Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

who's the best ruckman

• D.JOLLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M.CLARKE

• A.SANDILANDS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Boys first of all he's gone and he wanted to go so would the heart have been there?

Secondly McIntoch has just turned 28 and played 8 games in 2 years and played 15 games plus in only 4 of his 8 seasons and he topped 25 hitouts only 9 times from and including 2010.

They are the numbers- check them yourself if you want. That said he is a loss as he was a sometime forward who kicked the odd goal.

So if we got 36 for him, which given he appears as if he wanted to go and it frees up cap space, then the Footy Department did a reasonable job.

Remember Brad Ottens went across to the Cats as a 25 year old and had played 15 or more games for the tiges in 5 of his 7 tiger years.

Shit deal. Very shit deal.

I wonder if there were any other suitors and if so what were they offering?

It's not that I over rate him god damn it, I actually got frustrated by him, it's that I wanted a better deal ****ing.

Oh we'll, glad I got that off my chest, sulking wont change anything. This trade needs 3 years before we truly know who the winner is.

But let's get one thing straight pick 36 is about to be shuffled several spots.

In retrospect, we held him a year too long. Lost some of his worth. But a year ago most of us were glad he wasn't traded ...

Though I hoped we could do a better deal, it's not terrible. H wanted out, he perhaps wasn't going to fit into the 22 very often going forward, and he was extremely expensive.

So, we give up a back-up ruckman, save a heap of cash, and give Bryce Lewis something to work his magic with. Not terrible.

It's not relevant to look at this deal in the context of missing out on Caddy, they are unrelated deals. We didn't get Caddy because we were outbid, trade not done. No-one bid anything more for H, trade done.

We didn't get fair value for him but I'd still prefer a 2nd rounder to having Hamish playing reserves all year.

^ This 100%

People misunderstand the value of $500,000 in our cap, and 10 spots in the middle of the draft.

It could be the difference between keeping one of our players in the next few years, or going after a "real" fish next year as we are hitting our window.

With the exit of Hamish, Hales contract and Urquhart, the downsizing of Boomers, we probably have about $1m dollars sitting in the kitty ready to unleash on someone.

Honestly, I daresay there's a "bigger picture" to all this rather than just offloading Hamish for a second rounder.

All you ****ing whingers every offseason are complaining, "Why dont we go after Clark, Goddard, Tippett, Judd etc etc etc"

We we are probably finally in a position where we can now......

calm down he is 28 and INJURY PRONE

Unless his contract with us is torn up and playing for peanuts at Geelong, the Cats must have been happy with what they saw if they offered 3 years. They aren't numpties either.

It's not so much we lose a player, it's strengthening a competitor for a similar spot in the 8 that makes this trade frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably getting a bit under at pick 36 as it will be pick 40 after the compensation picks are awarded. Maybe we are gaining by not having to pay him 500k and can frontload other contracts so we can go hard at free agency next year.

Read that we are interested in Ben Jacobs - will we trade 36 for him?

Definitely unders.

But, we move on, and all the best to you Monster. Hope you do well champ.

Hopefully we can land someone like Hrovat who slides, or Banfield, Colquhoun or Simpson.

good luck to him and the cats then! whats the best football we have played in the last 3 years? was he playing?

Its not often i agree with you Mr Cummings, but i do in this instance. Ill be very surprised if he plays more than half of next season. I reckon Geelong paid overs by signing him for 3 years. The real winner in this trade is Hamish, and i dont mind that.

The guy just turned 28 has played limited games his entire career...his not worth anymore than a second draft pick...

glad to see the end of him! His boody has let him down and in turn he has let us down.

Im happy for Hamish but pick 36 in unders.
I hope we see the second part of this eventuate.

Can say Im a little sad H is leaving. In my eyes he will always be a North person no matter where he finishes his career. Very selfless person and a bloke who is true North Melbourne.
Most of the boys will be disapointed to see him leave but happy that he gets an opportunity at the Cats.
All i can say is to Goldstein the pressure is on big fella. Have to lift in 2013. Lets face it. We have all stuck by Todd. He is the reason H is a cat. Hope he takes his game to a new level and becomes a premier ruckmen of the comp.

Thanks again H. Champion bloke. champion person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hamish McIntosh - drafted at pick 9 in '02 ND - traded to Geelong for #36 in '12 trade period

Back