List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of rubbish in this thread, perusing through pages and pages of tripe, I noticed a debate on whether we are done for whether Higgins stays or Go’s.
The only benefit Higgins has going forward is leadership values.. lets be honest, we are not winning the flag in 2020, not happening, not one iota of a chance.. however, what we do have is a seriously decent mix of kids in their first/second year.. what we should seriously consider doing is dragging in more kids around the 21/22 years of age, Cerra, Dow, Milera or a Houston, even Papley. this should build the list and would be a quick turn around, the only trick is to keep leadership at the club.. If a leader walks its imperitive to have another come in to replace them..

Also, this years Draft is pretty shite, this is not the year trading for first n second rounders will be beneficial, more likely to gain from later rounds in 2019

You wanna trade our two best players and our first round pick for a younger, less good version of Cunners and Adam Cerra? Yeah nah
Correction. I want to trade 2 players that will be 32 next year for 2 players that are highly rated and only 21.

Plus i have a 1st rounder coming back so it's effectively higgins, goldstein and a 1st round for cerra, constable and a 1st round.

I'm not sure if people remember how we went when cunnington was tagged this year. We aren't clearance juggernauts. He needs help in there. Constable is 190cm and has similarities to crisp. We could definitely do with that. A succession plan after cunnington would be nice too. More chance for him to rest forward.

Correction. I want to trade 2 players that will be 32 next year for 2 players that are highly rated and only 21.

Plus i have a 1st rounder coming back so it's effectively higgins, goldstein and a 1st round for cerra, constable and a 1st round.

I'm not sure if people remember how we went when cunnington was tagged this year. We aren't clearance juggernauts. He needs help in there. Constable is 190cm and has similarities to crisp. We could definitely do with that. A succession plan after cunnington would be nice too. More chance for him to rest forward.
Cant trade out leadership, must keep leaders at the club. I’m all for trading players out that benefits the club and im also a believer that no player is bigger than the club. But in all honesty, trading out one of the best ruckman this decade and compromise the development of Xerri by doing so would have negative impacts, also with Higgins.

Fwiw, Higgins isnt walking

Is trading out Higgins for a buffer in the draft or even an extra pick going to get us into playing top 4 footy next year?
No.
If we've elected to keep Goldie, it means north wants to keep the faith.
The faith from that circa 2016 era when we we thought we were onto something.
Shaw wanted to keep Goldie, he was adamant in those press conferences, so I'm sure as hell he holds Higgins in that same respect and is even more determined to push for finals.
Keep developing and keep performing like we did for the second half of the year.
Unless a Josh Kelly/ Martin type of A grade opportunity comes up.
We've got nothing to lose by keeping Higgins.
We have more to lose by letting him go.

Don’t know him at all. Why would anyone respond to an anonymous person on Twitter? There’s millions of them

Nobody HAS to respond to anyone, but that doesn't excuse him from being at the very least incompetent to carry out his duties to any reasonable standard.

It's also interesting to see the significant double standards applied to this bloke on this board, in comparison to basically all other AFL "journo's".

Nobody HAS to respond to anyone, but that doesn't excuse him from being at the very least incompetent to carry out his duties to any reasonable standard.

It's also interesting to see the significant double standards applied to this bloke on this board, in comparison to basically all other AFL "journo's".

I honestly don’t get the last paragraph?

I honestly don’t get the last paragraph?

Okay, I will spell it out.

I can't remember the last any small posse got together to defend Barrett, Robinson, Wilson, etc, etc, etc x 1000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that the trigger cause means nothing. See Josh Kelly’s trigger that he has another 8 years if he wants it. Doesn’t mean he has to take it if he wants to leave

Do you reckon someone in Marc McGowan position should automatically know that, before quoting club C.E.O's verbatim and presenting that to his audience?

I hope he is speaking the truth but Dayne Beams said he was staying at Brisbane too even though circumstances were different. I just hope he stays.

Shaun doesn't have any significant debts that require immediate action. ;)

He's the only player on our list in 4 years to make AA, and he's a problem?

Not him specifically, more where our list is at. Shaun has been a club great but if the decision is either he leaves or you give him an extension past 2020 (when he showed signs this year he is declining as a footballer in terms of effectiveness), I can understand why the club might look to move him.

List management is about what a player is going to bring you next year, not what a player has given you in the previous few.

Im assuming would know it. Aren’t we discussing Cal Twomey though?

Yes, Cal did the original article. Snake is getting riled up by another from Marc that he misinterpreted and is going on the attack to hide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back