Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I do feel for Thomas. Its hard enough playing at this level and when he has the burden being unfairly made the poster boy for what seems like every ****ing on field controversity. Makes me sick. I have been critical of Thomas in the past but what he cops IMO is worse than what that flog Goodes had to put up with.

After the WCE game, where do we play LT. Does he need a rest in the VFL or pushed up out onto the wing. Almost think LT should go back to the VFL to take the pressure of him. Or this not being paid or acting for a head high free kick, could stuff his career.

He's kicked 8 goals in the last 3 games and while we haven't won those games you can't lay those losses at his feet. He played a shit game really (tho wasn't alone and wasn't our worst player by a long way) and yet still kicked two goals, helped with one and made more tackles than any of our other forwards. he gets crucifed

So we play him in the forward line where we always play hm, tho personally I'd like to see him push up the ground a bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His set shots are terrible. Gives his all but I miss the 2012-14 years when he was a dead eye.

He was better on Saturday, with that howler of a ball drop in the second quarter aside. I actually watched him through the entire warmup and he was slotting every kick. Looked relaxed and was pinging them in from all angles with his set shot routine.

I tell you what, we would've been absolutely rooted without him on the day. His commitment level put many of his peers to shame.

He was better on Saturday, with that howler of a ball drop in the second quarter aside. I actually watched him through the entire warmup and he was slotting every kick. Looked relaxed and was pinging them in from all angles with his set shot routine.

I tell you what, we would've been absolutely rooted without him on the day. His commitment level put many of his peers to shame.

I have been watching him closely all year, and I reckon it's his run in. When he runs in at an angle he misses most of them. When he runs in straight he's usually thereabouts. In fact I have seen him keep only one solitary goal following a crooked run in.

I have been watching him closely all year, and I reckon it's his run in. When he runs in at an angle he misses most of them. When he runs in straight he's usually thereabouts. In fact I have seen him keep only one solitary goal following a crooked run in.

I posted that very point here a week or two ago. Totally agree with your observation there big daddio.

This is why I bloody love Lindsay.

Bastard on field, gets under peoples skin, oozes talent.

Chuck him in front of a camera and you see what he's really like, shy, unassuming, can't make eye contact with the interviewer or camera and deflects any praise to his team mates.

Love ya Linds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back