NFL 2012 NFL - Week 6

Remove this Banner Ad

GG- if you make me a mod for the day I'll clear out this internet game league nonsense, and you dont have to get red card residue on your hands. Serious. They're ****ing up our board, thats my exclusive right.

Wow, came into the week 6 thread and they rumbled and turned it into an English lesson.

Sad, but it was probably more interesting than contemplating KC with B Quinn in control :(

WTF is going on in this thread. We already have like 500 threads about 'AE', can't we keep that there. And whatever other angst is going on.

Ryan Williams out for the season, but we can't run anyway. Maybe Buffalo's terrible defense will give our anemic offense a shot, our defense should handle Fitzpatrick alright.

Ryan Williams out for the season, but we can't run anyway. Maybe Buffalo's terrible defense will give our anemic offense a shot, our defense should handle Fitzpatrick alright.

Is Beanie coming back? He's not on full season IR is he?

WTF is going on in this thread. We already have like 500 threads about 'AE', can't we keep that there. And whatever other angst is going on.

What a match up, Arizona's O line v Buffalo's pass rush

Dont fight guys, you're bringing me down...
and I just got tickets to Oklahoma v TCU and Philly v NYG.
Hopefully Pachall is back soon!
Will make that an amazing weekend rather than just great.

Dont fight guys, you're bringing me down...
and I just got tickets to Oklahoma v TCU and Philly v NYG.

I miss that Eagles v Giants game by 3 days :(

Will be East Coast first week of playoffs though. Praying for a home game on that side of the country

I miss that Eagles v Giants game by 3 days :(

Will be East Coast first week of playoffs though. Praying for a home game on that side of the country
Yeah same, wondering how hard it will be to get tickets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the "you can't make this stuff up" file

Here's Sanchez' QB stats for the season

77 of 159, 48.4%, 1043 yards, 6 TDs, 6 Ints, Long 66 yards, Yards per attempt 6.6, QB Rating 66.6

and that's after playing in game 666 of MNF!

Tebow time - just to keep the Sanchez stats the way they are

From the "you can't make this stuff up" file

Here's Sanchez' QB stats for the season

77 of 159, 48.4%, 1043 yards, 6 TDs, 6 Ints, Long 66 yards, Yards per attempt 6.6, QB Rating 66.6

and that's after playing in game 666 of MNF!

Tebow time - just to keep the Sanchez stats the way they are
Wow very freaky. I also remember that Broncos game last year, when all sorts of weird stuff was happening on the field. Like, the kick-off that hit the cross bar and stopped perfectly right in the middle of the 20 yard line. Wasn't there also a game (could've been the same one) where Tebow's stats were all like the John 3:16 thing?

Week 6 Predictions

Pittsburgh at Tennessee Can someone please explain to me why Tennessee got rid of Jeff Fisher? How are the Titans going to score points? Hasselbeck is your QB, Chris Johnson is an offensive non-entity and there is no longer a Plan B at the position with Johnson’s primary backup going down with a season ending injury. The Steelers aren’t exactly setting the world on fire at the moment but it ain’t really going to matter.

Cincinnatiat Cleveland 3rd and 1, Browns in possession, leading 17-10 against the reigning SB Champs and you have Trent Richardson in your backfield. What would you do? That’s right. Put it in the hands of your rookie QB who promptly throws a cover your eyes intercept and the Giants are back in the game. Cleveland sports fans deserve better.

Dallas at Baltimore There more runs scored in most of the MLB divisional playoff games this week than were scored in the Ravens/Chiefs contest despite the Chiefs turning the ball over regularly. This week the Ravens will get another opportunity to force turnovers but they will need to do more with the ball on offense as Romo is marginally better than Cassell, with or without Dez Bryant.

Detroit at Philadelphia For anyone who loves watching the sort of football games that the football purists frown upon, then this is the marquee matchup of the week. Detroit isn’t very good against the run so Reid will go in with a game plan that puts the ball in Vick’s hands who returned to his turnover ways last week. I normally take a rest break when the punting teams come out to make sure I’m back in front of the TV by the time of the change of possession takes place. I might need a fighter pilot style “piss bag” for this game.

Indianapolis at New York Jets The Colts won one for the Gippa last week and should start warm favorites against a Jets team who, whilst gallant in defeat last week, still managed to produce enough bone-headed plays to shoot themselves in the foot. Having said that, Sanchez normally produces an above average performance in order to save his job under these sort of circumstances.

