AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Re-signed for two more years - 3/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see why
But at the same time it’s only been posted big footy and Twitter footy fan Circles

If there was any meat to the story a journo would’ve dug into it and found info by now
yeah I reckon. There'd be heaps of players talking to clubs at this time of year, but they don't all make the news (as in, Daniher meets Sydney CEO, Fantasia has coffee with Merrett).

Be interesting to see if the next edition of Herald Sun moneyball has it, or perhaps McClure or Edmund on SEN. That's usually where the most vague rumours end up because they collate everything they hear and mix it together .

yeah I reckon. There'd be heaps of players talking to clubs at this time of year, but they don't all make the news (as in, Daniher meets Sydney CEO, Fantasia has coffee with Merrett).

Be interesting to see if the next edition of Herald Sun moneyball has it, or perhaps McClure or Edmund on SEN. That's usually where the most vague rumours end up because they collate everything they hear and mix it together .
If there’s any legs to the story they’d follow it up, if nothing is heard in the next couple of days then there’s nothing to it

You reckon we could turn him and our top pick into Harley? Would you do it?
I would but . Question is would Archie go to Perth and somehow I think the Eagles will want pick 2 if they are trading out of pick 1.

I would but . Question is would Archie go to Perth and somehow I think the Eagles will want pick 2 if they are trading out of pick 1.
I was thinking more using a multi club deal to get there. To get Reid it is going to hurt but I would prefer to lose Archie than Nic (unless he isn't interested in signing an extension).

He was drafted with pick 9. He's probably top 3, definitely top 5 of his draft class at this stage (Gulden and Holmes ahead, JUH maybe as well), and contracted as well. Geelong have pick 7, which probably drifts out to 9-11 once it comes around (Walter definitely, maybe McKay compo, Sanders and Read).

We'd be more than entitled to Geelong's F2 if he does go there.

Not necessarily, we had a poster from another club drop into our trade thread claiming that Perkins was having a club meeting with Geelong

We all dismissed it as bullshit …however some Insta stalking from a few posters found that he was now following the cats and several players …still who really knows
I reckon players sometimes do that as a shit take on the rumour
You reckon we could turn him and our top pick into Harley? Would you do it?
Would you do it if we were the other team? Doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon players sometimes do that as a s**t take on the rumour

Would you do it if we were the other team? Doubt it.
Wouldn't read anything into the perkins socials. He was a cats fan and would have been following all those players and the club since before he was drafted.

The only one who would have been added to the cats list since then is tanner bruhn who was in his draft class and they probably knew each other from Victorian junior footy carnivals etc.

It's nothing burger

Wouldn't read anything into the perkins socials. He was a cats fan and would have been following all those players and the club since before he was drafted.

The only one who would have been added to the cats list since then is tanner bruhn who was in his draft class and they probably knew each other from Victorian junior footy carnivals etc.

It's nothing burger
I've had a look at his IG and it looks like he hasn't followed any AFL related accounts for at least a year. The cats and roo supporters are a little deluded.

I've had a look at his IG and it looks like he hasn't followed any AFL related accounts for at least a year. The cats and roo supporters are a little deluded.
I wouldn't say deluded. Just bored. We're not used to having so much time to look at trades. It's not healthy

I wouldn't say deluded. Just bored. We're not used to having so much time to look at trades. It's not healthy
what are you talking about, September is the best time of the year, no stupid games to worry about - you can just focus on winning trades and picking the best undersized flanker to be your next midfield hope

If Archie is one of the ‘party boys’ / not AFL lifestyle proponents Scott is referring to, does he think he’s dodging a bullet and going to be able to maintain his lifestyle by moving to Geelong? 🤔

If Archie is one of the ‘party boys’ / not AFL lifestyle proponents Scott is referring to, does he think he’s dodging a bullet and going to be able to maintain his lifestyle by moving to Geelong? 🤔
The North link is just as funny. Clarkson with his laid back wall punching persona and willingness to interfere in the personal lives of players for their own benefit…

Think he may get the same message 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Re-signed for two more years - 3/6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back