Past #14: Liam Shiels - 255HFC gms/33NM gms - 97goals - 3x HFC flags - moving into NM list mgmt post '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Good one. Can't speak more highly of this bloke and I know the Hawks can't either. Fitting farewell this weekend (apart from the potential rollicking we'll get).

You can tell alot about someone, speaks well, good since of humour, doesn't take himself seriously, all the club showed their appreciation of him, clarko getting a little emotional.

Like already be said, on game doesn't do justice for what he has done.

Love the bloke.

Wish weā€™d gotten him a few years earlier, has done plenty for us and sacrificed the whole way.

The time heā€™s spent embedded with the boys on field has hopefully shown him exactly what weā€™re missing and need to bring in, Iā€™m looking forward to his off field role now.

Goes down as a Shinboner for mine no question.

Expected nothing from him, we got alot out of him for such a short time. His qualities as a leader were immediate when he came into the club, nothing but respect for the man he's had a storied career and I'm happy he's had a part of that chapter at North with Clarko.

I wish we had him for more games but he carried himself amazingly considering his age on-field gave everything he could.

Cheers Pup.

Like he said to Bull he wishes he was 25 and just signed a 5 year deal because the future is bright.

Well, we wish you were 25 and signed a 5 year deal too Pup.

Incredible servant in very tough times and gets nothing but the ultimate respect from me.

I hope you identify some new recruits with your exact traits as they will be so vital in our premiership tilts in the years ahead.

Probably a good time to remind myself of having a chat with him towards the end of last year when we were getting belted every week.

Asked quite hopefully whether heā€™d be going around for us again next year?

No hesitation to say ā€œwhatever the club needs, mateā€.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been exactly what we needed the last 2 years. A leader from a successful club, with high personal professional standards and who still had enough in the tank to play a role at AFL level.
Pup will have hopefully played a role in helping to improve the overall culture of the club. It's up to the boys to follow through, with they've learnt from playing and training alongside him.

Thank you for everything Pup!
Glad he'll still be around and able to use his inside knowledge of the list, to focus on what we need to target going forward.

Who was the person Isaac Smith gave a shout out to in his speech? May be an ex Hawk I guess

Should just give him Bradyā€™s role
And demote Brady to a lesser role again
ā€˜Thatā€™s bullshit Clarko! Why do I have to do it!?ā€™

ā€˜Look mate, itā€™s important that someone supervises over Stepho in the off-season. You no, bikes and stuffā€¦and youā€™re the only one I trust enough to do itā€™

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #14: Liam Shiels - 255HFC gms/33NM gms - 97goals - 3x HFC flags - moving into NM list mgmt post '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back