Kansas City at Tampa Bay The Chiefs fans didn’t hide their excitement about the prospect of Brady Quinn starting soon for their team last week. This is as clear an indication that he will soon be the starter in KC as was seeing his predecessor carried off unconscious on a stretcher.

Oakland at Atlanta Right now the NFC Championship goes through Atlanta and there hasn’t been so much positive outlook in Atlanta since the Dirty Bird was in vogue. Whilst I think they are the pick of the NFC at the moment, I’m still not 100% sold on them in the playoffs. As the Braves proved yet again this week, Atlanta teams have a habit of whiffing in the post season.

St. Louis at Miami The last time the Rams had a winning season, the US Army still deployed MASH units. Given the way the NFC West are developing their respective defenses the league may ask the US Government to bring them out of retirement. Bradshaw has lost his favorite target and the Miami are playing better than their record indicates so St Louis will most likely have to wait at least another week before they record their first away win for the season.

Buffalo at Arizona Ken Whisenhunt is going to make sure there is no controversy in Arizona by having his offensive line get Kevin Kolb killed long before anyone can say “you can’t lose your starting job to injury” (actually that’s pretty long). On the other hand that would require the opposing defense to manage to lay a hand on Kolb in the first place, something the Bills defensive line have been remarkably inept at doing so far this season.

New England at Seattle All of a sudden the Pats are running on a few teams and the talking heads are proclaiming a return to traditional ground and pound. I’d like to see them go up against a defense that can actually stop the run and the Seahawks just might be that team.

Minnesota at Washington From now on, I will only refer to Washington as the Hogs, condemning their other nickname to the space reserved to other outdated, politically incorrect icons like golliwogs, Christmas and boob tubes. One thing that remains in vogue though is the Vikes approach to football…old school, keep it simple, execute well and don’t make mistakes. The Hogs win only because they have to break their home losing streak sometime, right?

New York Giants at San Francisco Apparently, the 49ers have had this date circled since the schedules came out, proclaiming it a redemption match up based upon some game played last year, that personally, I can’t recall. Noting the franchise record setting offensive numbers put up by the 49ers last week, the Giants have gone on record stating they don’t fear a shoot out with SF. That’s cool, no one else is fearing one either.

Green Bay at Houston JJ Watts is putting up a very strong case for being the league’s MVP right now. He reminds me of the 49ers’ own defensive wrecking ball, Justin Smith, as they have similar engines, only he’s more disruptive, and younger, and faster, and bigger. I can see now why the Texan’s defense is so good, I mean Watts is basically a sight screen on his side of the line. However, it must be a bit worrying that on MNF, if Sanchez actually got the ball beyond the line of scrimmage it was being caught by Jets receivers pretty regularly.

Denver at San Diego It’s only Week 6 but the AFC West champion will be decided by this contest. Since I’m predicting a Bronco win can we then fire Norv Turner on Tuesday? Nonetheless, this should be a pretty good game provided someone can play offensive tackle for the Chargers otherwise Von Miller may set a single game sack record

Well what do you know, a post in a thread named NFL - Week 6 being on NFL - Week 6.

Nice work there Brasher :D

Tough game for the pats up in the Pacific north west. If the real Seahawks turn up we could be in for a torrid evening. Arguably the leagues best defence going up against one of the best attacks in the game, I'm not going to predict a classic game but it should be a good contest. Going to have to play at our best to get anything from this one.

Just been checking to see if Fox Sports have updated the guide yet for Monday morning. Still nothing. Hopefully the Cowboys are on.

Week 6 Predictions

St. Louis at Miami The last time the Rams had a winning season, the US Army still deployed MASH units. Given the way the NFC West are developing their respective defenses the league may ask the US Government to bring them out of retirement. Bradshaw has lost his favorite target and the Miami are playing better than their record indicates so St Louis will most likely have to wait at least another week before they record their first away win for the season.

How is Bradshaw relevant to this game?

Huge game for the Vikings in Washington this week. They'll probably go into the game as underdogs and I don't see a lot separating them by the end of the game. I've been impressed with the Vikings coaching this year, and I'm sure they're going to need to execute a perfect game plan to beat the 'Skins

I took your advice last week and took Tennessee to cover the spread last week, no way I'm makng that same mistake again. :p

RG3 coming off a concussion and borderline whether he'll play or not (you'd have to think he won't play) - I'm taking Viking's this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2012 NFL - Week 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back