be special.
And boy was it.

“Gerard’s editorial on the Collingwood Grand Final win.”

Have a listen.

Watched the replay last night and all the talk is about the advantage call at the end but almost nobody talking about what a pathetic free kick it was to Neale in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And boy was it.

“Gerard’s editorial on the Collingwood Grand Final win.”

Have a listen.

“This Collingwood premiership was every kind of wonderful”

Perfect conclusion from Wheatley.

Even when i was watching the replay i was thinking, "there's no way he can kick this". Even though i knew the outcome.

Cox looks like he's travelled back in time and is about to say "come with me if you want to live"

I still find it striking that the tint in his lenses is very obviously different left-to-right. One must be more photosensitive after his eye injuries. He’s suffered and sacrificed a lot to win this flag. I know this sounds stupid but I feel for him, and I hope it doesn’t adversely affect his life after football.

Who said you can't just flick a switch.........:cool:

giphy.gif

Collingwood!!!

The greatest club of all is now the most successful of all.

16 premierships (equal top) however more wins and better head to head than the other clubs.

What a great season. The elation when we won the flag was indescribable.

I'm so proud to be a supporter of the Magpies.

Good old Collingwood forever

Had a thesis of a post lined up about being cautious of getting carried away with back to back and dynasties.

Maybe I'll save it for later int he week
Can't wait to hear about how we should all temper our excitement

if there's one thing that i've learnt in life is that if you react differently from what people expect, then you'll make a bigger impression on them in the long term....and in this instance, they'll never forget the gracious pie fan that said nice things and made their pain even worse....
While I can agree how that's true, conversely I hope it'd stick with them for the better that they're not just hearing the echoing chant of the team that beat them and oppos sinking the boots in as is all too common after our GF losses. They were both thankful after so I'd like to think I did some good giving them what has rarely been afforded to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back