1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

The plan is to get rid of the onslaught of overnight replays of programs from the daytime.

Your asking alot for the poor bloke doing a 7 hour shift. Six is max

The replays could be better if they could do it market specific and you get content you didn't hear during the day. For example Vic could get replays of segments from SENWA, SENQld ect.

Looking over the preliminary schedule I'm working on and wondered which presenters you would like to hear on SEN going forward ??

1. Give me some names and a short precise why you think they would be an ideal choice.

I enjoy Julian De Stoop whenever he fills in
Mathew Cox was very good when he did that silly 5am slot, get him back
Jack Heverin was another of the young guys who was focussed & not starry-eyed
Tom Morris, even though he did blot his copybook, is a good performer who could lead a program
Sarah Olle is now a seasoned journo and could inject a woman's perspective on sport
A lot of people talk highly of Daniel Harford who was lured over to RSN, could he be lured back ??
Mark Fine doing one show per week is nonsense, give him 5-nights a week with some strong riding instructions
I sometimes listen to Clinton Maynard overnight on 2GB and he is very good

2. Conversely, give me the ones you would show the door to as well.

Garry Lyon & Tim Watson occasionally have a good interview but they tend to waffle on way too much (split them up ??)
Andrew Gaze doesn't interest me at all
Dwayne Russell means well but seems too complacent in his current role (might need a change of slot & purpose).
Kane Cornes should be a part of SEN Adelaide permanently
David King & Nathan Buckley are like "Eddie Everywhere", they just keep bobbing up and saying the same things they did on the TV the night before
Finey's partner in crime (Stephen J Peake) is trading on old glorys

Last edited:
The only one I don't like is WAITLEEEEEEEE, and I can take or leave Dwayne. Like everyone, he's better with on-air company

I was going to put Gerard on the "NO" list but wanted to articulate why.

He is a terrific journo but seems to have become too matey with everyone now and therefore, won't always ask the really hard questions. Added to that, being on AFL360 & calling sport means he being pulled in all directions.

I'd like to see his role & show change but its unlikely that he would agree to it.

Up early this morning an the American hour , turn it up
Consulting todays schedule:

12am-2am best of off the bench
2-3am - house of aths
3-5.30am - LIV golf
5.30-6.30 - drivers seat
7-8 - house of aths
8-9 All American hour
9-10.50 - This is your journey
10.50-11.50 - betfair edge
11.50 - 7pm AFL

7-8 - this is your journey
8-9.50 - AFL nation - the weekend that was (replays of games)
9.50-11.50 - this is your journey
11.50 - onwards - AFL nation - the weekend that was (replays of games)

What would you have Sundays programming to look like?

Do you watch the bounce on foxfooty?

Last edited:
Consulting todays schedule:

12am-2am best of off the bench
2-3am - house of aths
3-5.30am - LIV golf
5.30-6.30 - drivers seat
7-8 - house of aths
8-9 All American hour
9-10.50 - This is your journey
10.50-11.50 - betfair edge
11.50 - 7pm AFL

7-8 - this is your journey
8-9.50 - AFL nation - the weekend that was (replays of games)
9.50-11.50 - this is your journey
11.50 - onwards - AFL nation - the weekend that was (replays of games)

What would you have Sundays programming to look like?

Do you watch the bounce on foxfooty?

"Bounce" is like the old NRL Footy Show where they did stupid things in the name of getting a laugh, I'm sure there are plenty of people who find it entertaining but it's not something that appeals to.

SEN's insistence on having f***ing "best of" shows & replays, that's all you get in the overnight slot. In this current era whereby listeners should be able to hear these programs in full via an "on-demand" service on the station website, I don't think you could get any lazier with that sort of programming.

There are three key elements in radio that every station & progam should strive to deliver, at present, I find SEN may get two of them but they always seems to miss out on one and its not always the same facet, however, it's never ever the complete package.

Even listening to "Off The Bench" which does give me the occasional laugh, both Hutchy & Pickering talk way way way too fast to decipher what they are on about. They also talk over the top of each other (which is a serious no-no in radio land) plus they always refer to other unknown people by nickname or pet name. Sure, it's all piss & all giggles for them as they know who these people are but for the mug listener like me, it feels like I am eaves-dropping on a private conversation.

A couple of their regular segments are very clever & funny but they also have a phone convo with that elderly lady from Sunbury every week thus making her a permanant guest on the show. Yes, she does come across as an extremely lovely person but I don't want to hear her every week, once a fortnight or once a month is plenty, then she will have more stories to tell. As for Hutchy calling her "darling", leave it out, sounds creepy & condescending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the subject of talking over each other, I happened to catch about 10-minutes of that Saturday morning racing show ("The Odds Couple ??). There were three of them in the studio, one was that serial windbag who has a rather inflated opinion of himself - Josh Jenkins.

I don't know who the other two were but I should be sueing SEN for GBH of the earhole after that 10-min of utter rubbish & diatribe.

Have any of them ever had any radio training ??

Is there is a producer behind the scenes kicking their butt & pulling them into line ??

