Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

So your telling me we don't have an athlete here?
228334_7b76fed81475c8470b498bc5e7f090df.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon’s number six draft pick Aaron Francis is expected to make his return in the VFL on the weekend.

Francis injured his calf just days out from the VFL season-opener, but after a five-week layoff the Bombers will finally get to unveil their first round recruit.

“He’ll do all of the training this week and then line-up on Sunday,” High Performance Manager Justin Crow said.

“His recovery has progressed really well, we’ve built up his training and he’s right to go.”

giphy.gif

I'm excited to see him healthy and get some form built up in the vfl and then hopefully unleash him later (maybe sooner but I don't want to get too far ahead) in the season.

Essendon would work hard on Deans diet and fitness when he was in Melbourne.
And every time he would go home he would get on the turtle meat. Apparently an extremely rich source of carbs, protein. He loved the stuff.

Deans problem was not Turtle meat, it was a knee issue that wan not fixed properly early on in his career. Played the last 6 years with bone on bone and unable to train 100% plus the fact he would have to have his knee drained 3 or 4 times a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back