2012 Player/s X v Player/s Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my thinking re Risk/Reward. The reward for a fit Barlow + Lake could average 220+ weekly for an outlay of around 700k initially. Right now, i'm paying 1.3m+, so if it comes off, all is good.

That 66k gets be Marty Clarke or Paul Bower in D7, and that could also be huge if Clarke gets into a firing Pies' 22.

Selwood + Dangerfield. Selwood you get it done weekly. Chappy not so, and Dangerfield should be better in a tougher side.

I agree, Selwood should have a great year and i think Dangerfield can average 90+.

This is to complete my midfield and my side, can not decide on 2 premiums for my midfield.

Options are:

Murphy + Selwood

Dal Santo + Selwood

Thompson/Rocklif + Selwood/Swan

This is to complete my midfield and my side, can not decide on 2 premiums for my midfield.

Options are:

Murphy + Selwood

Dal Santo + Selwood

Thompson/Rocklif + Selwood/Swan

Murphy and Selwood were my combo before i went risky and went Barlow/Selwood. I would go that first.

Had a 5 mid combo including Dal Santo, Murphy and Selwood also a few days ago, so i rate them all, but i rate Dal a little lower than Murph.

Thompson will rock the first 6 weeks, but will eventually get upgraded, so that's why i left him out. Ditto Rockliff.

So in summary ;)

Murphy/Selwood
Dalsanto/Selwood
Thompson/Swan
Thompson/Selwood
Rockliff/Swan
Rockliff/Selwood
Thompson/Rockliff.

that order

Murphy and Selwood were my combo before i went risky and went Barlow/Selwood. I would go that first.

Had a 5 mid combo including Dal Santo, Murphy and Selwood also a few days ago, so i rate them all, but i rate Dal a little lower than Murph.

Thompson will rock the first 6 weeks, but will eventually get upgraded, so that's why i left him out. Ditto Rockliff.

So in summary ;)

Murphy/Selwood
Dalsanto/Selwood
Thompson/Swan
Thompson/Selwood
Rockliff/Swan
Rockliff/Selwood
Thompson/Rockliff.

that order

Cheers, that was my thinking - same with Thompson, will bring in Swan and Dal during the season

Selwood.

Not your typical X vs Y question but:

14 premiums vs 13 premiums and 1 or 2 mid-pricers (e.g. Lake, Hargrave, Malceski, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, etc.)?

Have been trying to figure the same thing as well. Currently have the 13 and 1 mid pricer - Lake. When I had 14 premium approach the premiums were good but not the best. With the 13 premium approach I reckon I have the best premiums with the cheapest being dusty martin 536,200. :thumbsu:

Coniglio vs Wingard?

Selwood.

Not your typical X vs Y question but:

14 premiums vs 13 premiums and 1 or 2 mid-pricers (e.g. Lake, Hargrave, Malceski, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, etc.)?

I started on 14 premiums. Then went to 13/1. Now at 12/3.

I've got Michael Barlow in the mid pricers.

Have been trying to figure the same thing as well. Currently have the 13 and 1 mid pricer - Lake. When I had 14 premium approach the premiums were good but not the best. With the 13 premium approach I reckon I have the best premiums with the cheapest being dusty martin 536,200. :thumbsu:

Coniglio vs Wingard?

I'd go with Coniglio even though he's more expensive. Wingard is a bit slender and apparently needs to work on his endurance.

I currently have 14 premiums with the cheapest being Broughton at $502,000 who I believe will be a steal if he plays through the midfield. Decisions, decisions.

Of my 12 Premiums, the cheapest is Birchall at 509. Still unsure if Birchall is worth it. Might drop Marty Clarke to rookie, and upgrade Birch to Goddard.

Would give me backline of:

Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Bugg (Morris, Ellis/Spurr/Darley etc etc)

Still think that Birchall + Clarke + 12k > Goddard + Rookie + 0k

Of my 12 Premiums, the cheapest is Birchall at 509. Still unsure if Birchall is worth it. Might drop Marty Clarke to rookie, and upgrade Birch to Goddard.

Would give me backline of:

Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Bugg (Morris, Ellis/Spurr/Darley etc etc)

Still think that Birchall + Clarke + 12k > Goddard + Rookie + 0k

My backline is currently:

Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Ellis, Bugg (Smedts, Darley)

Can't decide if I would rather your backline (with Malceski and Lake instead of Broughton) or mine.

My backline is currently:

Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Ellis, Bugg (Smedts, Darley)

Can't decide if I would rather your backline (with Malceski and Lake instead of Broughton) or mine.

My backline is hugely risky. Malceski and Lake could bust. But if they manage 18+ games, i'd be expecting to have D7/8 and maybe 9 by the business end of the season, which is huge depth. I always go poor being conservative, so i may take a punt on these two.

Otherwise, the conservative defence of:

Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Bugg, Morris (Spurr, Ellis)

could give me solid 20+ games but less depth with more trades used later on.

My backline is hugely risky. Malceski and Lake could bust. But if they manage 18+ games, i'd be expecting to have D7/8 and maybe 9 by the business end of the season, which is huge depth. I always go poor being conservative, so i may take a punt on these two.

Otherwise, the conservative defence of:

Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Bugg, Morris (Spurr, Ellis)

could give me solid 20+ games but less depth with more trades used later on.

I really like that conservative defence looks bloody good on paper/computer screen. Have you considered Broughton?

I need help on 2 counts:

Firstly who should be my 4th defender? At the moment I have Goddard, Deledio, Broughton. Can afford anyone!

Also Need a 3rd Mid. At the moment have Ablett, Pendelbury and Murphy.
Ablett and Pendles are locked but not convinced on Murphy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shaw for 4th Defender. Will hopefully play 22. Great scorer.

3rd Mid....Selwood. I'm biased, cos he's awesome.

F5 porpoise m4 caddy m5 coniglio

VERSUS f5 jack rewoldt and m4/5 low rookies on field say miles and shiel

Thoughts on either Marty Clarke v Brian lake??

I have both. Marty is a pie favourite. Love the way he runs hard, goes hard...reminds me of Heath shaw lite. $170k, that's decent rookie money and he will play 18+ games.

Lake looks good. Back to his old ways re reading the ball...just not the positioning and rebounding yet. Historically starts slow, then booms. I will be expecting a month 60/80 odd then the 120's will come.

I have both

Danger for me. I think he'll have more opportunities to 'get' points in the crows team and more likely to average over 100 of the two...but who knows, Collingwood will obviously win more games so.. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back