Injury 2018 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone hear anything on Linc? Hip surgery last year, I was of the opinion he was tracking well this pre season but not listed in any pre season games and all is very quiet. In my opinion a extremely vital player for us so is he in rehab again or not?
Yeah haven't herd a thing... I wonder if the Geelong Cats Website will soon do a weekly update on our injury list soon. As we really don't know who not and who is fit atm

Anyone hear anything on Linc? Hip surgery last year, I was of the opinion he was tracking well this pre season but not listed in any pre season games and all is very quiet. In my opinion a extremely vital player for us so is he in rehab again or not?

Given the history of these scenarios where players 'disappear' from any mention in articles regarding potential selection discussions or recovery timeframe reports, I fear the worst.

Yeah haven't herd a thing... I wonder if the Geelong Cats Website will soon do a weekly update on our injury list soon. As we really don't know who not and who is fit atm

I predict that he won't even appear on their first update, whenever it emerges. Or if he does, he'll be slated for a 'medium term' return.

We will then probably hear of his latest surgery a couple of weeks after it actually happens. Around Round 4 is my prediction.

And I really do wish that this post was a totally ridiculous parody, based on no empirical evidence whatsoever.

:(

Updates from the Addy:

- Dangerfield - scans
- Ablett, Cockatoo, Crameri and Scooter - trained on Saturday and may play VFL Friday. Will all train in main session on Wednesday to determine next step.
- Stanley - scans

Updates from the Addy:

- Dangerfield - scans
- Ablett, Cockatoo, Crameri and Scooter - trained on Saturday and may play VFL Friday. Will all train in main session on Wednesday to determine next step.
- Stanley - scans

The only time I'll start to get bothered is when they run out against Melbourne, IF Ablett and Dangerfield aren't out there. Otherwise we're looking pretty good.

3AW saying Tom McDonald unlikely to play (has a hot spot on big toe). Nathan Jones could be doubtful; suffering back spasms, and Viney is definitely out.

Updates from the Addy:

- Dangerfield - scans
- Stanley - scans
Scooter maybe playing Friday is an unexpected surprise.

I'll be going for a look Friday night, will report back what I can

AS requested for foxdoog50 we needed a 2018 General Injury thread...

So with that in mind..

May this be the most un used and boring thread of the entire season...

Thus meaning we don't have any.

Go Catters

Dazbronco... Have I jinx this thread so far :(

Updates from the Addy:

- Dangerfield - scans
- Stanley - scans
Any chance that someone knows anyone working at the hospital where the scans are done and they can maybe alter Stanley's scans to make them look worse and have him out for half the season?

We seem to have skated through most of pre-season without much incident, then the last couple of weeks it all seems to have blown up... when apparently we have been flogging the guys.
So were the club just not telling us if people were hurt early (highly likely since the didn't really have a media team then)
or has the increase in workload and tempo impacted players? Which also isn't great as if they can't handle that... then getting through a season is a worry.

or is it just one of those things?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Sam Menegola was touch and go for Round one as well with a calf complaint ?
Bit of a worry with Ablett, Dangerfield, Scott Selwood all struggling with injury if the Menegola thing is true as well ?

I thought Sam Menegola was touch and go for Round one as well with a calf complaint ?
Bit of a worry with Ablett, Dangerfield, Scott Selwood all struggling with injury if the Menegola thing is true as well ?
Why do you care?

Because I follow Football ..... Especially the teams I think are the biggest threats for the year ..... Or is that not allowed ? Talk about petty.
It was a little condescending if you ask me, particularly from someone with so little contribution to the forum.

I smell a rat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2018 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back