2009 Trade Discussion- Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why people are so desperate to get Ablett. He's got a dodgy ankle injury, groin problems and I'm still a bit suspicious about that hamstring of his. I'd never buy him with an injury cloud that's hailing heavily, not to mention he goes to Subiaco this week and the surface of that ground is hard so I wouldn't be surprised if anything happens. Not to mention, it's followed up by another Subi game.

A player I'm keeping my close eye on is Robert Murphy, his value has plummeted due to getting injured on field and playing while injured but when he comes back, he'll be scoring huge as he's the go-to guy when he's roaming around the forward line or even the midfield. Not only will he be cheap as chips but also a big scorer so even though my Forward line is complete with no rookies, I might consider trading someone like Buddy or Dale Thomas to him... Though there's a lot to consider, it'll probably leave me with 5 trades left.

IMO this is absolutely crazy, maybe if you had 15 trades left, but come on, would be a massive move to trade Buddy out with 6 trades lest. I agree that Murphy is a good option, but not that good.

I think you should only get Muston if you really need to cash cow.

I'm keeping Robinson and I think he will go up more. Did a heap of chasing for nothing in the last game.

I think I might just leave it and see if Anthony comes into when I'm ready.

Hey guys,

Looking to downgrade Angus Graham to free up 140k or so to upgrade one of my starting rookies to a premium.

Who is the best 76 or 86k rookie ruckman to downgrade to? Already got M Pyke as my 2nd bench ruckman.

Cheers.

Dunno If he's on the rookie list, but Christian Bock (Essendon) could be an option- their ruckmen are falling like flies, so he should get a few games.
Zac Clarke (Freo) is another option- has being playing well in the WAFL.

This type of question has probably been asked a hundred times, but is it better to upgrade two high priced rookies for two bottomed out players, or to upgrade one high priced rookie to a premium?

Option 1:
This week: Ziebell ($273,000) (70 ave)------> Brennan ($326,700) (90 ave)*
Next week: Rich ($300,151) (75 ave) --------> Salopek ($328,000) (95 Ave)
Cost=$81549 Trades=2

*predicted from now

Option 2:
This week: No trades
Next week: Rich ($300,151) (75 ave) --------> Bartel ($448,000) (117 ave)
Cost= $147849 Trades =1

Option 1 would net me 40 pts a game but cost me an extra trade
Option 2 would net me 42 pts a game but cost an extra $66,300

Only have 7 trades left so if don't trade out Ziebell now, i never will.
Option 1 makes my team look better with two more guns and not having to rely on a rookie starting. Option 2 puts more pressure on Bartel to score consistently.

Thoughts?

Hey guys, looking for some advice on my trading dilemmas :)

DEF: Chad, Fisher, Gilbert, Gram, Adcock, Houlihan, Grimes (Broughton, Petrenko)

MID: Swan, S.Tuck, Cross, Thompson, Hasleby, Zaharakis (Cockie, DeBoer)

8 Trades, $200k in bank

Wanted to upgrade Zaha this week, but cornes may have thrown a spanner in the works. Which of these options sounds best?

1) Zaharakis > Muston.....Chad > Enright/Lockyer
(Wait for Muston to reach $250-300k, upgrade to Bartel/Ablett...still have roughly $200k in bank)

2) Cornes > Newman/Harding/Mundy
Zaha > Bartel
(No cash left in bank)

3) Zaha > Dal Santo / Stanton
Cornes > Anyone but Goddard....or let Broughton pick up slack.

I feel like I want to trade Cornes, because if someone like Gram or Houlihan get dropped again I will be in real trouble. Thoughts please? :) :)

aaron joseph - muston
zieball- deledio/franklin
not sure if i want deledio who is probably a better option or franklin who is cheaper and bound to come out of his slump soon

the chad cornes saga has really thrown a spanner in the works for me so now ive got 3 options to consider

1) ziebell>>>muston then rich>>>>>>>>ablett or any other premium mid
2)ziebell>>>>muston then suban>>>>>>>premium back (liking duff and lockyer)
3)ziebell>>>>muston then cornes>>>>>>ellis

the problem with my backline is that i already have broughtan on the field and cheney on the bench but im unsure if he will play due to the queens birthday match being on monday also things to consider is that rich has still got some value with the ton he just got.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated

not really a lot of great options but i guess something could b looked into is that richmond may blood new youngsters such as andrew browne or jake spencer could b an option for melbourne as they are obviously going to keep playing young players, i really dont know there really isnt a lot there

You got an answer, Bock from essendon could be a forced starter with their ruck starts dwindling, other option I guess is natanui, will debut VERY soon but (without checking) I'd say he is ~150k?

yeah hes just under that, id hold onto graham though his b/e is still low and i think taht he still has a little bit of price growth in him, but i dont know youre team situation as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suban to Enright or Adcock ? Within 3k of each other.

I was originally thinking Enright, but Adcock seems to be on the improve with more of a midfield role.

For me Adcock is slightly higher risk higher reward, as you can see he is quite capable of pulling out the big 120+ scores, but ocassionally he will have a shocker and score you ~50. Enright seems a bit more consistent. Although you might be right, in recent weeks Adcock has got a lot of nice link-work across half back and on the wing, and with Drummond copping the tag over him, it has helped his game. Enright obviously benefits from the dominant geelong midfield and with Mackie copping the forward tag if any. So really for me it's 50-50, Enright for consistency, Adcock for big scores but I think they will average out to be about the same

Hey guys, looking for some advice on my trading dilemmas :)

DEF: Chad, Fisher, Gilbert, Gram, Adcock, Houlihan, Grimes (Broughton, Petrenko)

MID: Swan, S.Tuck, Cross, Thompson, Hasleby, Zaharakis (Cockie, DeBoer)

8 Trades, $200k in bank

Wanted to upgrade Zaha this week, but cornes may have thrown a spanner in the works. Which of these options sounds best?

