Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:

It wasn't that impressive of a spin move to be honest.

It was also totally unnecessary, and the fact that a genuine gun player in Whitfield still fell for it and Pickett strolled away is what makes it so good.

You would think the salt mine would be almost empty, but gems like the late 2 pages have been some of the more intense salt I've ever read. I love it. Given this thread has given me so much entertainment, I thought I'd collate some feedback this week amongst AFL people I interacted with..

Carlton Supporters - For the most part, accept the finals as a fizzer as we were simply too dominant, and they accept we are setting up for a Dynasty.
Essendon - Just happy Colonwood choked. We were just "too good".. Genuinely believe they are a premiership threat in 2020.
Norf Supporter (Yes, I know one) - More interested in trade week. Tigers just too good.
Melbourne - Thank God the season is over. Tigers just smashed everyone..
Swans - Hopefully Buddy gets up next season. Tigers on a roll.
Bulldogs - We will be up there to challenge you guys next year.
Hawks - Another Premiership from one of Clarko's understudies. Just too good.
Lions - We will be better for our loss against the best side of the decade.
Saints - We are Miles off, but Tigers are second favorite team. Deserved the flag.
Freo, Crows, Suns, Port, Giants - Didn't meet any of their supporters.

Wet Toast E Girls - Their flag is worth more because we traveled every second week.
Geesook - Tainted flag. Should have played finals at our ground to be fair. Umpires played for Tigers all season.
Colonwood - Too many MCG games. No injuries. Umps won the GF for you...If we had De Goey we would have smashed you in the GF....

So for the most part, only teams that could have challenged us are carrying a massive amount of salt. The exception is Brisbane. I guess they could not complain as we beat them easily, twice at the end of the season and on their Home Ground. E-Girls did get close, but they believe that they should have gone back to back. Colonwood have a short memory as they had a run of 7 MCG games in 2010 (same as us). But I can't find any salt about that fact anywhere. Geesook are off the scale. The entire shanty town is buried under a massive amount of salt. If they had their way, all games should be at the Corio Vellodrome, including all finals. The Norm Smith should be changed to the "Chris Scott" and they should be allowed to pay players like Ablett and Kelly outside the cap, because they are a big club.

Feels like the Grand Final has a fifth quarter after all.

A first gamer in a GF, to have the confidence and even arrogance to instinctively do it in the first place is extremely impressive, and pulling it off and superbly delivering it to George in the zone made it more so.

My god there are some properly salty Weagles fans out there. You know it’s kinda fukt when Pies and Tigers fans are banding together on the same MB thread trying to shoot these f***ers down

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Noticed that too. Who would've thought that it would be the eagles that bring us together. That said I'd rather be in a world where we aren't teaming up with pies, but I guess it's not all bad.

It was also totally unnecessary, and the fact that a genuine gun player in Whitfield still fell for it and Pickett strolled away is what makes it so good.

agree it was hugely disrespectful. It was the biggest FU I’ve ever seen a player give. What iced the cake was that it was:

(a) Marlion Pickett;
(b) a debutant;
(c) grandfinal;
(d) all of the above.

delicious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it necessarily falls in the Premiership salt mine but had to chuckle the last couple of mornings on SEN with Nick Dal Santo and Sam Edmund.

Dusty is obviously promoting his new book and they have it as a prize on SEN for the quiz i think it is. Well Nicky Dal both mornings has basically got stuck into the 'Do you really need to bring out a book when your half way though a career' and taken the piss for a few mornings now. Would Ralph be a little dissapointed they are trying to promote something only to have it demeaned each time?

They are making out like its the first time an athlete has brought out a book mid career to make a little $$$. Bloody Captains diary comes out every bloody tour.

Anyways Nicky Dal is the salt miner in this case. Really does dislike anything Richmond.

nick dal is just salty that even his own teams fans forgot about him the day after he retired whereas dusty is huge enough to release a book already and a 1 or 2 later on for easy cash

the spin was perfect for the situation

i really doubt 'ya boy JL' has a equal feel or ability to play the game as Pickett

a side step might have looked satisfactory but Pickett knew what he was doing. What a moment
Oath! I'll just show the club what I have in the cupboard of footy skills while I'm out here today debuting in a Grand Final! Sweet Jesus I'm in the Granny! :)
Side step...hmmmm, maybe nahhh...feck it i haven't pulled out the old 360 degree spin for ages! I'll give that one a twirl! :)
Not bad Marlion ol' son narry a waver in the 360! Feck it while I still have the ball in my hands, I'll try and spot up Georgie for a goal (fecking chaos king!)...
Feck this is too easy...hope Balmey sees this and likes what he sees and hits me up with some more ca$h in my contract... :)

Geelong!
By far the saltiest nuts on earth
Really?!? I'm confused cos their is no mention of Port being destroyed by 100+ points in a GF as a comparison?!?!
Different strokes for different salty folks! :)

A first gamer in a GF, to have the confidence and even arrogance to instinctively do it in the first place is extremely impressive, and pulling it off and superbly delivering it to George in the zone made it more so.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely adore the spin.
But on a footy fundamentals level it just wasn't that good. It was slow and it was telegraphed beyond belief. That's why I love it so much.

Bloke was absolutely taking the piss. If only George could of dobbed the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back