I'd say "NO" to both questions because it was bordering on unlistenable squabble at times, once one of them made a comment one of the others refused to wait for them to finish. Instead they just jumped in over the top & louder to try and drown the first speaker out. Then the third wheel would pipe up and join in .............. I reckon primary school children could do a better job.

There is good radio, poor radio & then amateur-hour radio and they have that third category well sown up. There are better shows and presenters on community radio and they don't even get paid to do it.

Do advertisers think they are getting good value for their advertising dollar when they keep pumping out pitiful shows like that ???

I highly doubt it !!

I have a theory on what to do with the motor racing and some of the other peripheral shows on the main SEN station, at present they come across like an afterthought and completely out of place on the station.
It's been like that since the station started.

Footy/general sports talk during the day, then the secondary sports would be on in the evening for an hour, a different one each day. Ange Postecogolou was part of a soccer show.

Nobody liked car racing on the station except for Tony Schibeci, so he became the motor racing guy.

Whatever happened to the SEN overnight program? I remember the days where they used to get decent calls with Tony Schibecki and others. It was great listening.
They had shows such as Gladiators of Sport, Troy Zantuck initial reaction. The GBU Crew. Was great radio. I don't think they even paid them, they just came on for fun.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

Whatever happened to the SEN overnight program?

They binned it about 12-18 months ago. Paul Sebastiani was the last host.

Being in Perth with the timezone difference (or when in Europe) I'd give the show a regular listen. A shame it's gone.

A few years ago they had a female presenter doing the slot out of Perth. She built a nice rapport with listeners.

Whatever happened to the SEN overnight program? I remember the days where they used to get decent calls with Tony Schibecki and others. It was great listening.
They had shows such as Gladiators of Sport, Troy Zantuck initial reaction. The GBU Crew. Was great radio. I don't think they even paid them, they just came on for fun.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

Needs a complete revamp with new voices & attitude, what they are serving up is disrespectful to what must be a shrinking listener base.

Looking over the preliminary schedule I'm working on and wondered which presenters you would like to hear on SEN going forward ??

1. Give me some names and a short precise why you think they would be an ideal choice.

I enjoy Julian De Stoop whenever he fills in
Mathew Cox was very good when he did that silly 5am slot, get him back
Jack Heverin was another of the young guys who was focussed & not starry-eyed
Tom Morris, even though he did blot his copybook, is a good performer who could lead a program
Sarah Olle is now a seasoned journo and could inject a woman's perspective on sport
A lot of people talk highly of Daniel Harford who was lured over to RSN, could he be lured back ??
Mark Fine doing one show per week is nonsense, give him 5-nights a week with some strong riding instructions
I sometimes listen to Clinton Maynard overnight on 2GB and he is very good

2. Conversely, give me the ones you would show the door to as well.

Garry Lyon & Tim Watson occasionally have a good interview but they tend to waffle on way too much (split them up ??)
Andrew Gaze doesn't interest me at all
Dwayne Russell means well but seems too complacent in his current role (might need a change of slot & purpose).
Kane Cornes should be a part of SEN Adelaide permanently
David King & Nathan Buckley are like "Eddie Everywhere", they just keep bobbing up and saying the same things they did on the TV the night before
Finey's partner in crime (Stephen J Peake) is trading on old glorys
Adam White and Daniel Harford for breakfast would be glorious. Though not sure Whitey would join SEN fulltime with Gerard there, as they had a tense working relationship at the ABC.

Fantastic Sen posting over the past few days less by LordLucifer .
Real problems and solutions by all posters.

Agree. During the day it’s footy and general sport talk. I find it funny when Tim and Garry say “after 7 we’re gonna talk footy” as if theyve been pained to talk about non footy topics whilst being waterboarded.

Last edited:
On the subject of talking over each other, I happened to catch about 10-minutes of that Saturday morning racing show ("The Odds Couple ??). There were three of them in the studio, one was that serial windbag who has a rather inflated opinion of himself - Josh Jenkins.

I don't know who the other two were but I should be sueing SEN for GBH of the earhole after that 10-min of utter rubbish & diatribe.

Have any of them ever had any radio training ??

Is there is a producer behind the scenes kicking their butt & pulling them into line ??

I'd say "NO" to both questions because it was bordering on unlistenable squabble at times, once one of them made a comment one of the others refused to wait for them to finish. Instead they just jumped in over the top & louder to try and drown the first speaker out. Then the third wheel would pipe up and join in .............. I reckon primary school children could do a better job.

There is good radio, poor radio & then amateur-hour radio and they have that third category well sown up. There are better shows and presenters on community radio and they don't even get paid to do it.

Do advertisers think they are getting good value for their advertising dollar when they keep pumping out pitiful shows like that ???

I highly doubt it !!
JJ is hopeless

Adam White and Daniel Harford for breakfast would be glorious. Though not sure Whitey would join SEN fulltime with Gerard there, as they had a tense working relationship at the ABC.
Gerard has lost a few friends in the media as his ego has exploded

Gerard has lost a few friends in the media as his ego has exploded
I thought as a swans person you'd be defending him. But it's pleasing to see impartiality ensue.

Healy was the sole person to introduce "franchise" into AFL football lexicon. he needs to be retired

Remove this Banner Ad

1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back