List Mgmt. 2018 Draft, Free Agency & Trade Hypotheticals thread, Part II: Nothing happened!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is why I want to trade for Casboult as for all his flaws he is a very good target to aim at in the forward 50.

From a widely respected poster, this is a remarkably dumb contribution. Id also almost prefer our mythological Number 8 aka an ATM sitting in his mound of coinage.

Just one thing I wanted to say. Trading for the sack of trading never works well. Port last year, Crazy Vossy @ Brisbane, etc.... You need to identify targets that are going to improve the footy club. If you can't, go to the draft.

I won't even start on the salary requirements, but on May, GCS would get a top 3 pick next year with a free agency offer. I think that he would definitely improve our team and release Rampe.

What could we possibly give up to get him? I don't think that our 1st next year, and Saints 2nd round next year would be enough to get him through the doors. That valuation doesn't get close to a top 3 pick. I would think we would need to give up a player.

It's concerning that no one seems to want to come to Sydney anymore. Why not? It's a pretty cool and eminently liveable city. You would think that the relative anonymity and lack of media pressure might also appeal to least some, but no, everyone wants to be in either Victoria or WA. AFL players are ****ing weirdos.

Just one thing I wanted to say. Trading for the sack of trading never works well. Port last year, Crazy Vossy @ Brisbane, etc.... You need to identify targets that are going to improve the footy club. If you can't, go to the draft.

You go to the draft every year either way.
And I don't really get referring to "trading for tradings sake" if you asked Brisbane at that time I'm sure they'd actually have reasoning beyond "just felt like trading" likewise Port last year, it mightn't have worked out how they hoped but Im sure their strategy wasn't just "lets do some trading" and it certainly didnt impact their ability to draft, the previous year to last we'd done a trade with port of 3 picks in the top 30 for 2 picks, and last year they got the same value we just got for Hanners, future second pick from the saints, for Logan Austin who has played 20 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's concerning that no one seems to want to come to Sydney anymore. Why not? It's a pretty cool and eminently liveable city. You would think that the relative anonymity and lack of media pressure might also appeal to least some, but no, everyone wants to be in either Victoria or WA. AFL players are ******* weirdos.
Why is that Melbourne is the sports capital of the world . WTFDWFTI

It's concerning that no one seems to want to come to Sydney anymore. Why not? It's a pretty cool and eminently liveable city. You would think that the relative anonymity and lack of media pressure might also appeal to least some, but no, everyone wants to be in either Victoria or WA. AFL players are ******* weirdos.
I would think that the vast majority of players love being recognised, especially the single ones. Being recognised also helps with additional income, ie performing at promotional events, advertising, being a guest on The Footy Show, etc etc.

I would think that the vast majority of players love being recognised, especially the single ones. Being recognised also helps with additional income, ie performing at promotional events, advertising, being a guest on The Footy Show, etc etc.

You’d think a decent amount of them would have healthy egos given they’d come through the ranks best player of their local club, told how good they are, taken in the top 40-70 kids in the whole country.

As you say, like the attention.

It’s probably not until they get a little older, more settled and perhaps family that they start to shy away from the spotlight and want a quieter place to raise a family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back