2011 Rds 8-9 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 8 Trades

Was thinking maybe...?

McKernan >>> I. Smith / Hibberd (obv pending being named)

Darling >>> ROK

Thoughts?
Not sure how that works. McKernan is FWD/DEF. So are you saying McKernan as a FWD to Smith or a DEF to Hibberd? Who are you swapping him with to do that?

Darling has more to grow, so maybe not him. What other rookies you got? Any GCS forwards? Also, Chappy might be a better bet or maybe Didak in a week or too if you want a cheap premium?

Not sure how that works. McKernan is FWD/DEF. So are you saying McKernan as a FWD to Smith or a DEF to Hibberd? Who are you swapping him with to do that?

Darling has more to grow, so maybe not him. What other rookies you got? Any GCS forwards? Also, Chappy might be a better bet or maybe Didak in a week or too if you want a cheap premium?

Sorry brain fart, tired oops! I have McKernan as FWD. Forget Hibberd, my bad!

Other FWD rookies are Richardson, Matera, Tapscott. Happy to hold onto them. I think McKernan is just about done. And if I brought in ROK for Darling they would prob just about have same price rise this week so it's just counterfeiting itself $$$ wise.

Was looking at maybe getting a Dids or Chappy type in maybe a few weeks if possible. Just really think ROK has so much upside... gotta remember 2 of his crappy scores this year were in slop / rain @ SGC vs Cats and Blues, think (85 and 65) or so

Don't know if McKernan is injured because I didn't catch the Adelaide game, but why would you trade either him or Darling at this stage?

Both almost just about peaked IMO. And ROK just looks so dam tempting @ 403k with a BE of 80 + Swans have pretty good run coming up

That's fair enough, personally wouldn't trade out either seeing as both have BE's of under 40 but that's what makes the game interesting haha, Good luck either way!

I'd rather have McKernan on my bench than Matera methinks. Maybe Matera upgrade with bye just around the corner? I like you idea about ROK. How many premium FWDs do you have?

That's fair enough, personally wouldn't trade out either seeing as both have BE's of under 40 but that's what makes the game interesting haha, Good luck either way!

I hear ya with the BE's but just want to be slightly aggressive and try and pump team up asap!

Sure I will have it sorted by Fri, plenty of head doing!?

Cheers. Good luck also!

I'd rather have McKernan on my bench than Matera methinks. Maybe Matera upgrade with bye just around the corner? I like you idea about ROK. How many premium FWDs do you have?

Very good point!

My FWD line currently consists of Pav, Franklin, Roo, Goodes, Tapscott, Petrie and Darling. But I also have Fyfe in MID with intention to bring him into FWD line when possible.

So if I did the "ROK" trade in future my FWD line (if things went to plan) would be would look like -

Pav, Franklin, Roo, ROK, Fyfe, Goodes and Petrie.

And even then if I can look at more or less of an "luxury" trade of Petrie >>>
Didak / Chappy etc if rest of side is coming along as planned.

Im not super excited on the idea of having a double Dockers and Swans FWD line but meh!

Sorry brain fart, tired oops! I have McKernan as FWD. Forget Hibberd, my bad!

Other FWD rookies are Richardson, Matera, Tapscott. Happy to hold onto them. I think McKernan is just about done. And if I brought in ROK for Darling they would prob just about have same price rise this week so it's just counterfeiting itself $$$ wise.

Was looking at maybe getting a Dids or Chappy type in maybe a few weeks if possible. Just really think ROK has so much upside... gotta remember 2 of his crappy scores this year were in slop / rain @ SGC vs Cats and Blues, think (85 and 65) or so

I like the idea of O'keefe, but doesnt he get impacted with Jack out? More likely to get tagged?

Before round one you were saying no way too Jobe Watson hmmm, look who the SC king is now!

I'm thinking....

Curnow ----> Pendlebury

Duigan ----> R. Murphy

Won't leave me with anything in my salary cap but will get me an extra 50 points a week. Is it worth it? Also there is a slight risk with Bob but he is in good form this year, one of the few dogs.

What's everyones thoughts on B.Rawlings to bring in for Grimes. Only 380k ( down 91k) and is a proven scorer that is a bit down. Worth a risk??

Great trade.

Rawlings the most underrated SC defender; still manages to score well in a poor side.

Would be both a unique and smart pick (and one that I might have to jump on) ;)

Hey guys I'm looking at a couple of options with trades this week and wanted some opinions:

defenders: Newman/Shaw
mids: Bartel/Cross/Boyd

rookie option: Pederson

Even considering a gamble on Cameron Wood in the Ruck...

What exactly are your aims - how many of those are you going to bring in, etc? I'd take Shaw over Newman because Shaw's already had one bye, and Boyd over the other two but if you can only take one it depends on who you're trading out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With plans out the window, I'm just going for broke.

