2011 Rds 8-9 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 8 Trades

of course we are all assuming ben jacobs will be named this week, anyone got any inside word on this?

Not sure if Port would be willing to make too many changes, they are travelling quite nicely;)

You would never know what is going through the minds at that club currently.

A little worried about the bye in round 16..
I have 4 players in my forward line from Frem/Ade/Melb and am thinking about trading out Z. smith at some stage (with Petrie as backup), which leaves me with 5 players out of my forward line in that round. (Sandi, Pav, Sylvia, Tappscott, McKernan)
I guess the easy thing to do is to trade Tappscott and McKernan out and hope that I have no injuries..

I'm thinking of doing it the other way as I have 3 MPP in the back half and one in the midfield. This will even it out a little and give me a lot more flexibility.

Curnow > Jacobs
Grimes > Shaw/Enright/Adock

I have the cash to upgrade Grimes now so I may wait and pull teh trigger on the Curnow one.
I like it, gives you the flexibility and a player in the back half that will avg over 100, personally i'd go shaw.

My team at the moment:

B:gibbs, goddard, heppel, grimes, broughton, lower, smith(batchelor, stanley, puopolo)

M:pendles, swan, mitchell, cotchin. selwood, curnow(harris, bewick, iles)

R: cox, warnock(smith, dericx)

F: Franklin, fyfe, sylvia. goodes, jroo, roo, tapscott(darling, matera, knights)

I've got 325k in the kitty and 18 trades so im thinking of strengthening my backline and going grimes > shaw and b.smith > adcock.

then next week downgrading harris > i.smith and curnow > boyd/priddis OR with the money from harris upgrading knights > chappy, thoughts???

I like it, gives you the flexibility and a player in the back half that will avg over 100, personally i'd go shaw.

My team at the moment:

B:gibbs, goddard, heppel, grimes, broughton, lower, smith(batchelor, stanley, puopolo)

F: Franklin, fyfe, sylvia. goodes, jroo, roo, tapscott(darling, matera, knights)

I've got 325k in the kitty and 18 trades so im thinking of strengthening my backline and going grimes > shaw and b.smith > adcock.

then next week downgrading harris > i.smith and curnow > boyd/priddis OR with the money from harris upgrading knights > chappy, thoughts???

You look like you are in a top position and If I had to pick one of them I would probably choose knights to chappy while chappy is cheap. Although have you considered upgrading Warnock? He isn't in great form and could be dropped for Kruzer soon and that brings an extra 30 or 40 ppg where as if you upgrade one of your FWDs or MID's then you lose the ability to select one of the rookies each week that could score well against a weak team (for example this week Tapscott v NM). Just my thoughts.

This week looking at:
Grimes to Shaw
Darling to ROK

I understand that Darling still has a bit to grow, but ROK is cheap at the moment and playing Port Adelaide(i think?) and Darling is the only player I can afford to trade out to get both Shaw and him. This leaves me with no rookies on the field in the forward line, however next week I will downgrade a MID to I. Smith allowing me to transfer one of Chappy, ROK or Fyfe into the midfield each week. Thoughts?

My team at the moment:

shaw and adcock are both risky however i know where your coming from, theres not much in the backline this year. i also agree on waiting till next week for smith.
i like your midfield trades too. you get 2 new keepers and replace and injured player with 3 trades, not bad at all.
----------------------------
i am thinking of going

I have 23 trades but only 35k in the bank. sort of having a crack at overall so don't really wanna wait till next week to up grimes, even tho enright should go down.

Matera - Liam patrick (+155)
then either
grimes - enright (-60)

then next week

curnow - i smith (+215)
Swallow - Mundy (-approx 210k)

So i'd get two new cows, 100k, F/M MPP (which I don't have) and a keeper

I'd be tempted to upgrade pittard instead of swallow too as swallow may turn into a keeper but its more likely harris will be if i have to keep anyone.

I would keep swallow for now. Should be good for most games (barring injury) and good bench cover during Byes

Who would you trade in for Curnow upgrade?

Chris Judd and have $0 left

NDS (2K left)

Selwood (bye during finals, 4K left)

Watson (bye during GF, 5K left)

Sylvia (MPP, plus 60K left in the kitty)

Who would you trade in for Curnow upgrade?

Chris Judd and have $0 left

NDS (2K left)

Selwood (bye during finals, 4K left)

Watson (bye during GF, 5K left)

Sylvia (MPP, plus 60K left in the kitty)

:thumbsu:

couldnt find a better thread:

petrie v. smith (gold coast).

both on ruck bench. both worth good coin going up. petrie more valuable at the minute and likely to get me more coin. have mumford and sandi as key rucks. who goes first? think i will bring in bailey for hawks as presuming he will probably play later in year on fitness. Smith probably looking like a more consistent scorer? anyone else in this proposition?

couldnt find a better thread:

petrie v. smith (gold coast).

both on ruck bench. both worth good coin going up. petrie more valuable at the minute and likely to get me more coin. have mumford and sandi as key rucks. who goes first? think i will bring in bailey for hawks as presuming he will probably play later in year on fitness. Smith probably looking like a more consistent scorer? anyone else in this proposition?

Get J. Tippett in the forwards, switch Petrie there as a keeper and either keep or downgrade Z. Smith. Getting Tippett in is essentially an upgrade to a premium for 1 trade...

Get J. Tippett in the forwards, switch Petrie there as a keeper and either keep or downgrade Z. Smith. Getting Tippett in is essentially an upgrade to a premium for 1 trade...

Petrie a premium/keeper????? That's an interesting concept......

Petrie is not a premium and will not be in my side by the end of the year if I am going any good at all. three scores from five below 70. one massive one skewing his average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot to add that Judd also has a bye during the PF

He also is not playing this week, not helping me improve my score

Would love to get someone in this week

Selwood, Watson, Sylvia...

Selwood and Watson also have byes in the finals, though Selwood's is in the second week so if you're good enough you might miss it.
It’s tricky with finals byes, I’ve tried to avoid premo players from clubs with byes in these rounds (only premo I have with a bye in finals is bartel) but I’m finding its limiting my team selections a fair bit, eg I want rawlings but he has a bye in the first week of finals.

Petrie is not a premium and will not be in my side by the end of the year if I am going any good at all. three scores from five below 70. one massive one skewing his average.

Two hunges....ill take that. Is capable of big things

When would be the best time to bring in Goddard? I've got Grimes, but I can hold of a week or 2 if needs be. Or should I avoid altogether?

Selwood and Watson also have byes in the finals, though Selwood's is in the second week so if you're good enough you might miss it.
It’s tricky with finals byes, I’ve tried to avoid premo players from clubs with byes in these rounds (only premo I have with a bye in finals is bartel) but I’m finding its limiting my team selections a fair bit, eg I want rawlings but he has a bye in the first week of finals.

Yeah, i already have Bartel, so adding Selwood could be a mistake

Will go either Sylvia or NDS

now with harris our for 2, might have to offload him instead of Curnow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back