Need a bit of advice - starting team this week
Backs - Deledio, Heppell, Goddard, H.Shaw, Lower, Puopolo, Batchelor
EMG - Gibbs, Grimes, Toy
Mids - Pendlebury, J.Kennedy, J.Selwood, Liberatore, Pittard, D,Swallow
EMG - Curnow, Murphy, R.Bewick
Rucks - Sandilands, Cox, Smithm Derickk
Forwards - Franklin, Chapman, Riewoldt, Fyfe, Sylvia, Darling, Matera
EMG - Yarren, Krakouer, C.Richardson
Only have $52000 and really want a win this week. Hardly any MPP protection so ideally would love a Mid/Forward.
Help greatly appreciated.
E. Curnow (MID) -> I. Smith (FWD/MID) = $267,400
J. Grimes -> C. Newman
Maybe?

Re: Round 8 Trades

Pl
All depends if Scott Thompson plays? If he does and smith is selected then I prefer option 3

cheers for the reply. yeah he was quoted as saying he was expected to be fi for sunday's game..who would you go for in option 3?

Is Adcock worth picking up as a keeper? Or should I grab Enright instead?

Ill have enough since im going Curnow -> I.Smith for cash. Happy to pick up the best possible backline keeper I can and it looks like Adcock might be the one. But im very hesitant. :confused:
I don't think Adcock is worth the risk for less than 8ppg average extra. Just go with Enright :)

Not sure on which way to roll..

My team as is..

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grundy, GRIMES, Lower, Thompson (Batchelor, Toy, Puopolo)

Swan, Judd, Selwood, Thompson, Heppell, Harris (Swallow, CURNOW, Bewick)

Sandi, Cox (J Tip, Smith)

Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, N Roo, JRoo, Petrie, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Richardson)

obviously, Grimes and Curnow are the issue. Not sure how I want to go about it...

option 1 - 1 trade Grimes > 394k (Grima, Rawlings, Duffield, Murphy currently looking at)

option 2 - 2 trades Curnow > Smith & Grimes > Shaw/Adcock/Enright
then next week upgrade Swallow > 480-510k depending on Swallow

option 3 - Grimes bench, play a rookie trade Curnow > Smith & Swallow > Mundy/Pendlebury/Boyd

any ideas or suggestions??

How much do you have in the bank?

J. Grimes -> B. Jacobs (+$272,500) then swap D. Heppell with him to get him into the backline (because he is definitely a DEF keeper but not in the MID)
Then, I would probably do Curnow -> Mundy (-$214,000)
Net from the double trade would be $58,500 and you'd gain something like 40ppg.

Just a totally leftfield thought, but it's the trade I'm most likely going to do (but will swap Goddard into the backline rather than Heppell).

J. Grimes -> B. Jacobs (+$272,500) then swap D. Heppell with him to get him into the backline (because he is definitely a DEF keeper but not in the MID)

Just a totally leftfield thought, but it's the trade I'm most likely going to do (but will swap Goddard into the backline rather than Heppell).

And, next week you can do:
D. Swallow -> I. Smith (+$236,400)
D. Harris -> S. Pendlebury (-$196,400)
Net around 40ppg again and a projected $40K.

So your midfield will be: Swan, Mundy, Pendlebury, Judd, Selwood & Thompson (Smith, Jacobs, Bewick)!!!

cheers for the reply. yeah he was quoted as saying he was expected to be fi for sunday's game..who would you go for in option 3?
Tough choice, probably pendles, he's the rolls royce of the competition

I don't think Adcock is worth the risk for less than 8ppg average extra. Just go with Enright :)

I have bugger all cash (12k) but I like the thought you have. Jacobs has to play sooner or later. Been looking to get Heppell into the DEF since he is looking a good 7th back till later on.

EDIT Grimes > Jacobs + Heppell > DEF & Curnow > 600.2K mid.. hmm, tasty

Hmm. Got Grimes and Curnow, no idea what to do with them.

Team is:

Defenders Deledio Gibbs Heppell Grimes Broughton Lower Toy
Emergencies McKernan Puopolo Cripps
Midfielders Pendlebury Cotchin Goddard A.Swallow D.Swallow Selwood
Emergencies Curnow Harris Liberatore
Ruckmen Cox Sandilands
Emergencies Smith McCauley
Forwards Franklin Fyfe Sylvia Goodes Chapman Yarran Darling
Emergencies Tapscott Matera Pitt

$11,600 left.

Any ideas? I'm looking at upgrading Swallow to Swan/Watson soon - and I'm looking for a good replacement for Grimes (Shaw was my original premium defender coming in until Grimes got injured).

Is it worth downgrading Petrie to free up cash? He's always on the bench with Z. Smith while Sandi and Mummy are my starters. If so who to downgrade to, (minson?)

