Preview 2017 First Elimination Final Ports vs West Coast Eagles, AKA The Perth Stadium Penguins

Remove this Banner Ad

Sportsbet has us at $1.47 for the win and WCE at $2.75 for the win. I couldn't resist WCE at those odds, ridiculous!

Serious question: Is it just me or do we seem to play better at the beginning and end of the season, and struggle somewhat in the middle? Just seems to have been that way during the Hinkley era.
In prior years we have patches were we would win 5 then lose 5. This year we haven't been able to string any together, maybe this is the start of the winning streak we haven't had yet.

They are just an awful mob of supporters.

Reading their board this week I have discovered that the majority of them believe they are dead set certainties to win this weekend, they have an irrational hatred of Chad Wingard, and also some weird superiority complex over the actual city of Adelaide that keeps coming out for no apparent reason.

It's a WA thing

b1a8a121394270881a5c114ee2f56e1a

So what is everyone's expectation, benchmark for Marshall this week? What keeps him in next week if we are to win against West Coast?

West Coast are a tough defensive side, especially at Adelaide Oval. If the forward line appears functional, we keep the same forward line.

So what is everyone's expectation, benchmark for Marshall this week? What keeps him in next week if we are to win against West Coast?
Assuming we win, a pass mark is Marshall keeping WC from letting his man run off him to spoil Dixon / smalls.

A good return is the above and any number of goals.

A great game is him and Dixon have 5 or more between them. IDGAF on the split if it's 5 to Charlie or 0 or anything in between.

lol wow, take the cash out now and run! $70 for nothing, on a bet that's almost certain to lose. That's a huge gain.
I have the same bet on and put on $35.00. My cash out is $80.35 at the moment.

You seem so confident that it won't pay out, why?

Surely now that its finals we have Robbie running through the middle - he surely is a chance at 30 or more you would have thought?

Venturing into the WCE thread, never thought some many of their supporters absolutely hate Port. I can see why since we got a good record against them but still. Coked out junkies

I posted in their banter thread a few times last week when I was insanely bored at work. There were a few decent posters but the majority was just TARPS LOL 119 LOLLL!1111

I hope SPP has an absolute blinder and steals the show tomorrow night. While over in Sydney, McGrath does bugger all.
Whether SPP does or not, Sydney aren't going to let McGrath collect easy kicks at half back in a final. Welcome to the real world kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope SPP has an absolute blinder and steals the show tomorrow night. While over in Sydney, McGrath does bugger all.

He didn't get the chance to show West Coast his wares properly after he got injured during his attempted murder of Yeo, so here's hoping he can give them a brutal reminder of what they passed up.

3 things I want from the game.

1. A win
2. SPP BOG and a Tredrea-esque shepherd on Mitchell.
3. Marshall pulling out a 1 handed mark, goal and chainsaw.

I have the same bet on and put on $35.00. My cash out is $80.35 at the moment.

You seem so confident that it won't pay out, why?

Surely now that its finals we have Robbie running through the middle - he surely is a chance at 30 or more you would have thought?

Robbie's only had 30 touches three times this year. Odds are about right really.

Although he's AA again this year the number of times Robbie has had 30 or more disposals this year is only 3 and he has got 15 and 13 against West Coast. He had 30 disposals 7 times in his best year, 2014 and this has dropped every year. There are probably a few people thinking like that and the betting agencies realise they have to make their odds a bit juicier to get more punters in.
Chad Wingard with five 30 disposal games out of the 18 he played this year is more likely and he also had 21 and 34 against West Coast but I would assume his odds reflect that.

lol wow, take the cash out now and run! $70 for nothing, on a bet that's almost certain to lose. That's a huge gain.
Disagree, Robbie can absolutely get 30 +. Finals is the time where the really gifted players step up even more, Robbie to turn it on for mine.

Closely followed by Wingard, Ryder and Dixon. The cream will rise to the top.

Disagree, Robbie can absolutely get 30 +. Finals is the time where the really gifted players step up even more, Robbie to turn it on for mine.

Closely followed by Wingard, Ryder and Dixon. The cream will rise to the top.
He'd be about a 10-15% chance based on other games this year. Honestly though I seriously doubt he will play through the middle much this week so I'd be cashing out for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2017 First Elimination Final Ports vs West Coast Eagles, AKA The Perth Stadium Penguins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back