Cancelled
May 2, 2008
Does it matter?
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Cleavland Cavs
Tap Tap On The Shoulder

It's time that David Hille moves on. I love the big man but he just isn't giving us anything. His ruck work is back to where it used to be, non existent, jumping before the ball comes down and missing it all completely.

We need to put more and more games in to big T-Bell. He deserves to. He would be the unluckiest bloke on our list at the moment with his current form in the VFL. He deserves a go.

Love to hear your thoughts...

Is there anyone else that needs to be "tapped on the shoulder"

Re: Tap Tap On The Shoulder

It's time that David Hille moves on. I love the big man but he just isn't giving us anything. His ruck work is back to where it used to be, non existent, jumping before the ball comes down and missing it all completely.

We need to put more and more games in to big T-Bell. He deserves to. He would be the unluckiest bloke on our list at the moment with his current form in the VFL. He deserves a go.

Love to hear your thoughts...

He didn't have a preseason (recovering from a persistent knee injury) so he was always going to be up against it this year.

Exactly what happened with Dean Cox last year.

Agreed entirely. Sad to say it, but there's no future in Hille. There's everything to be gained by playing Bellchambers, who already showed a lot of improvement in his senior games this year.

In the second half, Hille approached complete immobility. In fact, I think he was already there a lot of the time.

I agree

I love him and when he is at his best he is awesome, but unfortunately TBell is the future and probably in better form.

Mark McVeigh is clear number 1.

So to answer the initial question Hille goes, probably to another club if he's given the boot, and Bellchambers gets a signifigant injury at any time during the year we are left with Ryder and ... Jenkins :eek:. Just a few weeks ago Angus Graham had 40 hit outs against Bellchambers.

I really hope the GWS wants Hille, I think he's been an excellent player over the years, he deserves a nice sized pension :) Benefits both teams that way.

I wonder if Hille would stay on for a year as a 'depth' or coverage guy.. otherwise it is a big risk if Tbell or Ryder goes down.

Definately need to make the change though, Hille going backwards this season..

McVeigh, Dyson, Welsh all tapped please.. (don't think any of those would have any trade value.. we couldn't even get a fourth rounder for houli)

i honestly dont see any other reason T-Bell resigned so early unless Hille has said he is going to retire at the end of the year...

Welsh, NLM & Willo first. Then McVeigh, then think about Hille.

Hille still has a bit of value IMHO, even if he's only out there as a battering ram for 8 or 12 games.

Ummm IMO we need to hold onto him for one more year as we do need a depth/backup rckman incase of injury. And really it may make belly have a huge pre season to really command his spot in the team and make him a better player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe Bellchambers was dropped before both Ryder and Hille, especially with Ryder's form at the time. I also wouldn't mind having Ryder go back to CHB, play both Hille and Bellchambers and have Hurley in the forward line too. Gets the best out of all players and may give Ryder the responsibilty he needs to light a fire under his ass.

One of my fav players over the years.

I feel like he never reached his potential. Unlucky not to gat AA a couple years back.

Given he is 30 we wouldn't get much but should try and trade with GWS. Our first rounder (pick 18 if we finish 9th) + Hille for pick 9? Doubt it but would try none the less.

Should have been traded a few years ago when he had currency.

Nonetheless we are likely to get virtually nothing for him now. Might as well keep him on the list as backup to Belly and Ryder. He had an interrupted pre season so maybe if he gets a good one under his belt he can come good again.

A lot of ruckman have good years at 30+. Not convinced he can go through a season unscathed though.

Bellchambers should play every game from now on in.

Hille is an incredible team man. I'll put money on him either realizing that his time is up and retiring, or accepting that he's a depth player at best. Hille should be behind Ryder and T-Bell

In terms of our stocks, I haven't seen Bendigo play this year... but is Jenkins anything?

I guess I'm just desperate to see Leroy play a game alongside Jenkins.

I think it should be noted that guys like McVeigh and hille should be treated with respect as players and the club needs to handle it much better than the lloyd/lucas fiasco.

I am confident Jim will handle it as he does everything else - excellently.

I wouldn't mind keeping both these guys (IF they were happy with it) on the list for one more season for depth/coverage but certainly not starters.

Dyson on the other hand can go now, 2 years ago, 5 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back