2012 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Tiggies won't be the only club with a sash that we will be passing, let me give ya the drum! Last year, which was a record for us; we added about 10K in February. I don't know why that happens like that, but expect more of the same this year.

make sure you give me a ;) when you go flying past us.

Collingwood's figure hasn't been updated since 23/12/11, so my guess is it's now already approaching about 60,000 with 2 months still before the season opener.

The Tiggies won't be the only club with a sash that we will be passing, let me give ya the drum! Last year, which was a record for us; we added about 10K in February. I don't know why that happens like that, but expect more of the same this year.

The blues have failed to pass us in the years they've been back in the finals, you'd think its about time they passed us!

We're doing alright for a team that hasn't seen finals in almost 11 years.

If we just played finals, I think we'd have about 40k right now.

The blues have failed to pass us in the years they've been back in the finals, you'd think its about time they passed us!

We're doing alright for a team that hasn't seen finals in almost 11 years.

If we just played finals, I think we'd have about 40k right now.

See what you've done there is mistake him for a Hawks poster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure non-match day memberships or something like that weren't counted in the AFL's official count. Essendon passed the 50, 000 member mark but had 8000 or so as non match day members, members regardless

Richmond and Essendon both had 7/8,000 non ticketeds which explains Carlton being ahead of both on official audit numbers but quite a bit behind Richmond in terms of Membership revenue.

Essendon and Richmond are the only clubs with many thousands of uncounted members but its the revenue that counts and if unticketed are good for 700 grand or so then bring it on. As has often been pointed out of this board headline audited figures are really little more than a marketing tool.

Richmond and Essendon both had 7/8,000 non ticketeds which explains Carlton being ahead of both on official audit numbers but quite a bit behind Richmond in terms of Membership revenue.

Essendon and Richmond are the only clubs with many thousands of uncounted members but its the revenue that counts and if unticketed are good for 700 grand or so then bring it on. As has often been pointed out of this board headline audited figures are really little more than a marketing tool.

Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn probably have pretty much no non ticketed because they put 3 games on all country and interstate memberships

As of this year all members will be counted, both Essendon and Richmond were comfortably in front of Carlton last year if they had counted memberships this way, no delusion, no brown paper bags just simple fact.

People keep saying this, but no one can supply a link. Ive looked and I certainly cant find one.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=98326 doesnt mention the changes for the next year, and i cant find a reference anywhere

Even the revenue figures Richmond posters have submitted, show the figures as being very close. Not sure where the well ahead part comes in.

I haven't always been able to find Richmond's breakdown of membership vs game day receipts their annual report. Are their last few season readily available?

Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn probably have pretty much no non ticketed because they put 3 games on all country and interstate memberships

We have an At Home membership and Baby Blue membership as well. For the record our country/interstate memberships are 5 games, and so are Richmond's.

When I look at other clubs, I think Carlton could do more to offer more non-ticketed items, but they definitely are not stacking traditionally non-ticketed options with 3 games to boost their figures. Richmond have several non-ticketed items whereas Carlton have 2. Our membership reflects in our crowds so that is a good thing but I'm wondering if we should throw in some different types of merchandise and milk the membership dollar for all it is worth, or just let people buy merchandise online from the Carlton shop. I'm in two minds about this.

Some clubs also offer upgrades as separate memberships. Not sure if one person can be counted twice if they view it as a membership, not just an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back