AFL Player #20: 2MP

Remove this Banner Ad

He is what he is. He's not a superstar, but he can have his very good games, as well as his ordinary ones.

I think Pete would benefit if we can get our forwardline functioning better, where there is more separation between the forwards rather than a big pack in front of goal. Pete doesn't mark as well in a pack, but he is more dangerous on a lead or one on one.

Against North:

Joe Daniher - 5
Harry McKay - 5
Shannon Neale - 3
Jake Riccardi - 3
Mabior Chol - 2
Elliott Himmelberg - 2
Jack Hayes - 2
Luke Jackson (first ruck) - 2

Not unusual for second rucks to kick multiple goals against North Melbourne.
So two.

He seemed a bit lost last night, even when Goldy was rucking he ended up being behind the ball without being involved in the chain surprisingly a lot for a guy playing full forward. Not sure what they were trying to do with him there. Forward line structure was really not there last night.

Against North:

Joe Daniher - 5
Harry McKay - 5
Shannon Neale - 3
Jake Riccardi - 3
Mabior Chol - 2
Elliott Himmelberg - 2
Jack Hayes - 2
Luke Jackson (first ruck) - 2

Not unusual for second rucks to kick multiple goals against North Melbourne.
Joe plays second ruck but he’s also Brisbanes #1 key forward. It’s not quite the same thing.

Does McKay ruck? Thought they played DeKonig and Pittonet with DeKonig as the second ruck and third tall
Forward.

I thought he was good against the Tigers.

didn't you also watch the game and said there was nothing to worry about rofl.

those sunnies in your avatar rose tinted at all by chance?

Wright was awful agaist the tigs!

didn't you also watch the game and said there was nothing to worry about rofl.

those sunnies in your avatar rose tinted at all by chance?

Wright was awful agaist the tigs!
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t that exactly the same thing as Wright?

And yes, McKay is second ruck to De Koning.
I don’t think of Wright as our #1 forward. I’d be putting more time into Langford and Stringer if I was the opposition - far more well rounded and dangerous players. To me second ruck and a complimentary forward role is perfect for 2MP. You don’t want to be targeting him too often.

Is Pittonet not playing for Carlton?

I don’t think of Wright as our #1 forward. I’d be putting more time into Langford and Stringer if I was the opposition - far more well rounded and dangerous players. To me second ruck and a complimentary forward role is perfect for 2MP. You don’t want to be targeting him too often.

I know you can think of number one as best forward but I tend to think about it as key tall forward

Isn’t that exactly the same thing as Wright?

And yes, McKay is second ruck to De Koning.
Pittonet played in the loss to the Pies and win win against Melbourne and against the Swans. McKay played second ruck last week and had 5 hit outs. Carlton play two rucks when Pittonet is not injured.
The game against North when McKay kicked 5 goals he played 80% forward and had only 3 hit outs. Wright had 11 hit outs and 4 goals.

Interesting take. You could argue Charlie Cameron is Brisbanes number one forward then having won 4 of their last 5 goal kicking awards.

And no, Pittonet is not currently playing for Carlton’s seniors and wasn’t playing in the game I was referring to.

Pittonet played in the loss to the Pies and win win against Melbourne and against the Swans. McKay played second ruck last week and had 5 hit outs. Carlton play two rucks when Pittonet is not injured.
The game against North when McKay kicked 5 goals he played 80% forward and had only 3 hit outs. Wright had 11 hit outs and 4 goals.

Sounds much like the scenario at Essendon with Wright and Draper (when not injured).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back