List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have fa trade currency for a big fish

Our 2019 first and Newman is not getting anyone excited

Could target a player who has the potential to be a bigger fish with opportunity.

Who drops out of midfield opportunities at Essendon with Shiel coming on board?

Likewise Hawks with reportedly Wingard, Scully etc

Releasing Jones & Mills into the midfield means our midfield isn't Papley, Robinson and Ronke. Sounds like it's addressing our concerns
How many minutes did these three play midfield this year?
If it was substantial then I’d agree with you...
How many minutes has Robinson spent In the fwd line kicking goals? He’s borderline top 22 let alone a goal scoring option..
Happy to agree to disagree partially in this area, but understand where you’re coming from

Every chance Harley said we weren't into may as it was seen almost as a given Hogan was going to Freo so may was going to Melbourne but now that's fallen through we might be in the race. I'm not holding my breath though

Would be happy to see Reid shopped to Go Co with Newman for an early pick. Toss in kj as leadership steak knives.

We live in perpetual hope for Reid. I reckon it is the same story for Collingwood supporters and his older brother. But the truth is that if he has broken down as a younger player with multiple soft tissue injuries for two seasons...he is not going to be able to reverse his resilience to them as an older player. I hate that the Swans have invested so heavily in Reid, believing that the faith will be repaid,but increasingly it looks like the dollars have followed Tippett's into the waste bin. If he has currency then "cut and run" could be our last play for redemption of the investment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the 'issue' is loss of control in midfield creating a disproportionately high inside 50 count our defenders can no longer repel then addressing the midfield does address the issue. In buddy we have perhaps have the greatest forward ever. The other players we have there are quality too. Sure beyond Reid and lesser extent Mccartin there is a dearth of marking targets and that's a weak point needs attention but I don't think that's the problem in not scoring. If we get and control enough of the ball then we will score.
Correct and hence I made the point “I get it realeases Mills/Jones” but to whom are we kicking too?
If we get a full season out of Reid that’s a massive help, same with McCs development
The problem is scoring history shows us that it is the actual case -

Correct and hence I made the point “I get it realeases Mills/Jones” but to whom are we kicking too?
If we get a full season out of Reid that’s a massive help, same with McCs development
I never understood why we didn't back Cameron more. We need the marking targets, McCartin was great but having 2 rucks means Sinclair can spend more time as a marking forward

Langdon stays at a club where a number of players have been banned for testing positive to illicit substances over the last few years. Yet it’s the Swans with the issues.

Hard to get a player to move from elsewhere unless they are unsettled.
They are professional footballers with possibly a five year career. Money is the big incentive. We offered Langdon possibly 200,000 more a season than the maggots. Goes up a mountain and says no. We have an extremely unattractive style of football, an older generation coach of the Pagan school that puts grown men in the naughty corner and are perceived as taking a drop down the ladder next year. The maggots have a "new age" younger coach who is now apparently relating as a human being to the players and an exciting game plan that can win a premiership. Maybe job satisfaction and the imminent possibility of success can trump money? We are supposed to believe that he turned down a massive over the odds payment for four years because he likes to catch the Number 6 tram to his girlfriend's place?

It is why I want to trade for Casboult as for all his flaws he is a very good target to aim at in the forward 50.

You can't take Reid into account when designing a team. When he's not injured he should be considered as a bonus swingman.

Its ok being called a swingman when all you do when you go back is float around as a spare man. Any AFL Footballer who gets sent back should have the footy IQ to be able to play that role. Try getting Reid to play as a natural defender where he has to mind a man. The true description of swingman in AFL is seriously misinterpreted. Although despised Hunter from the Eagles was a Swingman.

Its ok being called a swingman when all you do when you go back is float around as a spare man. Any AFL Footballer who gets sent back should have the footy IQ to be able to play that role. Try getting Reid to play as a natural defender where he has to mind a man. The true description of swingman in AFL is seriously misinterpreted. Although despised Hunter from the Eagles was a Swingman.
Swingman is a basketball term , not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back