Official Club Stuff 2017 Membership Tally - *50,326 - Final Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Two reasons I think:

I've been at the 'G for 3 CFC premierships and I'll take those wonderful memories to the grave. And I'll pay up in the meantime.

Many supporters though haven't that experience yet. Their allegiance is more like an inheritance, you just get it, you don't have a personal journey behind it. Wait until we succeed again. Then they'll come on board.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

THIS- Secondly, we have historically been the corporate club, we didn't 'need' members which brought some dis-connect. I think theres a legacy still from that mentality, but we're coming from a low base.

Two reasons I think:

I've been at the 'G for 3 CFC premierships and I'll take those wonderful memories to the grave. And I'll pay up in the meantime.

Many supporters though haven't that experience yet. Their allegiance is more like an inheritance, you just get it, you don't have a personal journey behind it. Wait until we succeed again. Then they'll come on board.

Secondly, we have historically been the corporate club, we didn't 'need' members which brought some dis-connect. I think theres a legacy still from that mentality, but we're coming from a low base.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I dont agree with the first part of what you said because as I pointed out Essendon relatively speaking and Richmond definitely have not had too much success finalswise in the past 10 years and seem to have no such problems.
You would think also, that tough times and when we're down is when the club could really use the members- the only two times we've topped 50k has been in the last 3yrs.

In our attendances are right up there, so the support is there- just not the commitment.

I think pure supporterwise we're one of the biggest- definitely ahead of geelong and probably richmond and hawthorn, we just dont like buying memberships:(

Will try and convince a few people to join in the offseason. Managed to get two to join this year so will keep plugging at it.

Would also think how our membership department ran years previous may have turned many off as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back