List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

one from left field. can't really see carlton wanting to trade out their captain. could help both parties if charlie became less injury prone. hypotheticals are always fun to mess around with though haha.

Hypotheticals can also be a bitch when every man and his dog come along with all sorts of crazy offers.
Clubs won't play to lose through trading and especially so for those that are contracted........so:

Offers aside and a genuine question:
What is the situation with Day?
I know he's young and all that but from outside it does seem as some have usurped him for the key forward post.
No secret that Carlton will be gunning all out for a KPF and that Day may be in their sights. Any chance?

No secret that Carlton will be gunning all out for a KPF and that Day may be in their sights. Any chance?
He's contracted until the end of 2016 from memory, but I've got no doubt the club would be willing to get rid of him for the right price. As for what that price is, I couldn't tell you!

Purely hypothetical as I've noticed you blokes looking mention the need for a ruckman, but what would you give up for Minson?

Speaking from a Bulldogs POV, we'd be looking for a KPF to support Boyd, a KPD to allow Roughead to take on different roles and support Talia or an outside mid with a bit of pace and good foot skills.

He's contracted until the end of 2016 from memory, but I've got no doubt the club would be willing to get rid of him for the right price. As for what that price is, I couldn't tell you!

I guess no-one knows, but from outside looking in (and this hasn't come about in the past couple of weeks) it seems as though that your list is a little out of balance. Not quite of the 2012 Carlton out of balance, but unbalanced nonetheless.

I feel you could easily afford losing a few highly regarded talls to get some real grunt through the middle.
May not be telling you something you don't know and I'm not even sure Carlton could accommodate but Day may be looked at by more than one club.

I'm sure Day will be shopped around at the end of the year, and available for the right price, but I have no idea what the club would be asking for him.

I guess that may depend on whether he nominates a destiny and whether he is afforded the opportunity to play seniors after now potentially missing 6 further games. That's half a year gone already.

You'd think given just how aggressively Carlton needs to go for a KPF that overs may just come about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong found mumford in the bushleague.. And weighing like 130kg
They rookied him.. He lost weight.. Had a standout year then Sydney came and offered him 500k for 4 years. The rest is history.
Id rather find a decent ruckman from the bush then some ruckman who cant get a game at his own AFL club and pay overs!!

Geelong found mumford in the bushleague.. And weighing like 130kg
They rookied him.. He lost weight.. Had a standout year then Sydney came and offered him 500k for 4 years. The rest is history.
Id rather find a decent ruckman from the bush then some ruckman who cant get a game at his own AFL club and pay overs!!
hickey? :p:p

If we were to get a pick in the top 4 or so. I would really consider trading it for a top quality player or players in a position we need.

Why don't we use it on a flashy 17yo outside mid from the TAC Cup that tears opponents a new arseh*le every week in a non contact sort of a way?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back