Remove this Banner Ad

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Well, with the NBL Season underway and no NBA season, I've been carefully watching NBL teams and documenting their playing jerseys.

I've been doing this for the last few years just for sh*ts and gigs but this year I will try and perfect the guide.

The template was made by me using paint, then I just transferred it into PS. At this stage it is not 100 % exact.

At this stage I have the layout of each teams home and road jersey (minus sponsors). I've added sponsors to most of the jerseys but their are some missing.

Shorts logos and sponsors will come later.

Without further or do:

Adelaide 36ers
Stadium:
Adelaide Arena (The Powerhouse)
Coach: Marty Clarke
Last season finish: 8th
Adelaide-36ers-2011-12.png

Cairns Taipans
Stadium:
Cairns Convention Centre (The Snakepit)
Coach: Aaron Fearne
Last season finish: Runners-Up
Cairns-Taipans-2011-12.png

Gold Coast Blaze
Stadium:
Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre (The Furnace)
Coach: Joey Wright
Last season finish: 6th
Gold-Coast-Blaze-2011-12-1.png

Melbourne Tigers
Stadium:
State Netball and Hockey Centre (The Cage)
Coach: Trevor Gleeson
Last season finish: 7th

Melbourne-Tigers-2011-12.png

New Zealand Breakers
Stadium:
Vector Arena (The Breakerdome)
Coach: Andre Lemanis
Last season finish: Champions
New-Zealand-Breakers-2011-12.png

Perth Wildcats
Stadium:
Challenge Stadium (The Jungle)
Coach: Rob Beveridge
Last season finish: 4th
Perth-Wildcats-2011-12-1.png

Sydney Kings
Stadium:
Sydney Entertainment Centre (The Kingdome)
Coach: Ian Robilliard
Last season finish: 9th
Sydney-Kings-2011-12.png

Townsville Crocodiles
Stadium:
Townsville Entertainment Centre (The Swamp)
Coach: Paul Woolpert
Last season finish: 3rd
Towsnville-Crocodiles-2011-12.png

Wollongong Hawks
Stadium:
WIN Entertainment Centre (The Sandpit)
Coach: Gordie McLeod
Last season finish: 5th

Wollongong-Hawks-2011-12.png

Re: 2011/12 NBL Season Jersey Guide

Been looking for something like this for a while. Great job workhorse :thumbsu:

God, awhile we thinking we would struggle with an AFL jumper guide! Keep up the good work boys. :thumbsu:

Awesome stuff Workhorse. And nobody steal my thunder - I'm working on one for domestic cricket. :thumbsu:

Thanks everyone for the feedback :thumbsu:

Looking to seeing that Gibbsy, I've been working on a T20 Big Bash League concept portfolio as well. (Not a resource but my own designs)

I hate the designs as well.

Surely AND1 could have put some effort into the designs.

The NBA is all made by Adidas and designs are great (well most)

I have the replica Tigers jersey from last year, picked it up at a pre-season game last month on the cheap. The material is really light and good quality. :thumbsu:

2uy5beq.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the designs as well.

Surely AND1 could have put some effort into the designs.

The NBA is all made by Adidas and designs are great (well most)

The quality of the jerseys is fine but I agree with you on the design.

They pretty much use the same template and edit what colours are on the side panel.

I would love to see some variety in the designs. Maybe I'll mock some up :rolleyes: :thumbsu:

****UPDATE****
Update OP with Gold Coast Blaze jersey. Here it is
Gold-Coast-Blaze-2011-12-1.png

Also here Gold Coast Blaze logo concept I came up with using the current logotype.

Gold-Coast-Blaze-Concept.png

The NBL are having a heritage round this weekend and apparently they'll be wearing retro kits. Do we know anything about the designs. I'm guessing the Tigers will be wearing their 92/93 kits because they're honouring that championship on the weekend.

At this stage I don't know anything about the designs. I will be trying to replicate them and add them to the guide.

I'm guessing most of them will be based on sometime during the 90's. Gold Coast Blaze, New Zealand Breakers and Cairns Taipans will probably have their first ever jerseys they wore. (Hopefully the Breakers whip out an old Cannons kit :p)

Heritage Round jerseys have been posted online. The Tigers will have a home kit and an away kit:

tigersauctionhomefront.jpg
+
tigersauctionawayfront2.jpg

The others can be viewed here.

Really wanna get one of those Tigers ones. They looks sick :thumbsu:

Will they be wearing both, or just one of them?

Really wanna get one of those Tigers ones. They looks sick :thumbsu:

Will they be wearing both, or just one of them?

They play two games this weekend, one at home one on the road, so they'll get to wear both. Looks like the only way to get them is bidding on the game-worn ones online, pretty sure they won't be sold individually. :(

They play two games this weekend, one at home one on the road, so they'll get to wear both. Looks like the only way to get them is bidding on the game-worn ones online, pretty sure they won't be sold individually. :(
OK, cool. I probably like the away one best. Yellow tigers strips look so good.

They all look really good workhorse!!! just wondering, where do you get the fonts for the team names on the jersey's from??

They all look really good workhorse!!! just wondering, where do you get the fonts for the team names on the jersey's from??

Interesting story actually. Last year was when And1 took over/implemented a universal template.

Anyway I started making the jerseys for last season in paint just as a bit of fun.

When I looked on the NBL site I realised that on nearly all of the teams' online stores, especially early in the season, the jerseys weren't the actual product but instead where a illustrator image of what the jersey looked like (even with sponsor logos and everything!).
So I pretty much copied and pasted all of the jerseys off the NBL site and just cut the text/numbers out of them.

Other than that, it's either the font on the logo is used and you can just copy and paste that or (rarely) have to draw it myself on PS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2011/12 NBL Season Uniform Guide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back