Curnow - I Smith
Duncan - Pavlich

Next week

Grimes - Shaw

Having trouble up forward, thinking of trading Matera for Hale who I can then sub with Petrie who is doing nothing at R3 (R4 is Z.Smith).
Then in the backs Toy for Murphy (would like to focus two trades solely on my forwards but Murphy's BE looks juicy.
Any thoughts?

Have two options:

Curnow > I.Smith
Grimes > Deledio
Leaving me $194,200

or

Matera > J.Tippett
Grimes > Deledio
Leaving me $69,000

The second option will leave me with less cash obviously but it will enable me to move Petrie into the forward line. This is fairly attractive as I have Higgins on the pine.

My forward line is Franklin, Fyfe, Sylvia, N.Riewoldt, Tapscott, Darling, A.Krakouer
(Matera, Higgins, Richardson)

What are your thoughts??

Hey guys I'm looking at a couple of options with trades this week and wanted some opinions:

defenders: Newman/Shaw
mids: Bartel/Cross/Boyd

rookie option: Pederson

Even considering a gamble on Cameron Wood in the Ruck...

What exactly are your aims - how many of those are you going to bring in, etc? I'd take Shaw over Newman because Shaw's already had one bye, and Boyd over the other two but if you can only take one it depends on who you're trading out.

Sorry, here's more info:

Goals are to do the best I can in my league. I'm getting rid of either Grimes/Duigan from the backline and Curnow from the midfield.

My Rucks are terrible with Hale - who I'd like to move, Smith - keeping, Cox - keeping and Campbell (MEL) who has been injured but could play in the future given Melbourne's injuries.

I can really only do 1 of the premiums, especially this week. So, for example I might go Grimes > Pederson then Curnow > Boyd, or, Grimes > Shaw, Curnow > rookie.

Thanks.

Have two options:

Curnow > I.Smith
Grimes > Deledio
Leaving me $194,200

or

Matera > J.Tippett
Grimes > Deledio
Leaving me $69,000

The second option will leave me with less cash obviously but it will enable me to move Petrie into the forward line. This is fairly attractive as I have Higgins on the pine.

My forward line is Franklin, Fyfe, Sylvia, N.Riewoldt, Tapscott, Darling, A.Krakouer
(Matera, Higgins, Richardson)

What are your thoughts??

I think Grimes > Deledio is an excellent move but have you considered holding off on the other trade? Smith looks good but you can wait a week on him without losing money and Tippet hasn't played a game yet and Matera, I think, can still make some money?

edit: missed the Petrie part of your post, it would be good to get him on the field, your forward line starters are pretty good though, whether that's worth the trade for a player yet to play I don't know.

Having trouble up forward, thinking of trading Matera for Hale who I can then sub with Petrie who is doing nothing at R3 (R4 is Z.Smith).
Then in the backs Toy for Murphy (would like to focus two trades solely on my forwards but Murphy's BE looks juicy.
Any thoughts?

Trade Matera for J Tippett.

D Hale is a spud.

I think Grimes > Deledio is an excellent move but have you considered holding off on the other trade? Smith looks good but you can wait a week on him without losing money and Tippet hasn't played a game yet and Matera, I think, can still make some money?

edit: missed the Petrie part of your post, it would be good to get him on the field, your forward line starters are pretty good though, whether that's worth the trade for a player yet to play I don't know.

I should have mentioned that I have to make the other trade to bridge the gap bewtween Grimes and Deledio as I only have $30,000 in the bank atm.

Thinking of trading Grimes for either;

Rawlings with a nice BE this week of 45

or

Hold off and get Goddard next week who has a BE of 165 and will go down in price.

Backline currently consists of Lids, Gibbs, Heppell, Trengrove J, Lower, Grimes, Thompson, L, (Stanley, Buckley, Hunt, K)
Thoughts? have I missed anyone as a potential target?

Trade Matera for J Tippett.

D Hale is a spud.

D. Hale is a playing spud, isn't he? If he is, that'd put him above Tippett in my books.

I'm getting rid of either Grimes/Duigan from the backline and Curnow from the midfield.

I can really only do 1 of the premiums, especially this week. So, for example I might go Grimes > Pederson then Curnow > Boyd, or, Grimes > Shaw, Curnow > rookie.

Thanks.

Have a look at who you have to play in D7 if you opt for Boyd and compare it to your M6 if you go for Shaw. I've got a feeling the combination of your M6 (Harris? Swallow?) plus Shaw would be better than D7 (Toy? Pedersen? Puopolo?) plus Boyd.

D. Hale is a playing spud, isn't he? If he is, that'd put him above Tippett in my books.

incorrect. you would rather have a rookdog out there churning out similar scores to hale at $100k and use the difference to upgrade elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back