Player Sponsorship 2012 Travis Varcoe sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Travis Varcoe Sponsorship 2012 Pledges Open

As I've said for the last 2 years. I'm not about to take someones Varcoe spot when they've been supporting him from the start.

I don't care if it's first in first served. It's not how I roll.

However, if you can point us to who this second person may be I'll join in.
Also, is there any chance we could drop the big footy logo from being beside his name at games at Simmonds ! How tacky.

It might be handy to know if there is a deadline for payments? I am keen to contribute $50 but it may be hard to have the money handy before Christmas. If money will be accepted a couple of weeks after Christmas, count me in.

I'll pledge $100. To clarify: use paypal to send the money to chief@bigfooty and simply note that it's for the Varcoe sponsorship?

I guess i'll go round again, put me down for $50

As I've said for the last 2 years. I'm not about to take someones Varcoe spot when they've been supporting him from the start.

I don't care if it's first in first served. It's not how I roll.

Also, is there any chance we could drop the big footy logo from being beside his name at games at Simmonds ! How tacky.
BigFooty organises the sponsorship and also donates to it. It also donates BFSC memberships to every donor. I think it's fair enough that it is recognised as a result. Also I am sure many people are quite proud to be collectively noted in such a way.

Also as for 'taking someone's spot', every year we require new donors, so if you are willing to help we are more than happy to have you.

I'm very happy to go in again with Travis in 2012 and pony up the $50.

It'll take me a few days to transfer money into and through my paypal account, but I'm definitely in-I'll let you know when it's done.

Happy to try and find a bit more if we end up sponsoring a second player as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome that it is up again....

This would be me putting the $$ where the mouth is..

Im in for $100.00

Thanks

Go Catters

updated: $$ sent thru paypal...

Thanks for your post that is a good question.

We will have to pay for Trav by Feb 2012 so if you want to be in the first round of prize draws then you need to pony up by then.

There will also be some prize draws later in the season for those that sign up after the feb deadline. But those who sign up and pay before feb 2012 will be in both draws.

Thanks for clarifying - count me in for $50.

BigFooty organises the sponsorship and also donates to it. It also donates BFSC memberships to every donor. I think it's fair enough that it is recognised as a result. Also I am sure many people are quite proud to be collectively noted in such a way.

Also as for 'taking someone's spot', every year we require new donors, so if you are willing to help we are more than happy to have you.

1/ Fair enough

2/ It just always seemed to me that if you'd been a sponsor that you should probably get right of refusal to renew via PM before it goes on the board.

i.e. "private messages have been sent and there are 7 spots at $50 each up for grabs this year. First in first served" especially as it's the off season and a lot of the usual contributors may not read the board daily.

Having said that I'm sure that in the early days it was difficult to get people to contribute so you had to just open it right up.

3/ I'm in for $50 then.

4/ is there a way to pay other than paypal?

1/ Fair enough

2/ It just always seemed to me that if you'd been a sponsor that you should probably get right of refusal to renew via PM before it goes on the board.

i.e. "private messages have been sent and there are 7 spots at $50 each up for grabs this year. First in first served" especially as it's the off season and a lot of the usual contributors may not read the board daily.

Having said that I'm sure that in the early days it was difficult to get people to contribute so you had to just open it right up.

3/ I'm in for $50 then.

4/ is there a way to pay other than paypal?

Onya VC!

A group of us sponsor a Player of the Future. Never easy to get the numbers though.

As I've said for the last 2 years. I'm not about to take someone's Varcoe spot when they've been supporting him from the start.

Ditto. Love Trav, but will stand in the queue while those who've been there from the get-go (or at least, in it before) get first dibs.

And am happy to support any other player instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back