NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee I hope Cam works out for the Jags ....for Blake's sake at least. Albert was a strange signing. Was signed but immediately held out from voluntary workouts and if some reports are to be believed, didn't even take calls from the Jags. All for a guy that hasn't played a full season in 6-7 years

I dont think he will. He is a hot head, and if Bortles shits the bed again he will blow up.

Former Broncos LT Ryan Clady announced his retirement after nine seasons in the NFL.

The 12th overall pick of the 2008 draft, Clady started 98 games for the Broncos over eight seasons, earning four Pro Bowl nods and two First Team All-Pro honors. A torn ACL which cost Clady the 2015 season was the beginning of the end of his career, however, and he lasted just nine games with the Jets before landing on injured reserve last year. Only 30, it is always possible Clady decides to come back if he gets the right offer, although he said he made this decision despite interest from multiple teams.

Source: Ryan Clady on Twitter
Aug 1 - 11:36 AM

CBS' Jason La Canfora has heard "plenty of rumblings" of Andrew Luck (shoulder surgery) beginning the year on the reserve/PUP list, which would cost him six games.

Word of the "rumblings" comes the same day Luck declined to guarantee he would be ready for Week 1. From ownership on down, the Colts have refused to place a timeline on Luck's return. The idea of Week 1 uncertainty hadn't really been taken seriously, but that's no longer an option. La Canfora "wouldn't bet against" Luck missing time in September. The PUP list would be an unlikely worst-case scenario, but it's become clear no one really knows when Luck will be ready to take his place under center.

Source: CBS Sports
Aug 1 - 4:44 PM

Christoph-Waltz-Excited.gif

I wish Falcons/Patriots was the kick off game
I don't see the point in having 2 games in a row being exactly the same teams.

Its bad enough when divisional teams play each other twice within a month.

I don't see the point in having 2 games in a row being exactly the same teams.

Its bad enough when divisional teams play each other twice within a month.
Yeah... 2 games in a row... 7 months apart and different seasons. It is way more hype than (a pretty good matchup anyway)

I'm more inclined to wag uni/work if it's an epic SB rematch where the Falcons should have won and are dirty at themselves out to prove something, against the Champs, compared to.. the Pats beating the Chiefs by 21 points (they would do that against 90% of teams to be fair)

Also I don't get this defeatist attidue from the NFC South. Same as last year with the Panthers. Weren't EAGER to play the rematch. Were saying it's unfair, should be left to mid season, etc. etc. (even players/coaches saying it). I remember in 2014 I wanted to play Seattle ASAP. Like seriously dirty at the SB performance and ready to go... but it's a different attitude here?? Must be an NFC South thing, and why they have 2 Super Bowl's combined for the whole div...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News....

Sterling Shepard carted off field leg injury

Will Fuller broken collarbone

Riders Joe Willians fumbling too much and entrenched at #3 :(

Ravens GM and HC want to sign Kaepernick but the owner is saying "no"

Rams Dominique Easley torn ACL out 2017

Steelers are pissed at Goodell for dragging his feet with Bryants reinstatement.

Redskins Jamison Crowder missing a lot of time with hamstring injury

A recent study showed 110 of 111 brains of former nfl players donated to science showed signs of CTE. And Jared Veldheer contemplated retiring immediately but the lure of $6m earnings this season has him back playing.

Dolphins draftee Isiah Ford meniscus damage in knee out for year probably. Also Jay Ajayi out for a week with a big concussion, bad sign this early.

Lamp going down with an ACL hurts LA
First Mike Williams, now Forrest Lamp. Dan Feeney must be quaking in his boots.

BTW - Lamp is a bigger loss than Williams IMO, with the Chargers reworking their OL via the draft this year....

Lamp going down with an ACL hurts LA

ATN pod jinxed them. They were talking about the potential of having Williams miss wasn't too bad due to the WR depth and how much worse it would be if Lamp or OL members went down...

You just don't put it out there in the air folks :D

Last edited:
Blacky

Kevin White disputed Bears WRs coach Zach Azzanni's story that the two watched White's college film together in an effort to restore White's confidence, and remind White that he used to be good.

Asked about Azzanni's story by reporters on Wednesday, White reportedly became "tense" and insisted he was simply watching film with Kendall Wright and Victor Cruz. Azzanni gave a difference account on Monday. For whatever it's worth, White reportedly had his best practice of training camp on Wednesday.

Source: ESPN Chicago
Aug 2 - 8:10 PM

In other words, Biscotti HAS blocked the move

uIoKEli.jpg

Brought to you by the wonderful folks in your FB comments sections.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back