Senior 20. Elijah Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

A year ago he was running around in the magoo's a million miles away from home with a court appearance hanging over his head.....and thinking his football career may be hanging by a thread.

Fast forward 12 months and he's back home playing senior football in front of 80,000+ adoring fans for the greatest club in the land pushing for a premiership....and lands himself another 2 year contract.

Bloody awesome :thumbsu::cool::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elijah is the real version of what we hoped cunners would be, but fit.
Slick, smooth, calm and just a rolls Royce to match our monster trucks.
Seriously impressed by the kid and love that he has earnt everything at this club from scratch.
Well done. Look forward to he and Ollie sharing multiple premiership successes.

Fantastic news but only two years ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can see the sense in 2, rather than a longer deal.
Our original offer was 3 years. Then the indiscretion meant we gave him just the year to prove himself, which he's done, so we've basically given him the original deal back.
Also keeps any chance of complacency at bay, which I don't mind.

Fantastic news but only two years ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They way the media was worded it seems like he's now fulfilling his original contract offer. Possibly we slightly modified the original one to be a 1 year with trigger and behaviourial clauses to execute the final 2 years.

I can see the sense in 2, rather than a longer deal.
Our original offer was 3 years. Then the indiscretion meant we gave him just the year to prove himself, which he's done, so we've basically given him the original deal back.
Also keeps any chance of complacency at bay, which I don't mind.
I reckon they always intended to keep to the original contract. With the one year deal, something like a probationary period.

"Get through and we'll honour the original contract".

Or something along those lines. Could be totally off the mark though.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 20. Elijah Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back