Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back at the g today for the cricket, same stand & a just a few bays over from my gf seat. Like a few others I proudly wore some of our premiership merch. Good memories.

Last edited:

As the year draws to a close, it's worth reflecting on Premiership #16 and what a magnificent year 2023 was for the whole club.

Now onto 2024 now where we attempt consecutive premierships for the first time since 1935-1936.

Wishing all Collingwood supporters here a very Happy New Year for 2024 :cool:

Worth seeing one more time before the new year concludes.

Peter Moore played in 5 grand finals losing 4 including the drawn 1977 final with a 0-4-1 record in grand finals.

This was the Moore's first flag and what a moment it was for Darcy to get the cup from his father

Peter Moore played in 5 grand finals losing 4 including the drawn 1977 final with a 0-4-1 record in grand finals.

This was the Moore's first flag and what a moment it was for Darcy to get the cup from his father
Peter Moore also "famous" for "discarding" his runner's up medal in 1981 after which the then VFL abandoned the practice of handing them out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite so - a draw, lose by 5 points, lose again to Carlton etc 👹

2024 is barely a few hours old and once again I’m already hating Carlton. Not that I expected the hate to go away, but it’s always good to start the New Year with some hate for that club. It’s like night follows day, it’s beyond predictable. It just is.

2024 is barely a few hours old and once again I’m already hating Carlton. Not that I expected the hate to go away, but it’s always good to start the New Year with some hate for that club. It’s like night follows day, it’s beyond predictable. It just is.
It’s piss funny on the main board Gaf predictions thread. Every single Carlton supporter picks them to win the GF. No cautious optimism here, they’ve got the flag won

I am officially diagnosing your hate as described as a normal, healthy state - you are to be congratulated for setting a high standard to which we should all aspire (I think we do actually)

It's good that we feel the same way about the scum.
If the planets align, it would be great for us to beat them in the 2024 GF by 1 point.
Except I'd end up with no finger nails.

It's good that we feel the same way about the scum.
If the planets align, it would be great for us to beat them in the 2024 GF by 1 point.
Except I'd end up with no finger nails.
I can't even imagine wanting that much success for Carlton.

Yuk.

All those supporters & the media banging on about Carlton all year, arrrgh.

It was bad enough when they started winning games halfway through last season.

I can't even imagine wanting that much success for Carlton.

Yuk.

All those supporters & the media banging on about Carlton all year, arrrgh.

It was bad enough when they started winning games halfway through last season.
It dates back to George Harris' quote:

"What's better than beating Collingwood by 10 goals? Beating them by five points."

That's just one of the many reasons I hate the scum.

That's why I think it would be good to beat them by 1 point.

One reason why beating them by 1 point and knocking them out of the finals last year was so sweet.

"What's better than beating Collingwood by 10 goals? Beating them by five points."

One reason why beating them by 1 point and knocking them out of the finals last year was so sweet.
Don't get me wrong. I love beating them. And I don't care by how much.

I just like seeing them get beat by everyone else as well.

Hence no success, elation or finals for Carlscum. At all. Ever.

Yep, George Harris is right up
there, in the pantheon of creepy, cheating, hideous Carlton ‘figures’. There’s a lot of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back