List Mgmt. 2013 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - Finalised

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish people would stop throwing up names of key position players as rookie suggestions. Name one kp rookie we've had that has made it at AFL level? Jai Sheehan and Leigh Williams were our last 2.

I'm all for rookie listing a ruckman, plus I'd prefer to rookie a mature aged mid and a small forward.

I don't think anyone is implying we'll pick up a superstar in the rookie draft, more that we might need some KPD depth and picking up a mature aged rookie on the cheap would be a cost effective way of doing that. I think it's a reasonable plan, same with getting a ruck on the RL too. Although we have decent depth on paper Jamar is much more injury prone these days and Gawn and Spencer have both had their troubles in the past and neither has really cemented a spot in the 22. Fitzy is more forward than ruck I feel (although I don't think he's ever had a consistent run in the ruck, so who knows).

I don't think anyone is implying we'll pick up a superstar in the rookie draft, more that we might need some KPD depth and picking up a mature aged rookie on the cheap would be a cost effective way of doing that. I think it's a reasonable plan, same with getting a ruck on the RL too. Although we have decent depth on paper Jamar is much more injury prone these days and Gawn and Spencer have both had their troubles in the past and neither has really cemented a spot in the 22. Fitzy is more forward than ruck I feel (although I don't think he's ever had a consistent run in the ruck, so who knows).
I agree with what you've said about rookie listing a ruckman because they take the longest time to develop. But you don't rookie a KPD for the purposes of depth. Either they're capable of being an AFL player or not, and the rookie history shows that very few if any KPPs come through the rookie draft.

We have 3 capable KPD's, and if any of them go down, we'd use Dunn, Pederson or even Hogan, Watts or Howe as a stop gap. We had Gillies and Davis for depth, and what a waste of list spots they were.

I agree with what you've said about rookie listing a ruckman because they take the longest time to develop. But you don't rookie a KPD for the purposes of depth. Either they're capable of being an AFL player or not, and the rookie history shows that very few if any KPPs come through the rookie draft.

We have 3 capable KPD's, and if any of them go down, we'd use Dunn, Pederson or even Hogan, Watts or Howe as a stop gap. We had Gillies and Davis for depth, and what a waste of list spots they were.

Difference being they were on the senior/primary list & not the rookie list as suggested

Magner on SEN once again today to discuss why no one likes him. I don't think I've ever seen a vfl player who got a cameo in the worst midfield going round get so much media attention after he was delisted. Back to building freeways I guess.

Magner on SEN once again today to discuss why no one likes him. I don't think I've ever seen a vfl player who got a cameo in the worst midfield going round get so much media attention after he was delisted. Back to building freeways I guess.

He needs to give himself a boost by going on the MFC Facebook page.

Reminiscent of Chris Johnson after getting the arse from Carlton.

Have the new guys been given numbers yet? If not I hope Christian Salem gets 3 as he dose a bit of Hairy Garry about him.

chrstian-salem-620x370.jpg
images

:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the new guys been given numbers yet? If not I hope Christian Salem gets 3 as he dose a bit of Hairy Garry about him.

Footy Show gag writers currently ordering a crate of champagne for the first edition next year. If he could bust his leg theatrically they might win a logie.

Have Melbourne picked up any of the American talls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back