Toast 200 games for Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

Having been named in the 22 to take on Essendon tomorrow, Zach Tuohy will become just the second Irishman to play 200 AFL games - 120 games with Carlton and tomorrow will be game #80 in the hoops

Has been very good, all things considered, since coming over. Much like our other addition from the Blues in recent times. Despite the angst some have tried to generate about his supposed value for us, has been well and truly worth the investment (which ended up being nothing more than a shuffle of less than a dozen picks down the draft order), and has played lots of good footy for the club already.

Showing more and more versatility in how he can contribute in different roles on the field, is tough as nails (Exhibit A: last Friday night), and is clearly warmly regarded by the club and his teammates. Contributes to an attacking mindset for the team in how he approaches the game, and his post-siren winner against the Dees is destined to live long in the memory.

Thanks, Zach, for all you've brought to the club thus far. And here's hoping that there's some premiership success (and at least 20 more senior games after tomorrow) still to come in your story at the hoops.

And keep those Irish recruits coming, Catters...

Super player for us so hardworking and consistent love how he plays. Been a super value trade for us for how little we gave up. Hope we can win in his 200th.

Tough bloke - blue collar as they come IMO.. right amount of head wobble and skills
Best luck to him.
Go Catters

Congrats to Tuohy who will break Stynes' Irish games record this weekend v North!

How good Zach Tuohy on On The Couch taking the piss out of Dangers kicking and Isaac Smith for avoiding contact. Gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm convinced that if I try hard enough, I'll finally understand Mullin in 10 years' time

How do you go with Merrick and his accent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back