Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

the simpsons GIF

Actual change room footage.

What has he contributed this season besides more material needed for his jumper? Doesn't seem to have locked down any sort of role. And we're locked in for how many years?? Across HB and move Bowey forward maybe. Drop Chandler or Spargo. I don't know. Goody has to throw the magnets around a little to try and get the best out of him.

Got a lot of passengers this year and Gus is one of them. Funny thing is that we're top 4 and have only played two games that's been close to our best.

What has he contributed this season besides more material needed for his jumper? Doesn't seem to have locked down any sort of role. And we're locked in for how many years?? Across HB and move Bowey forward maybe. Drop Chandler or Spargo. I don't know. Goody has to throw the magnets around a little to try and get the best out of him.

Got a lot of passengers this year and Gus is one of them. Funny thing is that we're top 4 and have only played two games that's been close to our best.

Spitballing...

Gus back to a defensive wing role.
Hunter to Spargo's role.
Bowey back in.

Keeps the defensive mindset that got us a flag, chance to get Gus back being useful, helps our forward 50 delivery, potentially gets Lingers more involved, and we lose nothing from half back...

?

Spitballing...

Gus back to a defensive wing role.
Hunter to Spargo's role.
Bowey back in.

Keeps the defensive mindset that got us a flag, chance to get Gus back being useful, helps our forward 50 delivery, potentially gets Lingers more involved, and we lose nothing from half back...

?
In theory it's ok, but if he can't even impact starting at the HBF how's he gonna still impact on a wing? He was actually good at HBF for a little while being average at a wing. If he's crap now imaging how bad he will be back on a wing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In theory it's ok, but if he can't even impact starting at the HBF how's he gonna still impact on a wing? He was actually good at HBF for a little while being average at a wing. If he's crap now imaging how bad he will be back on a wing?

Yeah I hear ya, it would potentially make his lack of fitness more of an issue, and tbh it's never going to happen knowing Goody anyway.

Just reckon it solves a few problems as a collective thing, and also means he might have less possessions which means less chance for turnovers...

Disposal is still infuriating but his form is improving. Concern is what happens when Oliver comes back in.
Was very annoyed when he missed that goal in the last quarter.

"He's a terrific ball user"

Yze. Stop it.

I know they are called highlights for a reason but after seeing that little package hes was better than I realised, there is some good stuff in there, particularly that clean pick up at pace under pressure and handball to Sparrow.

I know they are called highlights for a reason but after seeing that little package hes was better than I realised, there is some good stuff in there, particularly that clean pick up at pace under pressure and handball to Sparrow.
Thought he was better last week but still very solid this week. Fingers crossed he can maintain this form when Oliver comes back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back