2011 Rds 8-9 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 8 Trades

Trading Grimes out for Jacobs from Port. Then i will switch Goddard to my defence for Jacobs. Get rid of D. Swallow for one of Priddis, Watson, Mundy or Boyd.

My backline at the moment is:

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Heppell with Lower, Duigan, L. Thompson, Toy rotating through the D6/D7.

The question is:

I have the money to upgrade to any defender,

Enright, Newman, Adcock or Shaw?

No other Cats or Lions, I only have Lids from Richmond and Swan from the Pies.

lol, dude if you still have Harry O and Morris in your backline I'd be looking to get rid of them before goddard :eek:
Got rid of Morris last week...how'd he go this rd ?
Yeah Harry O is on his last chance this week i reckon.

Still on the whole i'm pissing all over my performance last year , averaging 2047 per round

Edit Ah shit Morris 116 typical ( Rolls eyes )

Round 8 and already patching holes.

Duigan > Puopolo
Grimes > Fisher

And pray Suckling returns.

Absolutely SICK of these injuries.. Held every single premium that's gone down plus Otten/Curnow.

I find it odd people trading out Duigan now, his break even is only 48 due to his superb game against the Saints, has a bye this week and gives you an opportunity to see more of potential downgrade targets.

The only reason I could see for moving him now, is if you NEED the cash asap.

With Montagna now gone I'm fairly certain I'll definitely get Selwood this week.

Looking at Broughton to a suitable rookie before he plummets even more, and Atley to Selwood.

Next week Duigan to Enright.

Hey Guys,

Can I get advice on these trades please?

Grimes > H.Shaw
and
Curnow > I.Smith + 279k or Curnow > S.Iles + 223k?

Cheers!

Can't decide whether to take a punt and downgrade Grimes to Pederson so I can upgrade Curnow to Pavlich / Mundy / Priddis, or alternately to downgrade Curnow to Smith and going Grimes to Enright, which would mean I can upgrade Duigan to Enright (highish BE this week) and Swallow hopefully to one of the three above.

Probably a lottery of job securities really?

Don't have Hibberd either...

Edit: Curve ball to the equation is I have no cover in defence, but have reasonable depth in mids (particularly with MPP)

Worked out this:
Curnow -> Smith
Tapscott -> Harvey
$17 700 left over

Next week:
Grimes -> Puopolo
$296 800 left over
Pittard -> Swan

Swans breakeven = 198
Pittard = 59

IF Pittard gets 60, and Swan gets 120,
Pittard = $297k Swan = $557k

$36k left over, 1 def, 1 mid and 1 forward position filled by rookie and to be upgraded. Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't decide whether to take a punt and downgrade Grimes to Pederson so I can upgrade Curnow to Pavlich / Mundy / Priddis, or alternately to downgrade Curnow to Smith and going Grimes to Enright, which would mean I can upgrade Duigan to Enright (highish BE this week) and Swallow hopefully to one of the three above.

Probably a lottery of job securities really?

Don't have Hibberd either...

Edit: Curve ball to the equation is I have no cover in defence, but have reasonable depth in mids (particularly with MPP)

If I'm reading it right, I'd probably downgrade Curnow (in your midfield strength) to be able to keep Grimes a keeper and upgrade Duigan and Swallow to keepers too.

Unsure of who to trade Grimes for.

Players i don't have include Adcock, Rawlings, Enright, H Shaw and Gibbs - Leaning towards Shaw and bringing in one of the others the following week but still fairly unsure

Should I go Grimes and a straigh swap to Rob Murhpy or Downgrade Curnow tp smith which means I can afford any defender meaning Adcock or fisher. My concern is 2 trades will put me to 14.

Thinking this over the next few weeks

Round 8:
Bellchambers > Derix (4th ruck to do nothing)
McEvoy > Sandilands (McEvoy is probly at the highest he can go)

Round 9:
Stanley > Puopolo
Swallow > Boyd/Pav

Which will leave my midfield as follows
Pendlebury, Watson, Judd, Bartell, Pav/Boyd, Foley (Harris, Hibberd, I Smith)
Might be abit Risky with teams byes and the JS of Hibberd and Smith

I'm thinking along these lines over the next few weeks (currently 18 trades/$167,000):
ROUND 8
J. Grimes -> B. Jacobs
E. Curnow -> D. Mundy

ROUND 9
D. Swallow -> I. Smith
D. Harris -> D. Swan

ROUND 10
D. Heppell -> C. Enright
A. Krakouer -> G. Ablett

So I'll have a team of:
DELEDIO, Brett; ENRIGHT, Corey; GIBBS, Bryce; GODDARD, Brendon; GILBEE, Lindsay; LOWER, Nick; SMITH, Brodie
PUOPOLO, Paul; PEDERSEN, Cameron; TOY, Josh

SWAN, Dane; MUNDY, David; PENDLEBURY, Scott; BOYD, Matthew; PRIDDIS, Matt; ABLETT, Gary
SMITH, Isaac; LIBERATORE, Tom; JACOBS, Ben

COX, Dean; SANDILANDS, Aaron
SMITH, Zachary; KEEFFE, Lachlan

FRANKLIN, Lance; PAVLICH, Matthew; GOODES, Adam; RIEWOLDT, Nick; GREEN, Brad; PETRIE, Drew; DARLING, Jack
TAPSCOTT, Luke; MATERA, Brandon; MCKERNAN, Shaun

I have a fwd line of - Franklin, Goodes, NRiewoldt, Darling, Knights, Higgins, AKrak - I Smith, Tapscott, Prestia.

While it was a high risk/low return choice i'm really adamant of trading out Knights desperately....looking at - Dangerfeild, Tippett, Jkennedy (wce), Stokes, Varcoe & Petrie are the players of note !?

I have a fwd line of - Franklin, Goodes, NRiewoldt, Darling, Knights, Higgins, AKrak - I Smith, Tapscott, Prestia.

While it was a high risk/low return choice i'm really adamant of trading out Knights desperately....looking at - Dangerfeild, Tippett, Jkennedy (wce), Stokes, Varcoe & Petrie are the players of note !?

Out of that list I would go Petrie. Has some good scores already... I started the season with Varcoe and I traded him after 3 rounds... 1 good game.. rest where well below average

Out of that list I would go Petrie. Has some good scores already... I started the season with Varcoe and I traded him after 3 rounds... 1 good game.. rest where well below average
Yeah i'm leaning towards Petrie, after consistency more than anything. And i'll be going through my mids & backs like i have w my fwds too, as i have one or two high risk/low return pix along with the rookies in those position lines as well.

Don't know if McKernan is injured because I didn't catch the Adelaide game, but why would you trade either him or Darling at this stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back