1999 premiership reunion event

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently some clown got on the PA and said “ Wayne Carey, please come out of the toilets.” :stern look
The AFL investigated this incident along with the umpiring yesterday and gave both the all clear.

They showed quite a few on the tv coverage watching the game - from memory Boomer, Simmo, Stevo, Motlop, Clayton…
David King mentioned Longmire was there. Corey McKernan put on his socials that he was flying to Melbourne for this.

What a bizarre day to hold this function. Lip service if you ask me. Was it Jen Watts idea to squeeze the reunion in with a game? Especially bizarre as the game was a 1:00 start?????

An event like that generally loses money. Running it during a game and over the bye rounds offered the best chance to gather as many of the players as possible and to amortize the costs against already booked function rooms.

But I appreciate that you probably aren't as interested in those details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An event like that generally loses money. Running it during a game and over the bye rounds offered the best chance to gather as many of the players as possible and to amortize the costs against already booked function rooms.

But I appreciate that you probably aren't as interested in those details.
Fair points. But then don’t charge $400 a pop.

Remove this Banner Ad

1999 premiership reunion event

Remove this Banner Ad

Back