Universal Love 2. Dylan Grimes Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

David Astbury could see the light & retired with dignity.

Grimes should have done the same thing this year instead of accepting a new deal.
Either way he should not be captain next season.

Baker either takes his spot with Nank or is standalone Captain. I prefer the latter.

Grimes should have done the same thing this year instead of accepting a new deal.

Baker either takes his spot with Nank or is standalone Captain. I prefer the latter.
Def a stand alone captain. Hope we never see Co-captains again.

Just needs to get a few more rows of Pinot Noir in his Winery...this year and next year's pay packet will fix the deal!

Yeah, I've never been a fan of Co-captains the buck stops with Captain the other can muddle the message & undermine you.

The fact we went with that proves the club wasn't fully confident in either of players fully as a leader.

Good to get as many games into our next generation of backman playing alongside Vlastuin and Broad now, while they are still playing good football and not at the backend of their careers.

That development is gold, sometimes it just needs tough calls to be made.

With Grimes right now it’s Not a decision based on age , rather form. Broad and Vlastuin are maintaining a pretty high standard, unfortunately Grimes isn’t.

It’s shit to see as he was one of the best defenders in the comp and he’s been so horrible now for a long time. The captaincy definitely has had some sort of an impact.

It’s s**t to see as he was one of the best defenders in the comp and he’s been so horrible now for a long time. The captaincy definitely has had some sort of an impact.
Don't think it has anything to do with the captaincy, he's just getting on. Captaincy doesn't make you drop multiple sitters and handball straight over the line next to the goals. He has lost some speed and co-ordination and is panicking. He is just cooked.

Grimes has been a star for the Tigers and represents the club magnificently both on and off the ground.
Unfortunately his time is coming to an end as he cannot do everything he used to do. He always played the role of 2 players, playing on a man and covering for others. This has taken toll on his body and cannot do it anymore.
I would like to see him purely as a CHB and have to worry about 1 player and the ball and let Broad do more of the contest to contest work.
I don't mind him as a Captain, he is one of the best communicators at the club.
He deserves 1 more year but where he plays to his limitations and we will see more positive output from him.

Any reason you're disliking all my posts and no-one else's CASEYS9420 ? :think:
When you change your mind on a topic can you at least admit it and not jump on the bandwagon.
Less than a month ago we literally had another argument about Grimes drop in form, you said you hadn't noticed any dropoff and proceed to disagreed with all my posts on the subject. now I'm Just returning the favor since you seem to have done a quick 180 and now agree with me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you change your mind on a topic can you at least admit it and not jump on the bandwagon.
Less than a month ago we literally had another argument about Grimes drop in form, you said you hadn't noticed any dropoff and proceed to disagreed with all my posts on the subject. now I'm Just returning the favor since you seem to have done a quick 180 and now agree with me.
Haha wtf is your deal man? Scouring the thread for my posts to dislike them to get even with me in your head? Real petty person you are. All I recall arguing with you ever is when you thought I said a bunch of things about Bauer which I proved you made up.

I literally said in the eagles preview I'd be dropping or 'resting' grimes. I can go back and find it for you again if you like.

Grimes started the year poorly but slowly got improved but his last few matches have been shocking. Trezise and Brown are playing good footy now and are deserving of a senior game whereas Grimes deserves to be dropped on form. Grimes has been insteady decline for two years and next year I can't see him playing much if any senior footy on merit.

Hope that's all not too difficult for you to comprehend :thumbsu:

Haha CASEYS9420 I found the post you must be sooking about....from 9 weeks ago....and I didnt even dislike your post or saying anything further on the matter :straining:

I thought Grimes was and has been good for a while now? :think:

Much improved on his early season form....like most of his team mates.

Jesus mate, maybe just put me on ignore if you're going to chase me around for revenge about ridiculous things like that? A reasonable and amicable discussion on an internet forum :$

I will using the ignore button for you now that's for sure.

Screams indecision and bet hedging ie no outstanding choice.

Side has played the same way funnily enough since they did it.

FWIW I reckon Jack should've been skipper the past 2 seasons, media savvy club leader and big presence at the club.

With Tarrant retiring and Gibcus unavailable with injury and nothing really coming through the VFL, I think he is playing because he simply has to.

What other options do we have?

I feel for him if that is the case as he has completely lost his football nous. I thought atheletism simply left you at the end but he is doing things that young players wouldn't do.

Will Naughton be the bloke to take him apart this week. Surely they wont let Jamarra take him apart like he could.

I don’t get why fans are so quick to write champions off. He’s not the only player making these dumb errors. Vlastuin and Balta do it just as often. His leadership on the field is worth more than anything else he does, especially with Balta, Young and Banks down there

I think Young's position in the backline would be to replace Tarrant. Gibcus looks more likely to take Grimes' spot.

In reality the club would realise our KPF stocks are abysmal. Miller and Ryan are pinch hitting and plastering over cracks and rarely doing the main role which is kicking goals. We could have 2 Tom Lynch's in the team and the oppos 3rd kpd 18yo recruit would still manhandle Riewoldt. Pickett has been set a ridiculous task which has been an abysmal failure.

With no 1st rounder and no realistic chance of nabbing a decent KPF in the off season. The club has basically snookered themselves into forcing Gibcus to play KPF. Young can adequately-ish play the KPD role hopefully working on his flaws in off season. I see no other alternative so here's hoping Gibcus he can do an Aaron Naughton. And Clarke stops drafting HBF's.

In reality the club would realise our KPF stocks are abysmal. Miller and Ryan are pinch hitting and plastering over cracks and rarely doing the main role which is kicking goals. We could have 2 Tom Lynch's in the team and the oppos 3rd kpd 18yo recruit would still manhandle Riewoldt. Pickett has been set a ridiculous task which has been an abysmal failure.

With no 1st rounder and no realistic chance of nabbing a decent KPF in the off season. The club has basically snookered themselves into forcing Gibcus to play KPF. Young can adequately-ish play the KPD role hopefully working on his flaws in off season. I see no other alternative so here's hoping Gibcus he can do an Aaron Naughton. And Clarke stops drafting HBF's.
I feel like we have a plan here. The gap up forward is just too obvious for us not to have addressed it in the last few drafts by accident. I hope so at least.

The stat doesn't have him as the 2nd best defender in the comp. He has a few defensive statistics where he is inside the top 10 in the AFL, spoils, 1%ers and defensive 1 v 1 contest losses. He is thriving and just needs to be kept in the team and he will become a very very good and reliable key position defender. He has been an incredible bargain for us.
2nd best one-on-one stopper in the league ‘

He is a poor man’s Jonas and Port have worked out his flaws are not good enough if you won’t to seriously challenge. Asset when not good enough and not good enough when the club is .

He needs to look in the mirror and realise he fell off the cliff over a year ago. Should tear up his contract and resign immediately. Whoever extended him in April should be read the riot act. Can only dread to think how much of a liability he'll be next year. Play Brown FFS's or why waste a 1st rounder.

If he truly cares about the club he should selflessly walk away from his contract, right now he is a bottom 4 player in the 22 & a complete liability. Gives away free kicks at will and gets beaten 1v1 non stop used to be the other way around he is completely over the hill.

If he truly cares about the club he should selflessly walk away from his contract, right now he is a bottom 4 player in the 22 & a complete liability. Gives away free kicks at will and gets beaten 1v1 non stop used to be the other way around he is completely over the hill.
At his current rate of decline, he's not far off being in the bottom four players in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 2. Dylan Grimes Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back