List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hilarious you listed Gunno in the same group as those other up and up an comers, well Sicily yeah but the other 2 really haven't proven anything yet.
To be fair his "up and comers" was within the context of his previous sentence "legends of the game". If anything his post potentially over-valued some of those listed as being "up and coming legends of the game". Note his other posts on Gunner (in this thread). Have a feeling S2001 has a fair bit of respect for Gunner. :)

How much of these rumours going around are actually accurate? I've heard over night we are into Prestia again aswell as Tom Mitchell.
And this morning on SEN I've heard that Fremantle might accomodate a trade between Hill and Mayne?
Which one if any of these trades are actually believable?
Prestia would be awesome.

Re Freo rumour - not much of a rumour given Hawthorn's reaction would likely be:

"Tell him he's dreaming"

Its bloody difficult because nobody will ever be a Hodge Mitchell and Burgoyne combo....How the hell do you replace that.
Same nightmare scenario as when we had to replace Leigh Matthews, Peter Knights and Kelvin Moore. Took a long time to recover from that as well.

Is there any player on the market that hasn't been linked to us? The club seems to be happy to throw it's name around to anyone looking to move on. Smokescreen?

At the end of the day, no one is any closer to knowing what they are thinking.
My guess is the media have actually cottoned on to a player Hawthorn is after (if you throw a net big enough...).

Hence, we confuse the issue by letting every player be linked to us, then no one really knows for sure what's going on.

How many years after Buddy left are we going to be talking about having a Buddy war chest? It's a complete furphy.

Maybe not a complete furphy. Several players were paid extra when we realised Buddy was leaving, essentially 'front-ending' their contracts. Guys like Hodge, Mitchell, etc are now paying the club back by playing for less than their value in their later years.

How many years after Buddy left are we going to be talking about having a Buddy war chest? It's a complete furphy.
We offered bud over 1m a year. We brought Frawley in.

There is cash left and older players taking less.

I think we waited for a time like this, hoping we wouldn't drop too far. I think 2 is realistic. 3+ is a struggle, but we could possibly get 2 players from Freo to add in.

It was a looong pre-season heading into 1986. :p A lot of angst as to where we'd be, but that little light at the end of the tunnel was the new kid in J. Platten. :thumbsu:
If ever you get a chance to read Dipper's account of the day after the 85 GF, please do. He basically got out of bed and ran for hours until he couldn't run anymore so he could feel the hurt.

Please add Stewart (GWS),Vickery(Tigers)
And TMac (Dee's)
Ted Richards to announce his retirement today
Swans to throw the kitchen sink at TMac, especially as Rohan is also a chance to leave for Geelong

Motlop on the way out of Geelong also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much of these rumours going around are actually accurate? I've heard over night we are into Prestia again aswell as Tom Mitchell.
And this morning on SEN I've heard that Fremantle might accomodate a trade between Hill and Mayne?

A : Whoever said that can go and get stuffed.
B: We're going to accommodate a trade with a free agent in Mayne....... The frustration of listening to morons speak, I'm living a much happier life now that i've switched off SEN.

Ha Mayne, what possible reason would Hawthorn want that dud.

We'd still be in need of a larger mid type in the 185+ variety

Tom Mitchell Prestia Lewis Rioli Shiels Breust hopefully Langford and JOR can improve

Its bloody difficult because nobody will ever be a Hodge Mitchell and Burgoyne combo....How the hell do you replace that.

The hardest thing to replace in that combo is the leadership and outright footy smarts that reside within Hodge, Mitch and Burger. Hodge is a captain of a generation. Mitchell is the best extractor since Diesel and probably one of the smartest players to play the game and Burgoyne is still the absolute best clearance player I have seen. They are all once in a generation players for what they do.
Prestia and Mitchell (Tom) could well be better at elements of play than all three of the mentioned players but they would add up to 50% of what we get from Hodge, mitch and Burgers

Ted Richards to announce his retirement today
Swans to throw the kitchen sink at TMac, especially as Rohan is also a chance to leave for Geelong

Motlop on the way out of Geelong also
Hawks need ta get to work on Brand then as sharks are circling the out of contract KPD .

Prestia and Mitchell (Tom) could well be better at elements of play than all three of the mentioned players but they would add up to 50% of what we get from Hodge, mitch and Burgers

So if first tier ball winning mids like the two you've mentioned only give us 50% of our venerable trio, what do Langers/Shiels/O'rourke add up to? :huh:

And I thought I was worried about our mid stocks before...:p

I find it hilarious you listed Gunno in the same group as those other up and up an comers, well Sicily yeah but the other 2 really haven't proven anything yet.

To be fair his "up and comers" was within the context of his previous sentence "legends of the game". If anything his post potentially over-valued some of those listed as being "up and coming legends of the game". Note his other posts on Gunner (in this thread). Have a feeling S2001 has a fair bit of respect for Gunner. :)

what O'Rourke Awakens said.

So if first tier ball winning mids like the two you've mentioned only give us 50% of our venerable trio, what do Langers/Shiels/O'rourke add up to? :huh:

And I thought I was worried about our mid stocks before...:p
And we need to be a bit worried. We are going to lose 3 absolute stars and once in a lifetime type players within 2 - 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back