#14 - David Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Ian Shuttleworth was on 5AA before the Richmond game and claimed that David Mackay is very close to signing a contract extension. Ian seemed to think it will be as soon as two weeks time. Good news.

Have heard a few rumors that Mackay could possibly leave crows to go back to a Melbourne club. Been a few years since a post about him. Is he still the same gun in the making that u guys thoughts? Is he out of Adelaide. I reckon dogs would be interested. Need a bit of pace in the midfield to support griffin and support the inside mids we have

Have heard a few rumors that Mackay could possibly leave crows to go back to a Melbourne club. Been a few years since a post about him. Is he still the same gun in the making that u guys thoughts? Is he out of Adelaide. I reckon dogs would be interested. Need a bit of pace in the midfield to support griffin and support the inside mids we have
Has always promised to become a high quality player, just glides and slices through the opposition when he gets the ball in space, just doesn't quite get enough of the ball for my liking. IMO he is tradable, as he would have some value, but hasn't reached the heights he promised to early on in his career. His value? I'm not sure, you wouldn't trade your first pick for him, whether or not you second would be enough I don't know.

Has always promised to become a high quality player, just glides and slices through the opposition when he gets the ball in space, just doesn't quite get enough of the ball for my liking. IMO he is tradable, as he would have some value, but hasn't reached the heights he promised to early on in his career. His value? I'm not sure, you wouldn't trade your first pick for him, whether or not you second would be enough I don't know.
Would he be worth a second round pick?? For the dogs, that would be about pick 22. I wonder if Higgins and a third round pick could nab both Mackay and mckernan? Or some sort if deal to nab both. Cause I know dogs will be after a key forward and a outside mid.
What deal would nab them both?

Would he be worth a second round pick?? For the dogs, that would be about pick 22. I wonder if Higgins and a third round pick could nab both Mackay and mckernan? Or some sort if deal to nab both. Cause I know dogs will be after a key forward and a outside mid.
What deal would nab them both?
If Higgins was fit and injury free maybe, but we'd then have to find a replacement for McKernan, Gorringe is mentioned as a target on our board regularly, whether or not that happens we'll have to wait and see, I don't think it's quite enough, but that probably means its not a terrible suggestion.

If Higgins was fit and injury free maybe, but we'd then have to find a replacement for McKernan, Gorringe is mentioned as a target on our board regularly, whether or not that happens we'll have to wait and see, I don't think it's quite enough, but that probably means its not a terrible suggestion.
That's a fair point. Higgins would be a top 5 player at the dogs if he could get injuries behind him. Skillful as they come but dogs seemed to have made plans with him and cooney not in it by the sounds of things.
Maybe Higgins, grant and a third rounder might get it done: walker needs support. Grant is good if not the main 2 talls

Still think that D-Mac hasn't reached his best yet. More tradable players on the list.

Still think that D-Mac hasn't reached his best yet. More tradable players on the list.

At the moment, he is the definition of tradable.

Saved by our lack of outside stock but to be playing that poorly that he was on the outer late this season... well that shows how far he has fallen in 2013.

At the moment, he is the definition of tradable.

Saved by our lack of outside stock but to be playing that poorly that he was on the outer late this season... well that shows how far he has fallen in 2013.

One of a few players we currently have in that ~25 age group who has genuinely failed to capitalise on a promising start to his career. He has been on our list now for 7 years and has played 105 AFL games, for a player of his skill and ability he should be producing so much more. He doesn't have too many horrible games, but at the same time I doubt he'd have made our best players on too many occasions and has never earned a Brownlow Vote, the only Crow to have achieved such a feat(100 games, 0 BM votes) and 1 of 2 players with 70 games or more to have never earned a vote.

Not sure whether it's a lack of work ethic/urgency in his game, but just has never taken that next step and it's these guys who we really should be looking at trading if a decent deal comes along. He's at the point where he's no longer considered a first 22 player and whilst he could turn it around, if he doesn't his value will drop quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back