2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

If they have they have done a bang up job, he's out on the scooby snacks last weekend and he's declared unfit to play now. I almost hope for our club's sake that they haven't cause if they have been heavily involved to date we are no hope.
Welcome to the reality of flawed humans. I'm talking about Hogan here.

Unless you would prefer players were kept at the club under lock and key while they rehabilitated injuries and underwent mental health treatment? That would get better results.

Brilliant. Why haven't they been doing that since November when he arrived with his known anxiety disorder?
They probably have. That Bell used the word "clinical" in his presser strongly suggests that there is a diagnosis and a treatment plan.

If that is the case then it appears, however, that the patient hasn't always followed the advice of his doctor. Isn't the first time and won't be the last, but still incredibly unprofessional to do so.

He’s not Ben. Issues not being swept under the carpet and ignored. Just don’t see how stopping him playing helps.

Because he broke team rules. He is most probably being treated for his injury and punished for breaking team rules at the same time.

Which makes sense: he isn't above team rules. The club needs to consider the example it is setting for 40 other players as well as it what it is doing with Jesse.

Last edited:
Hogan’s timeline will be dictated by how and what he is using to manage his anxiety.

Pretty excited to maybe see 5 new faces this week. Bring on round 1. Would love McCarthy to silence a few doubters this week
Yep! This is actually a great opportunity for some guys. Grab it with both hands and make the injured players work for their spots when they are fit.

That approach worked well for Ben.
Love how channel 7 trying to get us our own Cousins. Basil just had to try and cause controversy and create scandal. Cousins vs Hogan. Yeah right

Cousins flat out refused help, kept going as if he’s invincible and was a basket case of a person. Doesn’t want help, West Coast didn’t go about defending him or helping him. Wanted that premiership at all cost. So please Cousins is a train wreck. Just hope Hogan doesn’t escalate this far that he’s beyond help.

Hogan has the opportunity to work on his psychological problems, has the full support of Freo and has been going through significantly much more then princess Cousins. A cancer diagnosis, his father dying, living over in Melbourne. I back him to turn it around, he needs to get help and accept it. That’s the key. Hogan himself has to want to work and initiate change in his life. Club can only support him as far as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how channel 7 trying to get us our own Cousins. Basil just had to try and cause controversy and create scandal. Cousins vs Hogan. Yeah right

Cousins flat out refused help, kept going as if he’s invincible and was a basket case of a person. Doesn’t want help, West Coast didn’t go about defending him or helping him. Wanted that premiership at all cost. So please Cousins is a train wreck. Just hope Hogan doesn’t escalate this far that he’s beyond help.

Hogan has the opportunity to work on his psychological problems, has the full support of Freo and has been going through significantly much more then princess Cousins. A cancer diagnosis, his father dying, living over in Melbourne. I back him to turn it around, he needs to get help and accept it. That’s the key. Hogan himself has to want to work and initiate change in his life. Club can only support him as far as possible.

The point i was attempting to make was that the mob down the road took the attitude of "he is fit and playing well, so we play him" and ignored the rumours, behaviour and regular sightings outand about.
My point is that perhaps our stand down approach early on helps provide clarity and support at an earlier stage rather than just play him.

The point i was attempting to make was that the mob down the road took the attitude of "he is fit and playing well, so we play him" and ignored the rumours, behaviour and regular sightings outand about.
My point is that perhaps our stand down approach early on helps provide clarity and support at an earlier stage rather than just play him.
Understood. Just angry at the media trying to create a Cousins monster out of this. Hogan is a far different case. Deserve respect.

Hi Gaskin. Did Logue train ?

I think so. I remember seeing him out there but I don't recall actually seeing him do anything. Danny is probably the better person to ask.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back