2012 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but the Tigers have been dreadful for the better part of a quarter of a century.

Maybe something along the lines of;

" A finals appearance and see where we go from there"

Don't really think the membership tally is relevant these days. The main one is membership revenue & that is only released in the AR.

Hawthorn are a good example of a club fudging their membership tally given their poor ROI for membership revenue.

Don't really think the membership tally is relevant these days. The main one is membership revenue & that is only released in the AR.

Hawthorn are a good example of a club fudging their membership tally given their poor ROI for membership revenue.

You obviously haven't read the last 25 posts in this thread have you. At least add more subtlety to your trolls, and don't try and troll something that has been discussed, explained and resolved in the last page and a half. You suck at this :mad::thumbsdown:

Yeah GA for the G usually ends up being level 4 right up the back in big games :(

At the 'Gabba it's behind the goals :D don't know why anyone would in their right mind pay extra to "upgrade" to a reserved seat (Unless if getting September Membership).

At the 'Gabba it's behind the goals :D don't know why anyone would in their right mind pay extra to "upgrade" to a reserved seat (Unless if getting September Membership).

Lucky bastards ;) Level 2 at the G, is so much better than ground level. Well worth the extra imo.

Yes but the Tigers have been dreadful for the better part of a quarter of a century.

When your team wins even one grand final, then you can trash talk real clubs.

We still wont care, but we'll listen without too much laughter.

Lucky bastards ;) Level 2 at the G, is so much better than ground level. Well worth the extra imo.

Never sat Level 2 at the 'Gabba only top or bottom. Level 2 at the 'Gabba is mostly corporate boxes.

I'm just gob smacked that this has been posted by a docker supporter.

I'm gobsmacked that you're gobsmacked :confused: Why is it even relevant? Can't remember our CEO coming out with unrealistic claims of reaching 75k members?

Seriously do better than "huurrr durrr Dockers supporter!!"

well considering at the time we had 100k ex members that had not renewed on file it wasnt that a unrealistic goal. you never know we will just see wont we.

It's got nothing to do with Fremantle, this is related to the personal imperfections of the poster, who seems to be quite out of touch with how ambitious objectives work in the real business world.

up to 22287 today...

flying along nicely.

ignore the digs from the freo fanatic...

i mean... do i need to even bother?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish.

Pure numbers are vitally important - it means more people have a connection to the club and it's sponsors.
Our huge numbers are a reason why we have two major sponsors (Tas Govt & HSBC Bank). HSBC pay more to us than some primary sponsors pay smaller clubs - they have access to and a connection with our 60,000 members - so the RIO is actually very good.
This more than compensates for our low revenue to membership ratio (due to Tassie) and it is why we have been the most profitable Vic club over the last 10 years.

Memberships build an ongoing relationship between the club and members, and leads to financial stability. Hawthorn has had the most stable Vic membership base in the AFL the last 15 years and it is why we are so strong.

Financial strength is important only if it helps you win premierships.
The lesser Vic clubs are only catching up now to Hawthorn and Collingwood who both built league leading training facilities last decade.

If North/Dogs/Port can't even get half as many members as the strong clubs, they will need to find other ways to bring in revenue or they will find it harder and harder to keep up.

I'm gobsmacked that you're gobsmacked :confused: Why is it even relevant? Can't remember our CEO coming out with unrealistic claims of reaching 75k members?

We will get 75 in the next few years.

Putting aside club rivalries, I reckon the issue of comparing apples with apples is a relevant one.

- Clubs price their memberships at different levels
- Clubs may sell more or fewer "seats" (i.e. 3 game memberships, 11 game, 16 game)
- Clubs may provide memberships to sponsors as a part of their sponsorship arrangement
- Some clubs put caps on their membership, others don't

With factors like this, its impossible to make a fair comparison.

Personally I'm in favour of a switch to dollars raised, just because factors like 3 games versus 11 get factored into pricing, and clubs who give away memberships to corporates to boost numbers will not benefit

its a minor point, but an important one - Gale NEVER claimed we would have 75k members, and never promised 75k members. He made it a tough goal for the club to aim to achieve.

Rationale was we could aim for an easier target (i.e. 55k) and achieving this would be much easier, and we would all get to pat ourselves on the back. However this would just keep the club in the middle of the pack, barely "keeping up with the Jones's".

The 75k number was picked for 2 reasons. One it is what we will need to truly be competitive with the monster clubs, and two based upon our historical retention rates and membership base it is achievable if the improvement in our club continues.

Its a tough target, and odds are against us making it. That being said though, I'd rather the club risk failure in aiming for the top, than playing it safe and being content to be mediocre.

75 thousand members....

Love the optimism and good on him for trying.
People laughed at Hawthorn's plan for 50,000 members.

Richmond have the capability to get there, it'll simply be a case of success and marketing.

20,100 for the dees, up on last year marginally.

People laughed at Hawthorn's plan for 50,000 members.

Richmond have the capability to get there, it'll simply be a case of success and marketing.

I remember Demetriou saying that the aim was to get to 1 million members by 2016. With 18 clubs that's an average of around 55k per team. Obviously the aim is for clubs like Richmond, Essendon, Hawthorn and Carlton to push into the 70k mark within the next five years. As they should.

SN_280px.jpg

Hawks flying. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back