1) Zaharakis > Muston.....Chad > Enright/Lockyer
(Wait for Muston to reach $250-300k, upgrade to Bartel/Ablett...still have roughly $200k in bank)

2) Cornes > Newman/Harding/Mundy
Zaha > Bartel
(No cash left in bank)

3) Zaha > Dal Santo / Stanton
Cornes > Anyone but Goddard....or let Broughton pick up slack.

I feel like I want to trade Cornes, because if someone like Gram or Houlihan get dropped again I will be in real trouble. Thoughts please? :) :)

You really need to get Goddard in your team. I mean if I had to pick one of those it would probably be option 2), and I would get Newman.

What about Zaha > Kornes or even Salopek, and Cornes > Goddard?

the chad cornes saga has really thrown a spanner in the works for me so now ive got 3 options to consider

1) ziebell>>>muston then rich>>>>>>>>ablett or any other premium mid
2)ziebell>>>>muston then suban>>>>>>>premium back (liking duff and lockyer)
3)ziebell>>>>muston then cornes>>>>>>ellis

the problem with my backline is that i already have broughtan on the field and cheney on the bench but im unsure if he will play due to the queens birthday match being on monday also things to consider is that rich has still got some value with the ton he just got.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Is Suban on your field? If so, I like option 2- probably get lockyer

Eyy Fellas just afta a quick opinion.

Really wanna bring in Muston this week. My mids are all premiums other that Sidey,Anthony and cockie. Really need an opinion on who to trade out to bring in Muston.

Sideways anthony seems like a bit of a waste. I could downgrade cockie and net about 50k or downgrade sidey and net almost 100k.
Seems silly downgrading sidey now as im sure he still has a bit left in him. However downgrading cockie only gives me 50k and muston could be a potential 6th mid or the best 7th mid in history lol. Got 10 trades left and 32 k in the bank. WHat do you guys think?

Is Suban on your field? If so, I like option 2- probably get lockyer

yeah hes on my field, thinking about it option 2 seems the best for me because i can do one of my upgrades, and makes my backline look a lot more stable. with a midfield of bartel,pendlebury,selwood,kane cornes,hasleby and rich/muston i think its stable enough for now

Have you seen Bock?

He'll get killed out there.

TBH I havent seen Bock, but Hille, Bellechambers and Laycock are all out. That leaves either Hooker or Bock to help Ryder out. He may not be ready, but bombers might have no choice but to play him.

@ JimmyHird
I gave u an answer, Bock (Bombers) or Clarke (Freo) are probably the best options.

aaron joseph - muston
zieball- deledio/franklin
not sure if i want deledio who is probably a better option or franklin who is cheaper and bound to come out of his slump soon

i really would stay away from franklin. i have had him from round 1 and he has been shithouse. only scoring over 100 once. until you see proof that he can start scoring 100's again i would advise you to not get him. IMO deledio is a very good choice, and at 370k IIRC is priced very nicely.

I'm trading Robo to Muston (the all original Muston trade). Considering making one more change, but not quite sure which one. Will have $257K in bank and 13 trades (after the Muston trade).

Option 1 - fix my backline. (Currently Goddard, Enright, Adcock, Suban, Grimes, Houlihan, Broughton (Cornes, Petrenko)).
Considering Upgrading Houlihan or Cornes :)() to Lockyer or Fisher. Could upgrade Suban but I'm thinking he's a handy emergency.

Option 2 - upgrade a mid (Currently Gibbs, Selwood, Kornes, Cross, Haselby, Otten (Muston, Sidebottom)). Considering upgrading Haselby or Otten for one of Bartel or Swan

Any thoughts?

Eyy Fellas just afta a quick opinion.

Really wanna bring in Muston this week. My mids are all premiums other that Sidey,Anthony and cockie. Really need an opinion on who to trade out to bring in Muston.

Sideways anthony seems like a bit of a waste. I could downgrade cockie and net about 50k or downgrade sidey and net almost 100k.
Seems silly downgrading sidey now as im sure he still has a bit left in him. However downgrading cockie only gives me 50k and muston could be a potential 6th mid or the best 7th mid in history lol. Got 10 trades left and 32 k in the bank. WHat do you guys think?

Sometimes, no matter how much u want a player there is just no logical trade to get him in. No point trading Anthony (for all we know he could pull some big scores as well). Cockie doesn't really net u enough cash to warrant a trade and like u said Sidebottom still has growth in him. So maybe the best is choice is not to trade...but if u really want him, I'd trade for Sidey, at least that trade gives u a decent amount of $$ left over.

TBH I havent seen Bock, but Hille, Bellechambers and Laycock are all out. That leaves either Hooker or Bock to help Ryder out. He may not be ready, but bombers might have no choice but to play him.

@ JimmyHird
I gave u an answer, Bock (Bombers) or Clarke (Freo) are probably the best options.

Sorry mate didn't see it, thanks :thumbsu:

I'd second the advice to stay away from Franklin....I stupidly bought him in last week (on the assumption he'd come out of his slump), and he scored a lovely 48. I would have won my league game if I had Warren on the field instead of him....

Deledio is much better choice IMHO.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion- Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back