I have no MPP to swap petrie with....

thanks in advance, sorry if it's a dumb question, new to this SC caper but quite enjoying it.

Is it worth downgrading Petrie to free up cash? He's always on the bench with Z. Smith while Sandi and Mummy are my starters. If so who to downgrade to, (minson?)

I have no MPP to swap petrie with....

thanks in advance, sorry if it's a dumb question, new to this SC caper but quite enjoying it.
Could trade in Joel Tippet (GCS) for one of your rookie forwards buddy, swap Petrie to F7 and use the cash elsewhere. :thumbsu:

no trades/ 1 trade this week 18 left

rookies still have some ripening to do

might look at pittard > i.smith if he's named with rioli in the side too

next week hopefully libba > hibberd and prestia/krakouer > gun

Hmm. Got Grimes and Curnow, no idea what to do with them.

Team is:

Defenders Deledio Gibbs Heppell Grimes Broughton Lower Toy
Emergencies McKernan Puopolo Cripps
Midfielders Pendlebury Cotchin Goddard A.Swallow D.Swallow Selwood
Emergencies Curnow Harris Liberatore
Ruckmen Cox Sandilands
Emergencies Smith McCauley
Forwards Franklin Fyfe Sylvia Goodes Chapman Yarran Darling
Emergencies Tapscott Matera Pitt

$11,600 left.

Any ideas? I'm looking at upgrading Swallow to Swan/Watson soon - and I'm looking for a good replacement for Grimes (Shaw was my original premium defender coming in until Grimes got injured).
If I sound like a broken record, sorry, but I think this advice is perfect for anyone that has a DEF/MID in their midfield...
J. Grimes -> B. Jacobs (then Swap B. Jacobs and B. Goddard around)
E. Curnow -> D. Mundy

Next week:
D. Swallow -> I. Smith
D. Harris -> D. Swan

That's my trade plans right there ;)

If I sound like a broken record, sorry, but I think this advice is perfect for anyone that has a DEF/MID in their midfield...
E. Curnow -> D. Mundy

Next week:
D. Swallow -> I. Smith
D. Harris -> D. Swan

That's my trade plans right there ;)

Curnow could also become pavlich, $$$ pending of course and he is a mpp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curnow could also become pavlich, $$$ pending of course and he is a mpp

TBH, at this stage I wouldn't want any premium MPPs in my midfield because there are better scoring/value pure mids available. Go MPP through your rookie bench via Smith, Jacobs and Mzungu etc.

I would usually agree with that, but with byes I actually currently have one fwd/mid and one back/mid premium in my midfield. Just fits far better for my team that way.

I've had that so far, but over the next 3 rounds they're being replaced by rookies. Too much of a waste of a good back/forward in my midfield--one less that I can have there--plus there are better mids about. Not worth the points hit.

have got to do two trades this week

Thinking curnow to kerr,then going grimes to r murphy??

just my 2 cents, they seem to me to be unreliable players, personally (I've got grimes/curnow also) I'll be looking at going to 1 premium and 1 rookie. Kerr would be a steal if he turns it on though!

i really liked what i saw of Kerr on the weekend, and Murphy is really well priced for someone who's ave over 90 (i think)

i like both those trades, but its a ballsy move.

i really liked what i saw of Kerr on the weekend, and Murphy is really well priced for someone who's ave over 90 (i think)

i like both those trades, but its a ballsy move.
Totally agree. Kerr could be great, but is it worth the risk? That's the decision for every coach to decide.
Murphy is playing a different role this year and the scoring system change is also helping him. He'll definitely be good and is a great price for his average, whether it's worth spending another $50K+ for 10ppg+ is what's up for debate. The MPP DEF/FWD is also handy if you have McKernan, Hurley etc. at the other end of the ground.

doubt the scoring system change has effected him much hes always been pretty effective with his disposal, just his durability has been the major issue. it wouldnt surprise me if rocket moved him forward once easton wood is back and gilbee has some fitness as he is a link we are really missing as a lead up target. hes been moved forward for patches of games and while it shouldnt throw out his scoring in a massive way (eg. 2008 he was mid 90's at CHF) it would probably hurt a little

also he would be averaging about 100 if he hadnt of kicked the ball OOF late in the freo game (based on 3qt scores i think he was penalised approx 30pts)

E. Curnow -> D. Mundy

I'm thinking of doing it the other way as I have 3 MPP in the back half and one in the midfield. This will even it out a little and give me a lot more flexibility.

Curnow > Jacobs
Grimes > Shaw/Enright/Adock

I have the cash to upgrade Grimes now so I may wait and pull teh trigger on the Curnow one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back