Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly wont be disappointed if Kelly chooses wc(pretty much fait accompli in my book anyway ), in fact I’d prefer to go to the draft and hopefully bring in 4 first rounders.

Our Team lacks some notable positional talent still while our overall squads depth is still poor.

That said should he do a complete 180 and decide to come here then you the club will get a deal done.

I’d be offering no more than our first with a swap of seconds with Geelong.
Take it or leave it.

Is a bit like Membury from St.kilda not tall enough for KP and not quite quick enough for pressure forward. Worth a rookie selection.
Sokol reminds me of LeCras. In the same height range (i.e. not a small forward or tall forward like Membrey too). Not super fast. Just smart, good skills and knows how to manufacture goals.

I don't

It's cool I'd just be spreading a rumour from a mate who knows him
I know people that know him too. I’m not pretending to know better, but o don’t feel it’s cut and dry like everyone’s saying. Reading the signs, he will go to the club with the best offer $. He even distanced himself from the theory he wants to go to one club.

Me too we miss out on Kelly,
Go for Brad Crouch will cost cheap picks wise and is a clearance beast pick 6 gets it done.
Or trade a pick 20 from Langdon and Cox something like that 🤙

Dont shoot the messenger but a good mate of mine who knows his relatives have told me that he's had issues with Bennell.

This has nothing to do with B Hill

That said no Ross and possibly no Hill and no Bennell might change that

Seriously- wouldn’t want to spread that rumour??????

Dont shoot the messenger but a good mate of mine who knows his relatives have told me that he's had issues with Bennell.

This has nothing to do with B Hill

That said no Ross and possibly no Hill and no Bennell might change that
A new coach, new CEO. Hell its a brand new team. Fyfe as Brownlow captain, vs persona Dangerfield. It’s different now for Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was snoozing during the news tonight, did I hear that Blakely is definitely not going anywhere despite recent ‘private’ issues?
It seems BF campaigners either like him or don’t rate him. I like him & think under a new coach he will flourish.
Indeed you did. Also that we, port, Melbourne and St Kilda (may be off on the saints) are all keen on Sokol.

St Kilda is very much like Fremantle in that we are both pressured by our supporters to improve recent results - even going as far as to change the coach and bring in mature bodies to lift competitiveness.

The difference is that St Kilda don't have the ceiling Fremantle does financially and they have watched our club go through a period of success, drop off and now arguably we are at the same level again. If/when both clubs are doing well, the result of Fremantle doing well will look a lot better on the balance sheet than St Kilda.

Brad Crouch is a free agent next year, he'll probably want to go back to Melbourne, we could make a play for him,an A grade midfielder always in the top 10 for disposals in the AFL.
Could be plan B if we fail to get Kelly and he's relatively young at 25.
Better still use our top picks ( include Hill's pick) and grab both,WOW

Last edited:
a S&C department that needs but doesn't appear to be getting a revamp
I'm hoping the new CEO and coach will move quickly on this. You just have to look at how Fagan turned it around at Brisbane to know it can be done quickly and well.

Speaking on Tuesday morning ahead of the club's first final in a decade, coach Chris Fagan recalled his very first pre-season session in November 2016.

"There were 37 players there, 25 were in rehab and 12 were doing proper training and I thought "gee, I forgot to ask them that question, how healthy was the list?"

"From that day forward, it was a new medical group and we all started together, that's been addressed and over the course of the last two years we've had a magnificent run with injuries, which I hope continues for the rest of this year and into the future, of course."

The Lions have missed fewer games through injury than any other team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back